Herpes, genital herpes or rather Herpes Simplex according to the medical-dictionary is an infection caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV), which has an affinity for the skin and nervous system and usually produces small, transient irritating, and sometimes painful fluid-filled blisters on the skin and mucous membranes.
Sounds painful, no? These viruses can either enter your body from physical contact (oral, anal or through sexual contact) or from sharing personal items with the infected person. Skin contact is not the only reason for these blisters from hell to inhibit your skin; exposure to sunlight (UV rays), illness, fatigue, stress and menstruation can also cause an outbreak of herpes. Also, herpes virus can transfer to a new born baby from the mother from birth.
The main herpes symptoms are:
- Urinal discomfort
- Blisters on female cervix and around hips, thighs, rectum and genitals of both men and women.
Thankfully, quite a few home remedies exist to put you out of this infernal misery caused by herpes simplex.
“15 SLOW YET EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES FOR HERPES WHICH CAN BE CARRIED OUT VERY CONVENIENTLY. TRY OUT THESE HOME REMEDIES TO TREAT HERPES BY ALL-NATURAL MEANS.”
15. EPSOM SALT
Epsom salt or rather magnesium sulfate is one of the best herpes cure. It has been known for ages to sooth pain and sores, both internal and external, and that is what it does for herpes.
- Add Epsom salt in warm water and bath from it, this soothes the body aches.
- Add Epsom salt to bath tub and soak the infected areas and allow it to dry, and then wash it away.
14. TEA BAGS
Black tea contains acid called tannin, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. The anti-inflammatory properties of these tea bags are what we can make good use of to soothe both genital herpes and oral herpes.
- Soak a tea bag in warm water then place it over the affected area.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day.
13. TEA TREE OIL
Tea tree oil holds chemicals that can kill bacteria and fungus, thus reducing the allergic skin reactions. It will prevent it from further spreading to the other parts of our body and getting worse. Tea tree oil has a menthol-effect to it which will also help in soothing the pain and/or irritation in genital herpes.
Quick link = How to get rid of toenail fungus
- Add a tea spoon of tea tree oil in a cup of water and gargle, for oral herpes.
- For herpes on any other part of the body, take a few drops from a dropper and apply to the affected area.
- You can also prepare a tea tree oil astringent spray by adding two tablespoons of tea tree oil to one cup of distilled water. Spray the astringent on the affected area as frequently as you want.
12. LEMON BALM
Sore blisters are known are the main herpes symptoms. Lemon balm is not a balm made up of lemon; it is basically an herb that has flavonoids and phenolic acid, which helps to heal sore blisters. This herb also has some pain soothing properties in it.
- Add 2-3 ml of lemon balm tincture into water and drink this.
- Prepare lemon balm tea, let it seep for a while then with a cotton ball, dab the affected areas with the tea.
- Apply lemon balm extract externally to soothe the blisters.
11. ICE PACK
The best way to soothe those angry blisters is to put an ice pack on them. It will immediately make you feel much better than before. The cooling effect really helps a lot with the irritations. This is how you can use this herpes cure effectively.
- Fill a plastic bag with crushed ice, wrap it with a cloth and put it on the affected area to sooth the swelling.
- You can do this twice or even thrice a day.
10. BAKING SODA
Baking soda is a drying agent for herpes and probably the most effective treatment. It helps in soothing those angry little things to a much tolerable level. It will work slowly but it will be effective.
- Always clean the affected area first with an antibacterial ointment followed with water.
- Dab the affected area with a cotton ball soaked in baking powder for instant drying of the oozing blisters.
- You will have to be patient to see the results. Really works well especially in oral herpes.
“TREAT HERPES WITH THESE HOME REMEDIES AT THE CONVENIENCE OF HOME. ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR FOR A MEDICAL CONDITION. 15 SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES TO TREAT HERPES. SAY GOODBYE TO HERPES WITH THESE HOME REMEDIES.”
