Smooth skin can be attained by numerous remedies that can be practiced. People in Japan and Lebanon have smoother skins than in any other part of the world. There are certain beauty regimens which are regularly tried and practiced by Lebanese and Japanese women. There are certain changes which every woman must bring to her lifestyle which will ensure smooth and flawless skin. Women around the world should also take care of their diet and water intake for smooth skin.
“Smooth and fair skin is a dream of every girl out there. Instead of spending large amounts of money on cosmetics and skin perfectors, it is better to try home remedies which work for you.”
There are certain masks which can help improve the texture of the skin and make it smooth and beautiful:
15. Chickpea Mask
Chick pea mask has many regenerative proteins which help in growth of new skin and taking off the old skin.
- Boil some chick peas or take the boiled chickpeas from the can. Make sure the can ones are free of sugar syrup.
- Mash them with a spoon. Make into a smooth paste.
- Add half a teaspoon of raw honey to the paste.
- Next add half a tablespoon of milk.
- Mix it well.
- Apply the paste to the face and neck.
- Wash after thirty minutes.
This mask will make your skin soft and smooth from the first application. Apply it once a week to get rid of brown age spots and scars. It also removes acne and pimples.
14. Turmeric And Basin
Turmeric has anti inflammatory and healing properties. Basin is a powder formed ingredient which is a grinded lentil. Basin is very good for smoothening texture of the skin and making the skin free of acne and any other ailment. Basin helps to heal the skin as well and removes scars and any marks on the skin. Basin also helps in healing the freckles.
- Take one tablespoon of basin.
- Add a pinch of turmeric.
- Make a thick paste by adding water drop by drop.
- Mix it well.
- Apply on the skin for ten to fifteen minutes.
The turmeric mask may stain the skin yellow, but do not worry, the stain will go itself in a few hours. Apply this mask at night and after washing the mask after fifteen minutes, go to sleep. There will be fresh skin till morning without any stains.
13. Berries And Yogurt Mask
Fresh berries contain antioxidants which help to keep skin young and smooth. They contain Vitamin C which rejuvenates the skin and makes it smooth.
- Grind the berries in the yogurt. Add a teaspoon of honey
- Apply the mask on the face and neck
- Leave on the skin for half an hour
This may cause a little tingling affect on the skin or a little irritation because of the Vitamin C in the mask. But believe me that if you tolerate this little inconvenience, you will get results which were worth tolerating.
“Home remedies can be inexpensive and healthy as they are all natural. The nature plays a good part in healing the skin. There are no side effects of home remedies as well.”
12. Orange Peel Face Mask
Oranges are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants. This mask will keep the skin fresh and young. It will smooth the skin.
- Take the peels of an orange.
- Dry them in sunlight or by keeping them in a dry place for two to three days.
- After they are completely dried, they will become stiff
- Grind them in a grinder to powder form
- Add half teaspoon rosewater to half a tablespoon of powdered peels.
- Apply on the skin of the face and neck.
- Wash face after fifteen minutes
This will add an instant glow to your skin as well as heal the skin of any external or internal damage that has taken place.
11. Baking Soda And Grapefruit Mask
- Add a pinch of baking soda to half a tablespoon of grapefruit juice.
- Apply this mixture on the skin.
This mixture will make the skin smooth and will help get rid of the black and white heads.
10. Oatmeal Exfoliating Mask
Oatmeal has antioxidants and help to rejuvenate the skin. It has exfoliating properties which help to get clean pores and clear and smooth skin.
9. Honey Mask
Honey is natural humectant that is really beneficial for your skin health. It helps in reducing puffiness and inflammation. It promotes the growth of new skin and makes the skin smooth and healthy.
- Take a teaspoon of honey and mix it with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this on the skin every other day to see considerable results.
8. Make A Night Cream For Yourself
Night creams are rich in nutrients and they cause perfect rejuvenation of skin during the night. During the night when the body sleeps, the rejuvenation process doubles and the skin undergoes new cells’ growth and shedding of dead skin.
- Take a tablespoon of beeswax and melt it in a pan.
- Add coconut milk, Vitamin E capsule oil (ruptured and oil extracted), Olive oil and shea butter.
- Turn the flame off and let the mixture cool.
- Store this cream in a glass container.
- Apply a generous amount on your face, neck and hands daily before going to bed.
- Wash face with tepid water in the morning.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has healing and conditioning properties. It adds the glow and smoothness to the skin.
- Peel the leaf of Aloe Vera.
- Extract the gel from the leaf.
- Apply the gel on the skin of face and neck.
- Let it dry
- The skin will become stiff. Wash with water and dry.
