Did you eat something that does not agree well with your stomach? Chances are that you will develop a stomach ache.
A stomach ache is generally classified as an abdominal pain. Stomach aches occur in people of all age, size and genders. A lot of things can cause a stomach ache. There is no reason for you to worry about it, stomach aches usually stay only for a short period of time. Home remedies are quick and easy; they provide the body with only benefits and no harms.
Use any of the following home remedies to get rid of a stomach ache.
“Stomach aches can happen to anyone due to a variety of different reasons. Use any of these 15 home remedies to alleviate your stomach pain.”
15. Ginger Tea
Ginger has been used by people of all times to cure stomach aches. It helps treat indigestion and nausea along with other symptoms. Recent studies have found ginger to be successful in curing most kinds of stomach aches.
- Chop fresh ginger root.
- Use that ginger to make tea.
- Drink the warm cup of tea slowly.
Drink ginger tea daily to help cure your upset stomach.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful ingredient. It has many uses that benefit the skin, hair and health. It is widely used to treat stomach aches.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a quarter cup of water.
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Mix well and drink.
Some people use this drink to prevent stomach aches. You can adjust the amount of apple cider vinegar you use depending upon how well your stomach can handle it.
When life gives you lemons, you use them to treat your stomach ache. Lemons are easily available in the market and they are almost always present in our kitchens. You can use lemon juice to make yourself a drink that will help elevate your discomfort.
- Fill your glass with warm water.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lemon.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the drink
- Stir and sip slowly.
Drink this lemon and honey concoction to get rid of your stomach ache.
12. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea tastes great and you can use it to cure your stomach ache. You can use store bought chamomile tea bags or make your own.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Put your chamomile tea bag in the water.
- Enjoy your tea.
Three easy steps that will help treat your abdominal pain.
11. Rice Tea
Rice tea is valuable for treating stomach pains and it also helps cure diarrhea.
- Add half a cup of rice to six cups of water.
- Boil them both for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the rice and use it whichever way you want.
- Use the strained water to make your rice tea.
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoon of honey to the water.
- Mix well and drink it warm.
Bacteria present in the yogurt help in digestion; this is why many people utilize yogurt to treat their stomach pains using natural home remedies. It provides a boost to the body’s immune response. Use plain and unflavored yogurt.
You can eat plain yogurt just as it is or you can add in fruits that aid in the process of digestion.
9. Caraway Seeds
Caraway seeds work wonders for an upset stomach. They contain vitamins and minerals that help cure nausea, bloating, diarrhea and gas. This home remedy has been in use since a long time.
- After finishing your meal, take a few caraway seeds.
- You can either roast them or eat them just as they are.
- Add a little dash of salt to the roasted caraway seeds and eat.
Your stomach will start feeling better in no time at all.
“Home remedies provide numerous health benefits and contain no side effects. Here are a few that you should try if you have a stomach ache.”
Fennel helps cure various forms of stomach aches. It increases the overall process of digestion and prevents inflammation. If indigestion is the cause of your stomach ache, then you only need fennel to cure it.
You can use fennels in three different ways: in your tea, eat it raw or you can chew the fennel seeds.
Avoid the intake of fennel if you are pregnant.
7. Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon tea helps get rid of stomach aches. It is easy to make and helps to decrease the abdominal pain.
- Warm 1 cup of water in the microwave
- Place one or one and a half cinnamon in the warm water.
- Let the cinnamon sit in the water for 3 minutes.
- Drink this tea.
Your stomach ache should be visibly reduced.
6. Burned Toast
This home remedy may sound strange to you if you are reading about it for the first time; but it does work. The burned toast contains charcoal that functions to remove the toxins from your body, thus elevating all sorts of abdominal pain and discomfort.
This is probably the only time you will consciously burn your toast. The burned toast will be easier to eat if you spread a thin layer of jam over it.
Use peppermint if you are suffering from stomach aches accompanied by nausea. The menthol in the peppermint leaf helps fix your stomach and provides your body with relief.
You can either chew on the peppermint leaves or you can use it in the form of tea.
- Boil water and make tea using fresh peppermint leaves,
- Strain you tea and drink.
You can also add honey to the tea to make it taste more agreeable.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps cure an upset stomach. You can use it in a drink to give your body ease. It provides relief from nausea and other abdominal discomforts.
- Warm 1 cup of water in the microwave.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the warm water.
- Stir and drink using small sips.
3. Heating Pad
Heat helps remove discomfort and temporarily reduces the pain associated with a stomach ache. You should use a heating pad if you are suffering from a very bad stomach ache. Follow the instructions that are printed at the back of box and provide your body and mind with some relief from the pain.
If you do not have a heating pad then you can make your own.
- Choose a thick piece of cloth.
- Fold it until it is the right size for your abdomen.
- Turn on your iron and use it on the cloth.
- Turn off the iron when your piece of cloth is sufficiently warm.
- Place the warm cloth over your abdomen, on the area causing pain.
- Leave the cloth in place until it cools back down.
Your pain should be dulled or gone after the application.
2. A Good Diet
A good diet is very necessary for our body. The human body requires energy to function; this energy is obtained from the food that we eat. A car cannot function without petrol; similarly you cannot expect your body to function well without a good diet.
Your body is your vehicle; it helps you perform everyday functions. But you have to provide your body with the right kind of food. Stomach aches are mostly caused by junk foods. Increase the intake of food that will help cure your stomach ache instead of making it worse. Add apricots, raisins and cherries to your diet. Include fibers in your diet as they help in bowel movement.
Everyone needs rest, especially when they are sick.
Most of the times people keep pushing their body to perform more and more work, this makes them even sicker.
Your body needs rest to function properly. Get a good amount of sleep at night and reduce the amount of work load. Make your life easy instead of even more difficult.
Take the day off from work, and relax.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in minerals and fibers.
- Take plenty of rest.
- Consult your doctor if the pain becomes unbearable or continues on for a long time.
- Use a heating pad to elevate the pain.
- Use vinegar, yogurt, fennel or various teas to cure your stomach pain.
- Chew your food slowly and well.
- Do regular exercises.
- Do not continue eating junk food.
- Avoid foods that will make the stomach ache even worse.
- Do not overwork yourself.
- Increase the intake of water.
- Do not go to bed or lie down right after eating.
- Avoid spicy fried food.