Clogged arteries medically termed as “Atherosclerosis’, is a condition where blood vessels are congested and even blocked by several fatty plaque deposits and often there doesn’t seem to be any place left for the blood to pass by. This condition though does not show a symptom but after reaching a severe level leads to problems like heart attack and even strokes. The fatty plaque discussed above is basically cholesterol deposits that fail to leave the system and tend to stick to the walls of the arteries.
There are a number of unhealthy habits that lead to higher levels of cholesterol getting clogged into the arteries. The main and the most certain ones are, smoking, as it ruins the elasticity of the blood vessels, immensely heavy diet that includes loads of junk and sugar based foods, this is what leads to increased levels of cholesterol in the blood, uncontrolled diabetes and lack of exercise or movement. It is only due to our negligence in terms of setting up our daily routine in the best of ways that people have to silently bear so much and neither do they know what is happening within them until the bell starts ringing with such a load and disturbing noise. Other than going for a complete lifestyle change altogether one can begin from taking baby steps towards a better living. We have compiled this article with the best of foods that can help you stay fit and active, always free of the burden of having to suffer from any Coronary Vascular Disease (CDV).
The criterion of having a better lifestyle is to get the system clean on a daily basis. This has to be a routine where the body should be full of fiber in order to cut out any unnecessary cravings from the line and has enough energy to get done with the day’s work. Vegetables are often not the favorite of a lot of people but to get the life on tract you need to change your favorites to a whole new direction.
- Asparagus is the vegetable found to be rich in minerals and tons of vitamins.
- The fiber rich vegetable is known to keep you fuller for a longer period of time and the fiber also help cleanse the toxins out of the body.
- The vitamins present in Asparagus are Vitamin C, K, E, B1 and B2.
- It is suggested to have raw steamed asparagus for optimum benefits.
Yes you do need to have a check and balance if you are watching your weight but Avocado is one fruit that is a hundred times better in providing you with proteins and fiber than any other thing.
- Avocado is a fruit rich in fiber and works to potentially decrease high cholesterol levels from the blood stream.
- It also helps prevent high blood pressure.
- After a healthy consumption of the fruit it was found that it helped get rid of about 22% of unhealthy cholesterol from the blood with an 11% increase of the healthy HDL cholesterol.
- It would be a good thing adding it to your salads and sandwiches to not only enhance the taste but to support a healthy life style.
It is a smelly vegetable but the benefits that come under this tiny clove is unnumbered and you may find it easy to sideways the smelliness and go for the health benefits instead, because this tiny little thing is researched to do wonders by naturally widening your blood vessels, directing to better and smoother blood flow.
- This tiny little clove of garlic has been found to have the power to relax your blood vessels to a staggering range of 72 percent.
- Imagine what it does to control your blood pressure, better widened arteries means greater flow of blood and lower blood pressure.
- Add garlic to your daily diet by adding about 2-3 chopped garlic cloves to a cup of milk and bring it to boil. You can then cool it down and consume it before going to bed.
Turmeric is the known therapeutic spice from centuries. Herbalists have been using this to soothe pain, stop blood flowing from a wound and even to strengthen the immunity of a disease stricken person. The spice is build up with a magical cluster of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that work to lower down the risk of accumulating fatty plaque in the arteries.
- Antioxidants work to reduce the amount of unwanted free radicals from the blood.
- It relaxes the blood vessels reducing the overall chances of having heart attack or stroke.
- Consume turmeric by adding a quarter teaspoon of the spice to a glass of warm milk and drink it before going to bed.
- You can also make a routine to use turmeric spice as a part of your routine cooking.
11. Cayenne Pepper
The sound of using it to save the arteries seems a bit obscure but sometimes opposites unite for the betterment. Cayenne pepper is rich in the compound capsaicin which fights against the accumulation of LDL and thus increases the chances of removal of fatty plaque from the arteries.
- The best remedy is to add a half or a full teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a whole cup of warm water and consume it twice a day for a few days.
- Never opt for taking additional supplements without the Doctor’s consent, and consultation.
10. Coconut Oil
Oil can definitely help you get rid of fats from blocked arteries but the condition is that you consume it in the healthiest form with a routine lifestyle included of workout and exercise. Coconut oil is the finest of oils that breaks the myth of saturated fats only adding up to the body’s burden. A healthy consumption of the oil reduces the fattiness found in the blood in to a format that can work best to boost overall energy of the body.
- Make sure you substitute your regular oil with the use of organic coconut oil.
- You can do your routine cooking in this oil but make sure to not exceed the healthy amount of oil that is required.
- Some people also add up a teaspoon of melted coconut oil to a warm glass of milk for extra fiber and energy.
Just like a cigarette, coffee too is bad for your health; I guess it is high time we should be getting rid of this myth. The levels of nicotine found in both the substances is completely different and the effect that it has on to the body is also rather in a whole different dimension.
- The key with coffee is the ratio of its consumption. If you can balance it somewhere between 8oz to 16oz then you are good to go.
- Caffeine is energy stimulant which causes an increased heart rate with higher blood pressure.