9. OLIVE OIL
Rich in anti-oxidants, Olive oil has amazing health benefits and It is also popular for moisturizing skin. According to some expert it is very effective treatment for herpes simplex. Skin problems bring along an over drying feeling with them, olive oil will prevent it from over drying. Prepare a balm for the affected area;
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add lavender oil and bees wax, let it cool and apply to the affected area.
- Do this at least twice a day to get results.
8. ALOE VERA GEL
Insanely popular for its use in treating diseases related to skin. Aloe Vera helps in skin re-growth by increasing the blood circulation around the area and promotes cell growth. It also prevents cell death and very effective in providing relief in both genital herpes and oral herpes.
- Pure Aloe Vera gel can be bought from the market and applied to the affected area.
- Slice an aloe Vera leaf in half; apply the gel part to the affected area directly.
Cornstarch, which is popular for its use to cure nappy rash, is also one of the best remedies for herpes. It absorbs the excessive moisture from the skin and reduces the itching and roughness.
- Clean the affected area.
- Apply cornstarch directly to the affected area.
Lysine is an amino acid which is found in proteins of foods such as cheese, meat, milk and beans. It is known for reducing the outbreak of herpes by countering herpes simplex attack.
- Lysine cream is available in the market in its active form and can be applied directly to the affected area.
- You can eat these foods to fetch it too; however the response will be slower.
5. BLACK COFFEE
Black coffee is recommended for oral herpes, genital herpes and herpes on any other area of the body. And who doesn’t love having coffee? Treat yourself with coffee and treat your herpes too.
- For oral herpes: brew a very strong coffee, and let it cool, then take a sip and gently swirl the liquid around your mouth. This can be done 2-3 times a day.
- For herpes on any other body part: brew coffee and then strain it, the residue is what you will need, apply it to the affected area.
4. SOAP AND WARM WATER
One of the best herpes cure is simply keeping the infected area clean. It is best to keep the affected area clean, so that the infection doesn’t spread to other body parts, the best way is to warm water, and add soap to it, then dab a towel in the water and clean the affected area. The warn water will help soothe the sores and the soap can ward off any further potential bacteria.
Garlic is full of antifungal, anti- inflammatory properties. That is why it is popular cure for fungal and bacterial infections. It is especially effective in treating oral herpes.
- Directly apply a garlic clove to the affected area.
- For more affective cure, grind a garlic clove and add a few drops of, lemon juice to it and make a paste. Apply to the affected area 2-3 times a day. The added benefit of lemon makes the sores disappear faster.
2. MANUKA HONEY
Manuka Honey is produced in New Zealand and Australia and is made from the Manuka tree. It is known for many herbal remedies and also includes the cure for herpes due to its anti-viral and anti-bacterial which help fight off viruses. Manuka honey is known to work well against herpes simplex virus.
- Directly apply Manuka Honey to the sores to help reduce inflammation and provide relief.
- Eating it to aid digestion can also help you get relieve faster since it will assist in blood circulation and therefore help you heal faster.
- Have it with a glass of warm water in the morning.
Calendula or more commonly known flower called marigold if popular for anti-inflammatory properties, helps herpes as well. It’s an effective herpes cure that provides instant relief.
- Make calendula oil at home by pouring warm olive oil over calendula leaves, cover and let it stand for a few days, when the infusion is complete, you can use this oil for the affected area, and any other skin related problems as well.
- Over the counter calendula tincture is also available that can be directly applied to the affected area or a few drops added in a tablespoon of water and drunk helps boost the immune system.
OLWOMEN THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Use warm water at a temperature tolerable for your skin. You do not want to burn it and make it worse.
- Always try to keep the affected area clean. Do not let it be a breeding ground for the bacteria.
- It is good to opt for natural cures over medicines but it is good to consult your doctor for medical conditions.
- Remedies like application of corn starch and Aloe Vera gel make it heal gradually.
- Do what your doctor says and use these remedies alongside to double the effect.