Toenail fungus is considered to be an ugly and awkward illness as it’s a full proof symbol of embarrassment. This is so because you cannot let your toenails breathe without nail paint and can’t just walk around or sit in a gathering without covering them. Moreover, you can’t enjoying flaunting the heels your spouse gifted you on your birthday because your toenails would be easily visible in them.
It’s also termed as Onychomycosis and carries various traits along with itself such as severe pain and inflammation in the toe. It’s further accompanied by thickening, crumbling and the nail turning from pure white to yellow in color. It’s usually caused by an unusual pH of the skin, exposure of the feet to moisture, regularly wearing socks of a synthetic material and poor foot hygiene which hasn’t been nicely and efficiently taken care of. Consequently, one has to undergo modern medical treatment which can even result in the removing of the nail via surgery. However, before resorting to this I’d suggest you to take into account natural home remedies for treating toenail fungus. And a number of them are listed below.
“DO YOU FIND YOURSELF BEING SICK AND TIRED OF TRYING TO HIDE YOUR TOENAILS BECAUSE THEY’RE INFECTED WITH FUNGUS? WELL NOT ANYMORE.”
15. TEA TREE OIL
Tea tree is considered to be an essential oil which has its roots lying in Australia. However it can turn out to be toxic and harmful when taken from the mouth but is widely used in cosmetics and various skin washing products. Moreover, it can do great wonders if used for the purpose of curing toenail fungus. This is an amazing home remedy which should always be readily available for you inside your kitchen cabinet. You can try this amazing DIY remedy using tea tree oil as an effective toenail fungus treatment like this:
- Nicely cleaning the affected area and the one around it.
- Next, apply an undiluted version of tea tree oil on the affected area and let it soak the oil.
- When it’s completely soaked in, gently rub that part with a spare toothbrush.
- If you tend to apply it directly to the skin, do so by mixing it with olive oil.
- Repeat it daily and when cured continue it for a while in order to restrain regrowth of the fungus.
14. OLIVE LEAF (EXTRACT)
Learn how to get rid of toenail fungus using the natural magic of olive oil. Olive leaves are considered to be very healthy and beneficial. They’re externally protected from parasites and diseases due to certain compounds found within them, which are known to be antioxidants too. Olive leaf extract serves against various purposes such as winter sickness, weak immune system, lethargy; virus’s and even toenails fungus. Moreover, it’s anti-bacterial and even lowers down cholesterol levels.
- Take its supplements on a daily basis.
- As it’s a detoxifier it will lead you to feel some form of discomfort.
- So begin by taking low doses.
- Later, when you have stored back your energy level then increase it.
13. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
It’s a home remedy which is widely used for various purposes inclusive of curing toenail fungus. If you’re suffering from this illness then it’s advised that you regularly drink it as it can easily kill fungus and bacteria are found inside of you. You’re required to follow these suggestion to use this toenail fungus cure:
- Mix Apple Cider Vinegar with hot water and Epsom salt.
- Next, soak your feet in it.
- Try to indulge in something else like watching TV, listening to music or reading a book while your feet are soaked.
- Consequently, the longer your feet are soaked, the better.
12. CORN MEAL
An amazing home remedy to treat toenail fungus is undoubtedly corn meal! It’s actually flour which is the output of dried maize. However, it’s a common staple food but is different from wheat flour and is widely known for serving culinary purposes. Moreover, corn is naturally known to invite a sort of harmless fungus to the body which is considered to be fatal for Candida. So in order to cure toenail fungus by the use of corn meal all you need to do is,
- Mix a cup of corn meal along with ample amount of water in a container.
- Next, let the corn meal nicely dissolve in the water for about an hour or so.
- Later, put the affected foot in the mixture for around 30 minutes.
- Repeat it daily for quick results or you can even try it just once a week as well.
Vinegar consists of water and acetic acid and has many industrial, domestic and medical uses. Furthermore, it’s considered to work great wonders when used to treat toenail fungus. This is so because it combats against the unwanted infection and further tends to restore the pH found in the skin. All these amazing qualities make vinegar one of the best home remedies for toenail fungus. You can begin by,
- Mixing a part of vinegar with double the amount of warm water.
- Next, pour it in a container and soak the affected foot in it.
- Don’t take your feet out before 15 minutes at least.
- Later, rinse it off clean.
- However, wash the skin with water and soap after soaking it in the vinegar as it can turn out to be harsh and irritable for the skin.
- Just be consistent with it and your infection will soon be cured.
10. COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is also an amazing toenail fungus treatment. Coconut oil is one of the most vital and primary home remedies ever used. It’s known best for its culinary use and other beautifying and domestic health benefits and uses as well. Dear readers, if you’re suffering from toenail fungus and have coconut oil at home then you need not worry anymore as it can effectively help combat against toenail fungus too. It consists of a fatty acid which is known as Caprylic acid and is effective in pulling out durable cell wall from the toenail fungus. All you need to do is,
- Gently apply coconut oil to the affected area.
- Let it soak for a while.
- It’s a great remedy for skin treatment and you can continue using it with no fright of a side effect.
9. BAKING SODA
If you want to know how to get rid of toenail fungus using things from you pantry, we’ll suggest you to use baking soda. Dear ladies, where baking soda can help you in eradicating acne marks and blemishes from your facial skin it can quite efficiently combat against toenail fungus too. This occurs because fungus needs an acidic environment to initiate and multiply whereas baking soda counters it because of its alkaline property and helps against its unfavorable spread all across. On the other end, even Sodium borate which is even termed as borax powder can be used to combat against toenail fungus because of its natural mineral element. Both of these when used together can cure toenail fungus within no time.
