Do you find yourself awake in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep? And all you have is a dark night as your company while you listen to Craig David’s song “Insomnia” and spend the whole night all by yourself.
Those people who suffer from insomnia i.e. sleep deprivation are known as insomniacs. So if you are considered as one of them too then no need to feel upset over it anymore as from now on-wards you will be regarded as a happy sleepy person just by following simple home remedies that we have gathered for you. Presenting to you a number of remedies that cure insomnia and they are as follows:
If everything is honey and I am what I eat, I must be made of honey and life is very sweet.This is how Pooh described his love for honey and I’m sure that most of the honey lovers can quite certainly relate to it. Honey is one of those fluids which can be taken by the diabetics as well. It is not just useful for the diabetics but insomniacs have quite a c considerable advantage of it too. Honey works in the body in the following ways:
- Just 2 tea spoons of honey taken in milk before going to sleep are helpful to promote sleep as they reduce stress in the body.
- Next, what should be considered is that tress hormone desensitizes our sleep centers which in return make the person unable to sleep,therefore honey suppresses the production of stress hormone making it easier to fight against insomnia
- Later, it Increases the production of melatonin too which is produced by the body during night,in the dark. But honey helps promote its production without any such condition. Hence, helping the insomniacs to sleep better.
A research says that bananas are among the most eaten fruits in the world. This fruit brings a great package under its natural yellow packing. Bananas are said to be one of those fruit’s which are rich in vitamins and minerals and is a good source of gaining energy.Now let’s look at the benefits of it:
- Bananas contain foliate that help fight anemia.
- Minerals like magnesium and potassium that help relaxing the muscles thereby promoting sleep.
- it also contains amino acid ‘tryptophan’ that helps to release serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone that when released reduces anxiety and depression, which is one of the major cause of sleep deprivation in people nowadays
NOTE: 90 % of a banana is comprised of water. A fact that a very few know about. Soto not forget to take bananas in the hot dehydrating summers.
This little wonder is having incredible health benefits stored inside it. Sour or sweet, it’s nutritional in both the ways. This fruit not only helps treating insomnia but it also works as an antioxidant. Below are mentioned some of its advantages along with that of insomnia.
- Antioxidants like cyaniding and anthocyanins help fighting cancer
- Cherries provide normal bowel movements by reducing constipation.
- They also prevent high blood pressure.
- Cherries help release melatonin, a hormone that induces sleep in the human body.
Melatonin is a night hormone that the biological clock inside us tell our body to release at night to help induce sleep. Cherries release melatonin helping us sleep better.
Have you ever wondered that after thanksgiving why does laying back on the couch make you dose off so quickly? Studies have shown that turkey releases tryptophan an amino acid that helps to relax the mind by reducing stress levels thereby allowing a good sleep.
Saffron since the ancient times had been known to be a popular remedy for a lot of ailments. This thread like spice is very delicate and has a golden yellow hue that imparts a yellow orange color to the food dishes being cooked. Saffron is a wonder spice but only a few know about it. Saffron is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and folic acid. Saffron helps to release depression and thus helping our mind to stay relaxed AIDING IN SLEEP. This spice is very commonly used in the Central Asian countries in their sweet dishes basically. Adding to the above saffron is also used as beauty product used in the facial scrub named ubtan.