It is said that half beauty of a women lies in her hair but, nowadays hair loss and hair thinning is a very common issue. Hair loss can affect both men and women.Thinning hair often occurs due to aging and genetics factors but other reasons include poor diet, pollution, stress and hormonal imbalances.To have a good volume of hair you can go through several remedies for promoting hair growth. Instead of wasting a lot of money for expensive clinical treatments, one can get benefits from these effective remedies. Healthy hair not only gives you beautiful look but also boost your confidence. To prevent hair loss and hair thinning, you can treat your hair by using simple herbs, fruits and veggies. Few effective remedies are discussed here.
“Change the way you treat your hair and follow these natural remedies to get thicker, shinier and gorgeous hair.”
Learn how to get thicker hair using only eggs from your pantry. Egg is the best and the cheapest source of providing proteins to your hair. This DIY remedy has been in practice for ages. Proteins from egg yolk nourish your scalp which ultimately leads to hair strengthening. Strong hair are less prone to damage and thinning. Protein treatment is very essential to make hair grow thicker and stronger.
- Take 1 or 2 well beaten eggs in a bowl and simply apply this mixture on your wet hair and scalp, leave it on for about half an hour and then rinse off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
- Also you can mix 1 or 2 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and 2 tablespoon of yogurt and apply it on hair for 15 to 20 minutes then wash it off.
15. Aloe Vera
If you’ve Aloe Vera in your garden and you’re still looking for ways about ho to make hair thicker, you’re missing a great deal. Aloe Vera is considered best not only for your skin but it is also used as a remedy for hair problem. Aloe Vera is one of the ingredients used in many hair care products. Its gel provides lustrous shine and adds noticeable thickness to your hairs. It can be used in different ways.
- Leave the gel on the scalp for half an hour. Thoroughly wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Add two teaspoons of coconut milk in a bowl containing freshly obtained Aloe Vera gel and apply it to your scalp. After half an hour wash off your hair.
- Take one table spoon of Aloe Vera juice daily before breakfast improves your hair growth and health.
- You can also mix gel with little amount of brandy and an egg to get thicker hair. Repeat this process twice a week.
This nutrient rich vegetable is another ingredient that increase hair growth. Vitamin E present in this fruit also contributes for overall health of hair. After this avocado treatment, you’ll no longer look for ways about how to get thicker hair. The steps to use avocado for your hair are as under:
Quick link = Benefits of Avocado
- Prepare a mixture of one mashed avocado and a banana. Apply this evenly on your scalp. Leave the mixture on your hairs for 40 minutes so that all the nutrients get absorbed properly. Rinse hairs with Luke warm water and mild shampoo.
- You can also use avocado in hydrating mask by adding two table spoon of wheat germ oil in half mashed avocado. Apply the mask on freshly shampooed hair for 20 minutes and then wash it off. You can try these remedies once a week.
13. Henna Leaves
Henna powder or leaves has been used for hair care since old times and it is a natural conditioner too for your hair.This is an effective remedy for improving the volume of your hair. It prevents hair from damaging, dandruff, hair fall and other hair problems. Henna is also used for coloring hair naturally as well as to give hair softer and shiny look. Method to use henna leaves is following
- Grind henna leaves in a mixer with a little bit of water. Prepare a fine paste and leave it for overnight. Apply mixture on your scalp and cover it with shower cap. After two hour wash off your hair.
- You can also use it by soaking henna powder in water over night. In the morning you can add an egg and squeeze one lemon in it. This paste can also be applied on scalp. Leave it on for about half an hour and then thoroughly rinse off. Try this remedy twice a month for good results.
12. Coconut Oil
Massaging the scalp with coconut oil is very effective remedy that is passed on from generation to generation. Protein found in this oil nourishes hairs and hence improves its growth and thickness. Massaging with oil not only improves the blood circulation but also allows the nutrients to be well absorbed by the hair roots. If anyone asks you how to make hair thicker, just suggest coconut oil without any hesitation.
- You can use warm oil for massaging scalp. Massage hair with fingertips and it should be in circular motion. Also massage with soft hands and never apply too much pressure. Then cover your head with towel dipped in hot water. Wait for about half an hour and then rinse off thoroughly.
- You can also use coconut oil mask. It can be prepared by mixing and heating slightly coconut oil, sweet almond oil and honey in equal proportions. This mixture can be applied on your hair for half an hour before washing off. This remedy will add a new life to your hair.
11. Castor Oil
Castor oil can be used on the scalp to prevent hair loss, dandruff and other scalp related issues. Castor oil nourishes the scalp and promotes hair growth. Beside this, it also soothes itchy scalp.
- Massage your hairs evenly using your fingertips slowly before going to bed and leave it on overnight; then, on next day wash off your hair thoroughly.
- Try this once or twice a week for a couple of weeks and you will be surprised by the difference of before and after.
Want to learn how to get thicker hair using this simple herb? Here is the complete recipe. It’s a very useful natural ingredient for healthy scalp as gooseberry is provided with great properties of being anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and exfoliation.
