A boil is a red modulated bump on the skin which is found to be filled with pus too. They are usually a result of an infection by a bacterium called ‘Staphylococcus aureus’ which enter through a hair follicle or a cut on the skin. It is also said that people with poor diet and a poor immune system might also develop boils while at times when a sweat gland blocks it results in the formation of boil.
Boils could be itchy sometimes with a whitish colored puss filled inside. As the white blood cells get in activity and fill the puss the lymph nodes also get enlarged due to the presence of an infection. The skin around the boil becomes hard with red colored streaks. People with boil on their skin are also accompanied with fever or swelling along with a change in appetite.
Boils are found in places like underarms, scalp, buttocks, back, breast etc.
“Help yourself with the boils you’ve developed on your beautiful skin by following the given home remedies.”
Cutting away onions definitely make you shed tears because of the chemical it releases. This chemical is irritant to the tear glands and which stimulates to produce tears! Onions are sometimes being cooked to give a flavor to the pastas and sometimes it is eaten crunchy and uncooked in the burgers and salads etc.
Doctors recommend heart patients to have onions as onions are supposed to act as natural blood thinners, hence helping the blood to flow in the cholesterol laden arteries well.
Onions with their great antiseptic properties are said to be effective anti bacterial agents as well. Hence with this property inside onions can be used to treat boils:
- Cut a slice moderately thick and wide to cover the boil
- Place this little slice on the boil and cover the boil with a piece of cloth
- Keep it covered for a few hours in order to draw the blood and heat the boil
- Repeat it again at least three to four times daily to help the boil come to the head and drain.
15. Black Seeds
Black seeds are supposed to be cure for various skin infections in individuals. It can not only treat boils which is usually caused by certain a bacterium but it is also effective against other bacteria as well which enter the dermal and epidermal layer. These black seeds are tremendously amazing for health and one should make it a habit to have a pinch of black seeds daily every morning.
Here you will be reading the methods to use black seeds for the treatment of boils to get relief from its pain
- Drinking black seed oil is one of the options to treat boils. One can add half a teaspoon of black seed oil to either a glass of hot or cold water. After mixing it thoroughly one can drink it. Repeat it daily for the number of days required.
- Another method is to make a paste of the black seeds. You just need to blend with a little water till it becomes a paste which could then be applied to the affected area.
- Applying some black seed oil can also do the trick.
14. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has natural anti bacterial and anti fungal properties. It is used for the treatment of psoriasis and also could be applied on the foot warts. Athlete’s foot individuals can apply tea tree oil as well where as it could also be used to repel the insects from biting. As far as wound healing is concerned tea tree oil can be helpful in that case too. Using it on the boils is another option. Read below to see the method of using tea tree oil on the boils:
- In tea tree oil you need to immerse a cotton swab
- Apply this oil dipped cotton swab on the boil
- Apply this daily four to five times till the boil is no more.
13. A Warm Compress
This is a very simple and readily available method to decrease the pain in boil and increase the circulation in it for a faster and a better healing.
Below is the procedure for applying the warm washcloth compress:
- Take a bowl of warm water to dip a clean cloth
- You can add a little salt in the water if you want
- Soak the cloth in this water, squeeze the excess water from it
- Place it now on the boil for ten minutes then remove
- Repeat the process after three hours about four times
Turmeric is a well known analgesic which could be applied directly or could be taken with milk. Besides turmeric being a good analgesic it also is blood purifier and an anti-inflammatory agent. Plus it also helps to cut down the cholesterol in the body and reduce bloating. People with cough too can take turmeric and help reduce it.
For the treatment of boils turmeric could be given in the following way:
- In a warm glass of milk add a half teaspoon of turmeric to it mix it well and drink it thrice a day
- Another way to use turmeric is to make a blend ginger with turmeric in equal quantities and make a paste out of it. Apply this paste over the boil ad cover it with a cloth. Repeat it twice daily.
11. Indian lilac
Indian lilac or Neem is an antibacterial agent with antiseptic qualities as well. Indian lilac has cooling effect on the skin infection. It could not only be used to treat boils but also could be for chicken pox on the skin.
Following methods could be used in the case of boils on the skin:
- Take a small bowl of clean Indian lilac leaves and grind them to form a thick paste. Now apply this paste on the boils for two hours and leave it open, do not cover it. Repeat this daily.
- Another method is to boil a few leaves of Indian lilac in about two cups water until the water is reduced to one-third. With this water you can now rinse the boils.
10. Bread Poultice
Bread poultice is a very easy way to treat the boils.
- You just need to drench a piece of bread in warm water or milk
- And keep it on the boil for a few minutes.
By doing this the boil will get to the head and would be drained. The heat from the compress will help reduce the inflammation and increase the circulation n the other hand. By doing this more infection fighting cells are drawn towards the boil which causes the infection to subside quicker.
“The pain of your boils can now be treated by simple food items available at your home, just follow the given remedies and help yourself treat it.”
Garlic is used to fight bacteria because of its potent antibacterial properties. Acilin a short lived chemical compound helps o do so. Besides it also helps the infection fighting white blood cells to actively combat the infections in the body.
