Uterine fibroids are actually the uterine muscles known as myometrium that tend to increase in number in order to form a tumor. These tumors are non-cancerous in nature which about 80 per cent of the women develop by the age of 50. The etiology is not yet known though but the predisposing factors could be:
- hormonal disorders
- abnormalities of the vascular system
- Genetics etc.
Uterine fibroids might show symptoms in some while the others remain symptomless. The symptoms may include an ongoing menstrual bleeding which could be with a heavy flow, there could be pain and pressure in the pelvic region accompanied with a lower back pain, rectal pressure and bladder issues. Women with such an amount of blood loss also go through anemia too while having too large fibroids can lead to complications in the pregnancy as well.
Today you will be reading about some very effective home remedies that would help the ladies with their issue of fibroids.
“Females now you do not need to get worried with the thought of having fibroids in the uterus as with these home remedies you can have the best results to get rid of them.”
Vitex agnus-castus is an herb which is an amazing yet a reasonable solution for the hormonal imbalance. This Mediterranean herb is also a native to the southern part of Europe and is studied to work well for lowering the estrogen levels by increasing the levels of progesterone. Vitex agnus-castus might help to reduce the inflammation along with regulating the menstrual bleeding during periods but along with this it might also decrease the effectiveness of the birth control pills.
Following method could be followed to prepare vitex tea:
- Crush vitex just about two tablespoons in a bowl
- Now to this vitex you need to add three cups of boiling hot water
- Let the water soak it for 20 minutes and then strain the water
- Drink this about three times daily
Taking its liquid extract about two to three drops daily is another option.
14. Milk Thistle
Milk thistle or Silybum Marianum is an amazing herb for an amazing work that is the regeneration of the liver cells. By doing this milk thistle can provide an efficacy in the function of the liver. Talking about fibroids milk thistle can help with it by metabolizing and breaking down the excessively produced reproductive hormone ‘estrogen’. Estrogen basically stimulates the growth factors to be released which contribute to the growth of the fibroids.
- One can grind their seeds and sprinkle them on cereals and salads and can take up to 2 tablespoons daily.
- Taking 140 milligrams of milk thistle or about 10-25 drops of milk thistle for three months is another treatment for it.
13. Red Raspberry
Red Raspberry is a nutrient packed herb that holds inside it minerals like magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium and phosphorous. It is also rich source of vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and E. It is also a good anti-inflammatory agent and helps with vomiting thus being anti-emetic in nature. As far as uterine fibroids are concerned Red Raspberry acts as a powerful herb to ease the menstrual symptoms related uterine fibroids. Along with this quality Red Raspberry is also used to strength the muscles of the uterus and also helps the body to maintain the balance of the reproductive organs.
12. Nettle Tea
Nettle with its quality of producing new red blood cells helps in the uterine fibroids that lead to anemia because of heavy blood loss during menstrual cycle. It consists of iron and different natural elements which help for the blood loss.
This is how a pleasant flavored nettle tea could be prepared:
- Take around three cups of water and put it to boil
- Once boiled pour this water on dried nettle leaves(about 2 tablespoons)
- Cover this with a lid and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Strain it later and drink it daily with intervals.
11. Yellow Dock
Yellow dock or Rumex Crispus is a bitter herb with not such a pleasing taste. This herb works to deal with the problem of blood loss anemia by improving the production of blood cells in the body. As during uterine fibroids heavy blood loss could occur which surely causes anemia but with yellow dock intake this issue could be tackled. Besides this yellow dock can help with the bile flow and in turn improve the function of liver.
Following are the steps to make yellow dock tea:
- Take 4 cups of water and put it to boil
- Let it boil for about 15 minutes and turn off the stove
- Now add 2 tablespoons of dried root of yellow dock and let it seep for 10 minutes
- Strain before drinking. You might add a sweetener because of its earthy and bitter taste.
10. Red Clover Tea
Red clover is an herb that helps with reduction in the growth of the tissues of the uterus. Estrogen works to stimulate the production of the muscles of the uterus but this herb contains phytoestrogens that works analogues to the estrogen naturally being produced in the body. In order to reduce the size of overly grown uterine tissues and shrink those by drinking about 2-3 cups of red clover herbal tea daily can help with it to a certain extent.
“Fibroids when treated at an initial stage could not create a problem for you. So with these home remedies you can treat them at an early stage and treat yourself easily at home.”
9. Dandelion Root
Dandelion root or Taraxacum Officinale is an herb which is found by the scientist to improve the flow of bile juice being produced by the gall bladder. With this the excessive estrogen being produced is to be effectively degraded and broken down by the body to be excreted out. Estrogen that a cause the myometrial cells to increases rapidly when is degraded can’t do so hence helping in with the uterine fibroids.
Following method could be followed to make an herbal tea:
- Take one cup of water and add 3 tablespoons of dandelion root to it
- Let it sit for 15 minutes in the water
- Strain the water and drink
- One should drink it thrice a day for three months at least to see the results.