- Put one quarter cup of warm water in one cup of gooseberry powder, mix it well and allow it to sit for almost ten minutes. Cover the scalp with the paste. After 15 to 20 minutes just wash off your hair and do not shampoo at all for few hours.
- Take two tablespoon of coconut oil and put it into one tablespoon of Indian gooseberry or amla powder and heat it till it boils. Strain out the oil and massage evenly on your scalp and hair before going to sleep. On next day, wash off your hair as usual.
- You can also add gooseberry fruit and its extract in your diet for hair thickness. Try this remedy after every few weeks.
Here we’ll teach you how to make hair thicker using nature’s best gift “honey”. Honey acts as emollient or natural softener and that’s why can be used as a conditioner for smoothing out hair. Also being antioxidant, it is helpful in stimulating hair growth by making scalp healthy. Similarly, it nourishes hair follicles hence promoting hair growth. Honey has also antibacterial and antiseptic properties so it also tends to keep scalp away from dandruff and itching. Honey also plays a role in bringing back the dull lifeless hairs to their original healthy condition. It prevents moisture loss from scalp and retains moisture content because it contains high sugar content which makes it humectants. Honey can be used in different given ways.
- Put 1 tablespoon of honey in your shampoo and apply mixture on your scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse off properly with lukewarm water. Do it twice a week.
- Mix well 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with 2 table spoon of honey .Heat the mixture slightly and apply it on your hair from root to tip. Leave it there for 30 minutes then wash off hairs thoroughly.
- One another easy use is that take one quarter small bowl of honey and add about 1 tablespoon of water in it. Mix it properly then apply this mixture on your hair and scalp. Wear shower cap. Keep it on your hairs for 3 hours and then wash off your hairs with mild shampoo.
Unsweetened yogurt is not only a great dietary food but it is also a very effective skin and hair care product. It is of great use in hydration treatment both for your skin and hair as it contains high quantities of zinc and lactic acid. Yogurt nourishes hair and reduces hair loss hence accelerates hair thickness. Yogurt is an effective hair mask used to give hair enchanting shine, de-frizz look and nourished condition. It can be used in many ways for hair thickness:
- Add 6 tablespoons of simple natural yogurt in well beaten foamy textured egg white. Apply the paste on your scalp and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes, and then rinse it off.
- Take a bowl full of unsweetened yogurt with you into the shower and apply it on your wet hairs and scalp. Keep it on for 15 minutes so that it penetrates deep into the roots. After 15 minutes wash off your hair. The active culture found in yogurt provides relief from itching and general irritation and also moisturizes trouble areas of scalp.
- For thick hair apply a mixture of 1 cup of yogurt with 2 tablespoon of lemon juice on your hair for 30 minutes and then shampoo it off.
Is an antibacterial agent that not only prevents hair fall but is also helpful in keeping scalp moisturized and dandruff free. It reduces hair fall by giving strength to hair follicles and hence hair loss can be prevented. For dry damaged hair, lemongrass oil is a best treatment. It penetrates deep into the roots and fills out gaps and damage, leaving hair shinny and healthy. Lemongrass also contributes to hair thickness
- Mix together 3 tablespoon of raw olive oil and 3 drops of lemongrass essential oil and apply this mixture on hairfor 15 minutes. Cover your hair with hot moistened towel then wash off your hair as usual.
- Massage diluted essential lemongrass oil on clean towel dried hair. Cover hair with plastic cap. You can easily get its beneficial results by providing heat through hair dryer or sitting in the hot sun.
If you want to know a simple remedy about how to get thicker hair, use rosemary oil. Rosemary is a very effective ingredient for preventing hair fall and promoting hair thickness. Many health benefits are associated with rosemary and one of them is hair growth stimulating benefit. Also, no difficult steps are required to bring rosemary in use.
- Just put its few drops in your conditioner or oil to rinse and massage respectively.
5. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds also known as methidanna have great capabilities for treatment of hair including dandruff, abnormal hair loss and dry lifeless hair. It can be added in your diet or applied directly on hair by preparing its paste. It provides not only strength, health and shine but also cures dandruffand itchy scalp and therefore accelerates hair growth. Fenugreek seed hair treatment has been an ancient remedy used for centuries in subcontinent.
- Prepare a paste of water soaked fenugreek. First, massage coconut oil in your hair and then cover your scalp and hair with soaked fenugreek paste. Keep it on your hair for at least an hour before washing in order to absorb mask properly.
- Coconut milk and fenugreek seeds paste also reduces hair loss; prevent dandruff and increases hair growth. It is also effective for dermatitis and dry scalp.
- For healthy scalp take 2 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and soak them for the whole night. The next day seeds would be softened. Ground the mixture into a fine paste. Properly apply the paste along the whole length of the hair and scalp and allow it to sit for half an hour.
- Take 1 crushed tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and mix it properly with warm oil. After mixture gets cool, apply it on your scalp for 2 hours. Rinse off your hair thoroughly.
- Soak the boiled fenugreek seeds in coconut oil for the whole night. Strain the oil and use it for hair massage twice a week to get salon inspired hair as it decreases hair fall.