- Begin by mixing borax powder along with baking soda.
- Make its paste by adding water in the mixture.
- Next, gently apply the paste on the infection region.
- Repeat this twice in a day until you see visible results.
“NOW NO NEED TO RUN FROM ONE DOCTOR TO ANOTHER, SHIFTING AND SWITCHING FROM ONE MEDICATION TO ANOTHER. JUST SIT AT HOME, RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR GATEWAY TO THE PERFECT HOME REMEDIES USED TO CURE TOENAIL FUNGUS.”
8. SNAKE ROOT EXTRACT
It’s actually comes from a plant of the sunflower family which is sued to make medicines. It can be used to treat insomnia, high blood pressure, psychotic disorders, fever epilepsy and much more. Furthermore, it’s a vital home remedy to cure toenail fungus as well. It’s considered to be effective for toenail fungus, similar to any medication given.
7. LAVENDER OIL
In some of the best home remedies for toenail fungus, lavender is at the top of the list. It’s an output of the distillation of flower spikes through a certain species of Lavender. It consists of anti-fungal properties which conclude in it becoming very effective for treating toenail fungus. All you need to do is gently apply lavender oil to the infected area and let it be overnight.
- Cover your feet with socks for it to soak nicely for effective results.
- However, don’t use socks which are made up of synthetic fibers.
- Continue this until you see visible results.
6. LEMON JUICE
Lemon juice has been widely considered to be an effective home remedy for various uses and purposes. Moreover, it’s used as a part of homemade facials as well as mixtures to cure damaged hair and can be effective to treat toenail fungus too. It consists of anti-fungal and anti-septic elements and citric acid which prevents the toenail fungus from spreading farther. Follow these steps to use lemon juice as an effective toenail fungus cure:
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Gently apply lemon juice on the affected region.
- Let it stay for ‘round half an hour.
- Later, rinse it off clean with warm water.
- Or else mix lemon juice with olive oil and massage it on the infected area.
- Olive oil will work towards softening the skin whereas the fungus will be combated by the lemon juice.
5. LISTERINE MOUTH WASH
Although it’s used to slay germs and bacteria are found in the mouth then similarly it can be used to cure toenail fungus as well. It has various elements inclusive of alcohol which acts as a strong antiseptic which helps to push away the harmful fungus. All these qualities are enough to make it one of the best home remedies for toenail fungus. Begin by,
- Filling a container with equal amount of Listerine mouthwash and vinegar.
- Soak the affected foot in it and let it soak for a while.
- Later, rinse it off clean.
- Repeat the same steps twice a day for better results.
4. OREGANO OIL
This can be termed as another natural herb which consists of anti-fungal properties. It is known to be an effective toenail fungus treatment. You’re required to mix oregano and carrier oil together and later applying them on the infected toenails. Moreover, oregano is rich of antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti fungal elements which work a great deal in providing for the cure of toenail fungus. Other then what’s discussed above, all you need to do is,
- Mix oregano oil and olive oil together.
- Gently massage the mixture on the infected region.
- Later, wash it off clean.
- Then repeat the same steps until you find visible results.
3. ORANGE OIL
This is an oil which is produced by the peel of an orange fruit and is a byproduct of orange juice. It’s known to be another widely used home remedy for treating toenail fungus and can easily be applied to toenails for curing an infection. However, orange oil can lead to citrus allergies hence it should be tested on a minor healthy skin before applying it on the infected region. To use this amazing toenail fungus cure, you have to follow these suggestions:
- Apply the orange oil on the infected nails using a dropper.
- This will help in penetrating between the toes too.
- Let the oil remain there for at least about an hour.
- However, if it causes you irritation then mix it with carrier oil and then apply.
- Continue this for about two weeks or so.
2. ANTI-FUNGAL NAIL CREAMS
The next time you go out shopping try to visit the pharmacy as well, there you’ll find such anti-fungal nail creams and ointments in hefty amounts. These are efficient products which can combat against toenail fingers quick and fast. In the 21st century that we’re living in, there are various ointments and creams made which are ready to serve almost any sort of infection or fungal treatments. Similarly, toenail creams and ointments are readily available too.
- File your nails.
- Soak them in water.
- Rinse them off clean.
- Then dry them.
- And later apply the specific ointment or cream.
1. TRIM THE NAILS REGULARLY
Congrats! Now you’ll have a reduced pain in the nails by reducing the pressure on them. However, try to soften the nails before trimming them or using a nail file to thin the thicker edges of it. Well you can execute this though before going to bed by applying urea cream to the infected region. Later, cover them with a bandage and rinse it off clean with the help of water and soap once you wake up. Keep repeating this until you feel that your nails have softened and even safe guard the skin around your nails by applying petroleum jelly on them and you would no longer be dependent on acrylic nails.
- Keep your feet dry.
- Try to wear shoes that are loose in nature and have an open toe on a random basis.
- Pursue a healthy diet which is full of fruits and green vegetables.
- Wear those types of socks that tend to absorb sweat and avoiding wearing synthetic fiber ones.
- Keep changing your shoes from time to time.
- Avoid picking the skin around your toenails.
- Avoid using nail colors or artificial nails.
- Be sure to wash your hands nice and clean after touching an infected nail.