8. Green Tea
Green tea contains antioxidants which helps to remove the toxins from our body and helps to provide a healthy skin too. As far as diabetics are concerned green tea could be taken by them as well and the patients with high levels of cholesterol can benefit by green tea as it helps to lower down the cholesterol of the body. Moreover it speeds up the metabolic rate and act as an antiviral and an antibacterial agent for the diseases. The ones having a problem of halitosis could drink tea to reduce their bad breath.
Green tea contains a chemical compound known as Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which stops the growth of fibroid cells. With the inhibition of the growth of fibroid cells the death rate the extra cells increase which reduces the extra myometrial cells. Researchers have also found that green tea along with decreasing the myometrial cells can reduce the symptoms of green tea as well. Drinking about two to three cups of green tea per day can help with the uterine fibroids.
7. Castor Oil Packs
Castor oil packs could be applied to the abdomen which is helpful for the circulatory as well as the lymphatic system as it promotes the stimulation, with which the lymphocytes increase in number that help to eliminate the toxins from the body which would lead to the development of fibroids maybe. The castor oil also contains ricinoleic acid which has anti-inflammatory properties.
With the following remedy fibroids could be reduced to a normal size:
- Soak a piece of cotton on castor oil and place over your abdomen
- Now cover this castor oil soaked cotton with a plastic wrap
- Place a hot water bottle or a heating pad over it and cover all with a towel
- Let it stay like this for an hour and then remove it.
- Repeat it every alternate day till you see any improvement.
6. Burdock Root Tea
Burdock root helps in the reduction of the uterine fibroids because of its ability to metabolize estrogen. With its quality of having lignin arctienin burdock root tea can inhibit the new tumor to be grown further.
Read the following method to make burdock root tea:
- Take a teaspoon of burdock root tea and put it to boil in a cup of water
- Once boiled turn off the stove and let it seep for 15 minutes
- Now strain the tea and drink
- This tea should be taken three times a day daily for 3-4 months.
Milk is supposed to be a drink in which many nutrients are enclosed but the most important mineral which it contains is calcium. Calcium is needed for strong bones and teeth; therefore, making milk a part of the daily diet is very important.
A research showed that consumption of milk about 3 cups daily in black women resulted in the reduction of uterine fibroids more as compared to the ones who had a less consumption of milk on daily basis. This has lead to an assumption that calcium might help in the reduction of excessive myometrial cell growth.
Hence drinking milk could be helpful with the shrinkage of fibroids.
“Women nowadays are having a serious issue of fibroids in them so now we have gathered some amazing home remedies to treat your disease with them easily.”
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar works to reduce the cholesterol in the body, so the people who are working on their weight reduction must take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar daily. It also works to remove the toxins, though it’s not proven scientifically how to it reduces the fibroids in individuals but it is said to shrink the fibroids.
- One can have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar daily
- Or can simply mix it well in a glass of lukewarm water as first thin in the morning and drink it
- Drink this on daily basis regularly.
Garlic is very strong in its taste which makes it difficult to chew it directly. It helps to fight the viral as well as the bacterial infections which could cause disease to the body. People with earaches can try garlic oil drops to reduce the pain.
As far as fibroid are concerned, garlic is supposed to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that would reduce the uterine fibroids and the growth of tumors in the body. Therefore having about three to four garlic cloves in a day might be helpful with the fibroids.
2. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry or amla is an herb which contains antioxidants properties within itself. It also works as an immunomodulator and is said to works as an excellent home remedy for the uterine fibroids. For the growth of shiny and long hair one must simply wash their hair with Indian Gooseberry’s water daily.
- Take a teaspoon of honey with Indian gooseberry and mix them together
- Have this mixture as first thing in the morning
- Have it daily till the results are positive.
1. Black Molasses Strap
Black strap molasses is extracted from sugar cane plant and is rich in nutrients and minerals. It is safe for the diabetics patients to intake it and for the ones who have a constipation issue can try having this as a laxative. Besides this it also considered to be good for the hair growth because of the important mineral present in it that is copper which is essential for the growth of hair.
As far as uterine fibroids are considered black molasses strap can help with it and its symptoms because if its quality of holding calcium and iron minerals in itself. Taking a tablespoon of it daily can be helpful for the women with fibroids as it would not only help shrink them but with it being rich in iron would reduce the symptoms of anemia as well.
Tips To Prevent Fibroids
- Exercising regularly can help you with a low potential to develop fibroids. Women who exercised for 7 hours or more weekly were proven to develop less chances of having uterine fibroids.
- Women should try and maintain their weight according to the BMI index as an excessive weight gain can lead to high chances of developing fibroids. So all the women reading this should check their BMI index today and work on maintaining their weight according to it.
- One should try and work on their diet as well as intake of red meat is more likely to lead to the development of fibroids.