Garlic with such properties is could be given to treat the boils on skin effectively.
- Take two garlic cloves and heat them, do not burn them. Now apply this warm garlic clove on the boil for a few minutes till it gets to a normal temperature. Apply it several times a day.
- Another method is to crush the garlic cloves well and apply them on the boils.
- Besides these two methods one can even eat raw garlic cloves.
Cornmeal is said to have good absorbent properties which can help to treat boils. Along with this property cornmeal is also high in fiber and proteins.
See the following method to treat boils:
- You need to form a paste of cornmeal and for that first boil half a cup of water
- When it comes to boil add 4 tablespoons of cornmeal to it
- Cook it to form a thick paste
- Apply this paste on the boil and then cover it with a cloth
- Apply it several times a day daily till the boil drains completely.
Milk is a diet of infants to provide them with complete nutrients. This means that milk is a drink which is rich in different nutrients required for the body. Milk is also used as a beauty product for all skin types. With the boils it is used to relief the pain and heals it.
- Cream of milk could be used to treat boils. One can mix a teaspoon of milk cream with two drops vinegar and a pinch of turmeric powder. This mixture can then be applied on the boil.
- Another way to use milk is to heat a cup of milk mixed with 2 tablespoons of salt in it. Mix a bit of white flour to thicken it. When it thickens in a paste form apply it on the boil. Repeat it daily several times.
6. Epsom Salt
It is a common table salt that we use in the food dishes. This sodium rich content has a very soothing effect on the body. It does not only give taste to the food but also provide fight the skin problems. Taking too much salt is unhealthy though, patients who are suffering through heart disease are supposed to take less quantity of salt in their diet as it can lead to an elevation in the blood pressure of an individual.
- For boils one can just fill in tub with warm water.
- Sit in this warm water for an hour
This will help the boils subside.
5. Parsley leaves
Green leaves of parsley are not just added in the food but are also used as a beauty ingredient for the skin. Parsley with its property of sucking out the excess oil from the skin makes it usable for the pimple prone skins which are either developed because of the blockage of oil under the skin or because of the dirt. Besides this property parsley leaves could also be used for the boils on the skin.
- Boil a few leaves of parsley
- After a little time take them out of the water
- Cover the boil with these leaves and tie a cloth over it
- Change this twice a day. By doing this the boil will burst quickly.
4. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil with its anti-inflammatory properties is use to treat different upper respiratory tract allergies. With its great smell eucalyptus oil is also a brilliant ingredient for the skin as it works to remove acne from the skin. Eucalyptus oil could be used for the muscular pain and massaged over the painful part daily. With eucalyptus oil boils could be treated with ease. Just follow the given the steps:
- Take 25 grams of elm powder and pour in tree drops of eucalyptus oil in it.
- Make a thick paste by adding a little water to it.
- Apply this mixture on the boil.
Apply this daily many times till the boil drains completely.
“Did you know that egg white could be used on your skin to treat the pus filled boils? Read more how to use it on the skin and treat yourself with it.”
Nutmeg is a brown coloured spice that is grinded to powdered form. This is used in food items in a very little quantity. Nutmeg helps in constipation by inducing bowel movements. Besides this it can also act as an antiseptic and its antibacterial property also helps with boils on the skin.
One just needs to mix half teaspoon of powder of nutmeg to cup of either hot milk or warm water. This will help to prevent the bacteria in the boil to eradicate quickly.
Drinking this mixture of nutmeg powder and water/milk should be made a daily practice until the infection subsides.
Egg is eaten in boiled form, sometimes in a scrambled form which some mix with vegetables and cheese to make cheese omelets. Cakes are made with eggs as their basic ingredient while it is also used as binding agent in certain fried item. Eggs work as beauty product as well because of its pore tightening properties and its complexion enhancing features.
- Egg white works amazing for boils
- Boil an egg and peel off the eggs
- Wet the egg white and keep it over the boil while you cover it with a cloth.
1. Cumin Seeds
Cumin seeds are used in the food dishes to provide its distinct flavor to the food. It works to remove toxins from the body and help in boosting up the immune system. Cumin seeds are also effective for boils on the skin and might also work as anti depressant.
For boils following method could be followed:
- Grind two tablespoons of cumin seeds with a little water
- Make a paste out of it and apply it on the boil.
Try this daily and see for the results.
How to prevent boils
- Cleanliness is the key to avoid a number of illnesses and germs. Be it allergies or bacterial infections or may be viral infection maintaining hygiene can help with all of these to be avoided. Skin infections can be avoided by keeping one’s self clean and using soaps and sanitizers.
- In cases of cuts and wounds or boils one must clean and cover them such that they do not come in contact in with others or any other part of the body because its contact might lead to its spread.
- Avoid using items which are already being by used by the person with boils as using their stuff can also lead to development of the similar infection in other person.
- Do not try to squeeze the boils as they can burst leading to the spillage of content inside which can cause the development of more of them because of the spread of infection.