- If you are always in an energy rush under the influence of extraordinary consumption of coffee, things won’t work out for the best.
The tangy citric lemon is full of Vitamin C and antioxidants that fight against all kinds of free radicals known to tarnish the healthy working of the body. The powerful antioxidant property helps the body by reducing the blood pressure and help get rid of inflammation of arteries. Lemon is also known to prevent any kind of damage brought to the arteries due to unnecessary oxidation.
- Begin your day with a glass of warm water with half a lemon squeezed into it and raw honey to taste.
- You can also use lemon peels as a good source of vitamin C, by boiling about a tablespoon full of lemon skin in 4 cups of water for half an hour. Cool it down and keep on drinking this for a couple of weeks.
Known as the fruit from the heaven, pomegranate is filled with seeds of freshness, taste and vitality. Pomegranate is a fruit found to be rich in antioxidants and hence like other fruits and vegetables it helps lower down the blood pressure and reduces signs of plaque from clogged arteries.
- It is easy to find fresh pomegranates from any store that you usually shop from.
- Add in a pomegranate to your daily diet for a healthier body and fresh skin.
- For juice lovers a glass of freshly squeezed pomegranate juice would do the same.
6. Fatty Fish
Seafood hardly disappoints anyone with its richness and aroma. However, there’s always a room to build a rule for consumption. If you are consuming seafood dipped in high ratio of oil, for instance, deep fried prawns or even batter or crumb fried fish than we won’t be happy to suggest you adding up on anymore seafood than the usual. Your ideal should be to consume the healthier fats already present in the fish rather than frying and over killing it.
- Fresh water fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines and tuna are what are high in terms of good fatty acids that will regulate the ratio of good and bad cholesterol in the blood stream.
- These fish are also high in energy levels to boost your abilities to operate.
- A good and balanced diet should include a healthy steamed or roasted dish of seafood preferably these cold water fish.
5. Green Tea
This drink is known to be the best remedy to get rid of all kinds of toxins from the body. A single cup of this tea contains a rich concentration of antioxidants that capture those nasty free radicals and helps them in getting flushed out from the body. The drink is also rich in plant phenols that help hindering absorption of unnecessary cholesterol thus saving up those arteries from unwanted filth.
- Green tea is a great a metabolism booster that helps you boost up your weight loss.
- Weight loss also indicates a good cardiovascular health.
- Go for a good cup of green tea early in the morning for that fresh boost of energy.
Most of you might be thinking that nuts cannot be the right thing in this list. However, the truth about nuts is that these babies are rich in monounsaturated fats and good fibers. Nuts like Almond and Walnuts are one of the great snack time foods that not only help clear arteries from unnecessary plaque but also help boost your mental health.
- The technique is to never exceed a quantity of almost a fistful of nuts.
- If we are allowing you to munch on some nuts it doesn’t mean that you are going after clearing jars filled with nuts in a day.
- A healthy snack includes about 4-5 almonds and the same amount of walnuts.
3. Orange Juice
Juiciest of all the fruits, orange juice rich with pulp filled fruit is actually really beneficial for the body and steady flow of blood from the arteries. Oranges are jam packed with Vitamin C and have a great ratio of antioxidants that reduce harmful oxidation of blood and lower blood pressure. When there’s lesser strain on the blood vessels there will be more of a steady flow rate.
- There are so many healthy breakfast options however, we still find people to be confused about what to eat almost every day.
- Just a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice is enough to keep you energized for a good 3-4 hours.
The gift of summer and a bomb loaded with more than 75% water is what makes watermelon the ultimate surprise of the vacations. This fruit is an instant love for an individual belonging to any age group. Just like oranges and pomegranates, watermelons too are rich in antioxidants that help regulate a steady blood pressure. Along with that it contains L-citrulline an amino acid that helps to keep the blood stream within the arteries free of any harmful fat content.
- Devouring a good serving of watermelon right after the workout will boost up your energy levels.
- It will also transform the needed glucose from the fruit directly to the blood cells.
1. Whole Grains
We have been doing our food planning all wrong, we have preferred the whites over the real whole grain alternatives for decades and now it is being slowly accepted globally that white and processed grains are inflicting far more harmful effects on the body than any other junk food. Whole grains are known to be raw thus tend to provide far beneficial effects to the body as compared to the already processed white breads and rice.
- Substitute your whites with alternatives like wholegrain rice, bread, oatmeal, pasta and quinoa.
- You will feel fuller and much more energized as compared to when you topped over with the processed whites.
- Quit smoking as quickly as you can.
- Plan out your workout regime a week prior. Try not to skip out on your own plans.
- Limit your intake of junk food and red meat.
- Try and reduce the amount of stress from your life. Meditate whenever you get time of your own.
- Better to snack on some nuts and fruits rather than packed chips and biscuits.
- Include olive oil and coconut oil in your daily diet and use small amounts of these while cooking your daily meal.
- Prefer whole grain foods over processed white alternatives.
- Go for a freshly squeezed juice in the morning for a greater energy boost as compared to coffee and tea.