6. Potato Juice
Potato is just another vegetable used in our kitchen. It has a great amount of iron and Vitamins. Extract the juice of a potato from a juicer. Apply directly on the skin. The first application will leave the skin smooth and soft.
Potato is one of the most commonly found items in the pantry. Kids love potatoes and so do adults. There is no living soul that would say no to a bowl of chips or fries or even mashed potatoes. But that’s just food we are talking about. There are many benefits of potatoes for the skin. Loaded with iron and vitamins, potato juice becomes a great mask for the skin.
- Use a potato and start grating it the resulting juice can then be extracted from a strainer. Or you can simply add a potato in the juicer and extract the juice from it.
- Apply the juice steadily on the face completely and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- After washing off, you can really judge the smoothness of the skin.
5. Apple juice
Extract the juice of an apple. Drink more than half of it and leave a tablespoon in the glass. Apply this juice on the face and neck and wait for the miracle to happen.
An apple a day keeps the doctor that’s really true and having an apple as a skin regime is even better. Apples are also iron rich and hence provide a smooth texture to the skin after the first use.
- The way to use and apply apples to freshen up the face is very easy.
- Extract the juice of an apple from a juicer and gently apply it on to the skin.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and wash it with warm water
- The smoothness will be visible after first use.
4. Rice Water
Rice Water has been used in Japan for centuries to treat skin and hair problems. Boil the rice in water. Strain the water in a glass. Use this ater as a toner to wash your face or after washing the face.
This might sound more like an odd treatment but Japanese have been using this treatment for a long while now and have been the bearers of flawless skin for ages. Rice water is basically a starchy extract and once dried the mask is set to peel off like a face mask.
- Boil a handful of rice and extract the water afterwards.
- Apply this water on to the skin and let is settle for a good while.
- Take off the pack from the skin and wash your face.
- This can also be used a skin toner pre or post face wash.
3. Cinnamon And Honey
Cinnamon is also known for its anti inflammatory properties. It reduces the blotches in the skin and makes the complexion smooth and fair. Take half a teaspoon of honey and cinnamon. Mix it well. Apply on the face and neck. This is a hard mask and may not show good results on sensitive skin. People with sensitive skin should avoid this mask. Wash after twenty minutes.
There are a number of benefits for both Cinnamon and honey. Cinnamon holds the bar for being a great anti-inflammatory agent and honey is known to soothe the skin. Cinnamon also helps to reduce any unnecessary and annoying blotches from the skin and even out the skin tone.
- The consistency of this mask is quite thick.
- Add a small amount of cinnamon to about a tablespoon of honey and mix well.
- Gently apply this mask on to the skin and let it dry or harden after a while.
- Gently wash the face and feel the difference.
- Sensitive skin might not feel the difference and are rather recommended to avoid this remedy.
2. Green Tea
Whenever you make green tea, spare a little for your skin regimen. Apply some green tea before going out in the sun. This will protect you from ultra Violet rays and will make your skin smoother and much beautiful. Now there is no need of spending bucks on sunscreens and expensive lotions. Green tea is also full of antioxidants which keep the skin young.
For those who believe in the power of detoxification will hands down understand why and how green tea is good for the skin. Each day the body produces a number of harmful toxins in the body witch need to be cleared out. If not, they affect the skin and the body.
- Make it a habit to have at least a cup of green tea in a day.
- With this also make sure to increase your daily water intake to double. So that water aids in flushing out the toxins successfully.
1. Cucumber Mask
Cucumber has a lot of water content and vitamins which are very good for the skin texture.
- Add cucumber in a blender and add one teaspoon honey.
- Blend it into a paste.
- Apply this on the face and neck for half an hour and wash with cold water.
This mask will also shrink the pores of the skin and prevent any harmful external factors to affect the skin.
Cucumber makes a great ingredient for a face mask. It is rich in water and the extra water content rehydrates your face and skin. Hence putting up cucumber slices on the eyes helps reduce dark under eye circles.
- Take a small chunk of cucumber and add it in the blender. Add in a teaspoonful of honey and mix it well.
- Apply this mask on the skin and rest for a while. Wash it with warm water or a wet towel.
- This mask provides instant hydration and smoothness to the skin.
- If you have chosen a beauty remedy, practice it every other day.
- If you have chosen more than one remedy, try every remedy on alternative days.
- Keep consistency when practicing a remedy and practice it for at least a week to see noticeable results.
- Do not overdo a treatment as this may affect the skin badly.
- When doing the Cinnamon Beauty treatment, do a patch test. This is to ensure that the mask does not act that hard on your skin as its nature is hard and is not meant for sensitive skins.
- Don’t go out in the sun after berries and yoghurt mask or any mask containing orange or lemon. It is better to apply these masks in the night time. And wash them before going to sleep.