Minor burns are although small but they can create a big problem and pain intensely. Minor burns happens mostly in the kitchen when someone unconsciously touch the metal rod in the oven, firing up of the stove, accidents while using an electric or oil heater, touching any coverless wire or an iron, getting in touch of a match stick with kerosene oil etc.
There are various home remedies for minor burns but they all are according to the type of burn, as if burn happened due to fire or due to very hot water, tea or coffee and that one which happened because of any chemical reaction. This can change into a severe problem if not treated well and immediate especially in the summer days due to hot temperature. Minor burns results into many issues even some problems can be long lasting such as
- Any burn can give deep pain and the skin will become red, looking very bad.
- The skin tone will change into light black if the burn is not treated well, this will affect one’s life badly especially for a girl if she want to wear sleeveless dress and the burn has happened on her hand.
- The place, which burned, will become very itching for a period.
- Bubbles filled with a substance will occur if the injury happened due to warm water or any other liquid.
Some of the best home remedies for minor burns are here
Mustard is a proven fast remedy for burn injuries, which happens due to touching something very hot, or burn happened due to fire. It works best in the situation where medical assistance is not available. The very good thing about it is that it can be found easily in the kitchen or can be bought from any nearest shop or market. It not only cures the burn but also does not affect the skin color or tone. Its procedure is as follows:
- Remove the cloth or jewelry if there are before applying any remedy otherwise it will stick to it and can increase the pain.
- Take the YELLOW mustard and remember to keep it cold.
- Apply it on the affected area smoothly and in such a way, that touching should not disturb the skin because due to the burn skins become very thin, soft and light.
- Now cover it with a very thin, cotton or transparent bandage, which can be easily available at any medial store or at home.
- Leave it for some hours without disturbance for example until morning if it happened at night.
Honey has been working as a natural remedy for much health issue from skin problems to internal ones. For minor burns, it works and helps the skin to reform as it is a smooth substance and will not produce the burning hence reducing the pain and itching.
- It is an antiseptic, which will prevent the affected skin area from external germs, and it is necessary because due to burn injury the skin will become very sensitive.
- It has the healing power, which will deduct the pain quickly and give relaxation to the affected area.
- Apply honey on the injury before any other treatment.
- Take the Raw honey, which has more curing powers.
Vinegar has a hidden healing power and has been used for a quick relief widely. It is a curing home remedy present in every kitchen.
- Take some vinegar in a bowl but it must be diluted one.
- Make a ball using soft and clean cotton.
- Dip the cotton ball in the vinegar.
- Gently apply it on the burned area.
- After some time change the cotton ball and again do the same process.
- Apple cider vinegar can also be used as an alternative.
12. Coconut Oil And Lemon
Both the coconut oil and lemon has naturally curing abilities good for external usage as well as internal. The antibacterial fatty acids of coconut will prevent the skin from infections. It is useful even after the treatment of the burned area if it has left the traces and has discolored the skin. For this following procedure should be used:
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Take some coconut oil in a container.
- It should be pure.
- Take a lemon and squeeze it into the oil. For this fresh lemon will work better.
- Mix the ingredients very well.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- This will cure the burn fast.
11. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is the most using natural home remedy. Its consist of such elements which works as the building blocks for the external parts of the body such as nails, hairs and skin so that it is the most using ingredient in making of shampoo and other hair products. Thus, it is good for skin also.
- Applying aloe Vera will help in regeneration and reformation of the new skin on the affected area.
- It can be applied in any form or using any method.
- It will stop the pain quickly.
- It will prevent the skin of the burned area from the formation of bristles.
- It cures the inflammation and itching.
10. Use Of Toothpaste
The easily available toothpaste in the market will work as a medical item for the treatment of burn injuries like sudden touching anything very hot such as stove or metal and it can easily cure the injury happened due to a warm liquid. Toothpaste is widely made up of such natural ingredients, which are remedies themselves and are used in the manufacturing of many herbal medicines.
- Use of toothpaste, which includes the MINT because mint has the main power of healing.
- It will refresh the affected area and prevent the skin from inflammation.
- It will let the skin to regenerate naturally.
- It will finish the pain easily.
9. Mixture Of Oils And Vitamins
Here is a well-known home remedy, which is very effective as it contains more one item. For this, you will have to make a simple mixture of all the ingredients as follows:
- Take some aloe Vera gel in a container.
- Add some drops of lavender oil and mix them.
- Now add vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Mix all of them until it become a paste.
- Apply the paste onto burned area.
The antibacterial properties of the lavender oil will prevent the skin from infections. According to many reports, only a little lavender oil will totally treat the burn injury. It will prevent the skin from discoloring. After the use of this paste, there will not be any kind of trace or a scare on the skin. It will make it as it was before the injury.
8. Salty Water
Minor injuries can happen to any part of the body for example on the tongue due to eating or drinking something very hot. In this case, below method can be very useful. These ingredients are the common materials found in a home. In addition, it does not take too much time to make and use.
- Take 8 ounces of water in a cup.
- Put salt, which should not be more than half of a teaspoon.
- Shake and make salty water until the salt dissolve in it.
- Rinse the mouth with this solution.
- Repeat it after every hour or according to the need.
7. Vanilla Extraction
Vanilla contains alcohol, which is the best remedy for the pain of any type. It finishes the feelings of pain and it has been used to cure various types of injuries. The alcohol has naturally ability of evaporation, which works for the burned skin as this evaporation produces cooling effect, which will decrease the temperature of the hot-burned area healing the pain. The process of using vanilla for the treatment of minor burns is here:
- Take liquid vanilla in a bowl, as the liquid one is easy to use and is effective.
- Now take a piece of cotton and dip it into the liquid vanilla extract until it absorbs some of it.