The most popular use of lavender oil is for dry scalp, hair growth, hair conditioner, controlhair loss and increase hair thickness. If hair loss is due to psychological conditions such as depression, anxiety and stress then lavender essential oil is an amazing relief. This is an indirect benefit of essential oil. In several cosmetic products lavender oil is used as an ingredient. You can prepare lavender oil conditioner at home by adding few other ingredients in it.
- Take1/4 cup of dried lavender leaves and 2 cups of water. Boil it. To intensify the formula, you can add 2 to 3 drops of ready to use lavender oil into the water. Wash your hair with this rinse formula. This remedy reduces dandruff and moisturizes scalp.
- To get rid of itchy scalp add 15 drops of lavender oil to 2 tablespoon of olive oil and slightly warm it up. Massage the mixture gently to your scalp and wrap your hair with a shower cap. Keep it there for about an hour before you rinse it off.
- For better hair growth you can prepare a mixture of 4 oils including lavender oil as a basic ingredient. Mix 10 drops of lavender oil, 10 drops of rosemary oil, 4oz. of jojoba oil and 5 drops of basic oil in a dark bottle. Just take few drops of the mixture to massage your scalp. Always remember to shake the bottle well before use to combine the settled ingredients well. In few weeks you will notice remarkable results.
- It is also used for head lice treatment as lice and nits do not like the smell of lavender. You can massage your hairs with lavender oil for about an hour before shampoo to get rid of lice.
- For a disease known as alopecia aerate, use of lavender oil is also effective.
3. Peppermint Oil
If you want to know the answer of the question, how to make hair thicker, peppermint oil is the perfect answer. Peppermint oil rejuvenates hair follicles and promotes healthy hair growth. It contains adequate quantity of fatty acid and other important ingredients, which are helpful in keeping scalp healthy and fresh. It acts as an excellent coolant and has very nice smell as well. This oil eliminates yeast colonies and other germs from your scalp that are the reason for causing dandruff. If the PH level of scalp exceeds from its normal value, it makes your scalp acidic and dry. Peppermint oil also maintains the PH of your scalp hence keeping it moisturized and healthy.
- For better hair growth take 1 teaspoon of vitamin E hair oil, 1 teaspoon of castor oil, 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, half a teaspoon of peppermint oil and 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil.
- First take coconut oil in a saucepan, melt it on a low heat then add vitamin E oil to it, let the 2 oils get homogeneous, then add the remaining mentioned oils, now you should put off the stove.
- Stir the liquid to make it equally mixed then allow it to cool down for about 2 hours.
- Massage your hair everyday with this oil mixture and it will let your hair grow faster, silky and beautiful in a few weeks.
This juicy, citrus fruit is really effective for hair. As oranges are rich source of vitamin C and bioflavonoid therefore increases healthy blood flow and circulation in the scalp. In this way,it reduces hair loss and increases hair growth. Also, folic acid found in oranges triggers hair growth.
- For natural lustrous and healthy hairs take some orange juice and add 1 teaspoon of honey in it. After using shampoo, apply this natural hair treatment to your hair for 10 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
1. Balanced Diet For Hair Growth And Thickness
Your hair requires vitamins, minerals and other nourishment just like your rest of the body. Healthy diet may not give you at once results but it will provide long term beautiful, nourished hairs.
- Eggs are very rich source of protein for hairs. Besides proteins, eggs are also a source of minerals such as sulphur, iron and zinc. Similarly, add sweet potatoes, carrots and pumpkin in your diet as these are great source of beta-carotene.
- Beta-carotene is converted into vitamin A by the body and it’s really essential for hairs and all other cells of the body. It promotes the production of natural oil in scalp hence keeping it safe from dryness and itching
- Also take salmon and avocado as these are rich in natural fatty acids. Your hairs also require this fatty acid.
- In the same way zinc deficiency also leads to hair loss. Include foods in your diet that are rich in zinc. Oysters are the best source of zinc as well as proteins.
- Also take nuts including walnuts, cashew nuts, almonds, butternuts, pecans, hazelnuts and macadamia nuts in your diet as these contains omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and biotins. These nuts also provide protection to the cells of your hairs from sun.
- Intake of leafy vegetables like spinach, collards, kale, broccoli and Brussels sprouts also accelerate adequate supply of blood to hair follicles and therefore nourishes hair.
- Vitamin C enhances blood circulation in tiny vessels that nourishes your hair and hence intake of vitamin c rich foods is also important for hair thickness. These foods include blueberries, strawberries, oranges, limes, lemons and kiwis etc.
- Don’t rub your wet hair with towel, because wet hairs are weak and vulnerable to breakage.
- Don’t use bad quality products. Make use of good quality hair oils and serums to achieve desired shine and health.
- Don’t use too much hair dryers and straightening irons as it damages hair and makes them weak and rough.
- Don’t wash your hair daily and always use lukewarm water for washing your hair because, hot water can dry the scalp.
- Don’t pull your hair too tightly. Too much tightening can make your hair weak and can result in hair fall.