- Now apply it on the burned skin.
6. Use Of Milk
Milk is not only protein rich beneficial for lighting of the skin tone but it but also it promotes the natural healing power of the body itself. It works for the hydration of the skin preventing it from rise of further issue especially the surrounding of the burn-affected area. For this, use it in the following way:
- Take the pure milk in a bowl, if it is the goat milk than it will be a plus point as it contains more natural elements in it.
- Put it on the affected area with a spoon and leave it for around 15 minutes.
- Fresh yogurt can also be used as an alternative of the milk, which contains cooling power.
Use of baking soda as a relief remedy for the burn injury is a widely used method. It contains bicarbonate, which is an anti-inflammation and is best remedy for burn treatment. The best method of using baking soda for this purpose is as under:
- Take any spray bottle and clean it well, it should not contain impurities.
- Put normal water neither too much cold nor hot.
- Put a quarter of a cup of baking soda into it and shake well so that the whole baking soda dissolves in the water.
- Now sprinkle it slowly on the burned skin.
- It will heal all the pain.
4. Use Of Oat
Oats has the natural soothing elements and used by many people. It is best especially when the skin becomes very disturbing which tends to scratch it. It works against the irritation. For this, you will have to make a mixture of oats. Its procedure is here:
- Take some water in a bowl.
- Add some amount of oats into it and make a mixture.
- Now apply this remedy to the affected area.
- Now keep the skin in open fresh air so that the oats mixture will become dry.
- A thin layer of dried oats will occur on the applied area.
3. Vitamin E Capsule
Vitamin E is a main element essential for the rebuilding of the new skin. It is very effective in the treatment of minor burn injuries. Although it can be used in different ways like eating food rich with vitamin E or adding it to some other remedies as described above but it can be used as the mentioned below.
- Take some vitamin E capsule, which can be easily availing, from any medical store.
- Break it and simply pour the powdered form of the vitamin E onto the burned surface.
- Let it to work by its own.
Plantain is a weed like herb found in the whole world especially in the area where there is plenty of water. It has been used for different curing purposes for many years by different methods. It contains au Cubin and tannins. This will perform more than one action at a time during the treatment of a burn injury such as treating the inflammation and working against the foreign particles and microorganisms, which can create infection to the sensitive burned skin. It should be used in the following manner.
- Take some plantain leaves and wash them very carefully and softly so that its internal pigments should not be wasted and affected.
- Now crush them all.
- After that squeeze them onto the burned surface of the body and let it work.
Use of onion in pain relief is not a new method. Many people in treating small burn injuries at home have used it. This not only reduces the pain but also prevents the skin from changing it color. For this you will do:
- Peel off the onion first.
- Cut and take it in the form of square or long pieces according to the need and put it on the burned skin.
- As an alternative of the onion banana peels can also be used in the same way.
For minor burn injuries, home remedies had been working for treatment. There are various herbs, which work against the pain and inflammation curing the burn area. One should keep in mind that what remedy has been taken and if it does not work than the doctor should be consulted.
Also one should take the remedy according to his or her skin type as many people has the very sensitive skin and can be side effected from any natural home remedy.
- Kitchen is the most harmful area in the home and is famous for the burn accidents, which are why one should take care during the work in it. One should not be unconscious in it and should take care with the gas and the oven etc.
- All the electric wires in the home should be properly covered by their rubber outlet and there should be safety plugs to avoid the firing accidents caused by electricity.
- On should keep an anti-firing agent or a fire extinguisher in home.
- Do not let the children to be in the kitchen especially alone and do not let them to touch the electric wires.
- Do not keep the fire-catching agents such as kerosene oil near stove.
- Do not use more than one remedy at a time as this can have side effects.
Hopefully this article would have brought you the required awareness that you were looking for. It is not only restricted to mothers working in the kitchen but also to children, fathers and other members of the family. Burns occur accidently; nobody envisages its occurrence. However, the emergency materials could be prepared in advance to ensure that one is fully equipped at the time of accident.
Burns – whether minor or serious should be given immediate and prompt attention to ensure that skin cells are not damaged largely and that any other associated affects are taken under consideration to prevent complications.
By following the simple home remedies as stated above, one can tackle with the everyday burns that mothers usually experience while cooking food in the kitchen. It may be due to splattering of oil in the pan or when a pan is accidently touched while it’s hot. The list of how a burn can occur can go on and on. However, a few approaches can successfully help you out with a burn. You would be preparing yourself in advance by keeping the required remedial materials in your kitchen drawer in case a superficial burn occurred in the kitchen. Instant action is required to minimize redness, inflammation, pain and peeling skin. Instant relief would be attained and you would not be worried by the physical impact that a burn leaves behind – because that is minimized largely also.
One important element is to remain calm under the circumstance of a burn occurrence but prompt action is also a necessity. Children should also be taught about the remedial approaches and places where the required materials are kept. This is important to ensure that they can independently tackle the situation with minimum time loss before the arrival of an adult who can then take corrective measures.
I am certain that many new things came into your knowledge after reading this article. You can also note these down, in case you forget them at the time of emergency. You can even jot down the points and stick it to the refrigerator door so that everyone can avail this service in times of need.
It is essential to follow the instructions precisely. Do not exceed any amount. Excess quantity can bring more harm than good. In case the burn is really bad, consult a doctor immediately. The longer one waits, the worse the situation gets. It is essential to keep in mind to never put ice on top of burns. This is because such an extreme temperature restricts blood flow to the tissue, posing greater harm. Also, never use cotton as it can stick to the scalp and increase chances of infection that could further complicate the existing situation.
Hence, this article brings you a complete set of measures and techniques to be opted in case of a burn. After reading this, you would be a little bit more confident in tackling with such a situation.