People now-a-days don’t like to spend fortunes in getting rid of oral illness, rather they try out some home remedies first to overcome the problem. Teeth plays vital role in enhancing the personality of a person. Having yellow teeth makes people self-conscious and they don’t want to show their teeth in public.
They just avoid smiling and even talk, as in both cases visibility of teeth is guaranteed. Oral problems are becoming quite common these days and having yellow teeth is just one worse dilemma. There is not even one explanation how your teeth turn yellow. This happens usually because of bad dental hygiene, aging, inheriting it from ancestors, excessive consumption of tea, coffee, and lot of smoking and intake of tobacco.
These are the common factors that turn your teeth yellow and unpresentable. Along with these antibiotics, infections, stomach problems and climate can also affect the color of your teeth.
When people encounter this problem they often rush for professional dental assistance. Such dental assistance is quite expensive to afford and the procedures are usually time consuming. Nature has given us many amazing gifts and it is filled with some awesome natural products that provide some good bunch of remedies that can be tried and tested to avoid such problems. We have gathered a list of natural home remedies for yellow teeth that are going to help and restore your beautiful white sparkling smile, let’s have a look.
20. Baking Soda
The baking soda technique is the most popular and commonly used home remedy to get rid of yellow pale teeth. Baking soda is an ingredient that is easily available in everyone’s kitchen and as it shows wonders in kitchen it will also show an awesome change in your teeth. You just have to follow the following few important steps to learn how to whiten teeth:
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on you tooth brush and start brushing your teeth in different directions to get rid of the yellowness. Brushing should be done for more than 2 minutes to make the remedy more effective. This technique must be repeated every 15 days.
- A paste of lemon and baking soda can also be used to crack this unwanted teeth problem.
- Mix some baking soda in your regular tooth paste and brush this paste well. This also helps in reducing the yellow pale discoloration of teeth.
- You can make a mouth wash by dissolving some baking soda and half of its amount of hydrogen peroxide in cold water. Carefully rinse your mouth two to three times a day with this solution to notice some amazing changes.
- Try not to brush harshly with baking soda; it might harm your natural teeth enamel.
Salt being a natural scrubber can help you in reducing the yellowness of your teeth. It is a natural cleansing agent that is used for decades. It also helps to retain oral hygiene and gives a hint of fresh breath.
- Make a routine to mix a little common salt in your regular tooth paste and brush with it regularly.
- Salt mixed with some baking soda can make a very good effective tooth scrub.
Strawberry is one of the amazing gifts from nature that has some unique whitening agents. It helps to revive the color of many body elements where it is properly applied. Strawberries are highly enriched in vitamin C which helps in cutting down plaque that causes the discoloration of your teeth. Its special enzyme malic acid helps in removing stains from your teeth. The technique is very simple and a few steps need to be followed to learn how to get rid of yellow teeth.
- Crush strawberries and make a paste. Gently rub this paste with your finger in all directions to make this remedy effective.
- Strawberry paste combined with salt can also do some wonders on your teeth.
- Make a mixture of crushed and grind strawberries with baking soda and brush regularly to see the amazing effects.
17. Orange Peel And Zest
Using orange peel is another effective way to reduce the yellow teeth problem. Being filled with vitamin C this fruits helps us in many ways. Its zest has some whitening enzymes that help to overcome the paleness of your teeth. You don’t have to do a whole day hard work to make it work but put it in your routine to get a glowing smile. All you have to do is take a small piece of orange peel and rub it gently on your teeth.
Do this exercise for more than 2-3 minutes to make this more effective. Along with this if some salt is also used that will make the procedure more quick and efficient.
Lemon has some natural bleaching properties that help you to get rid of pale and yellow coloration of your teeth. Its juice is a natural mouth wash and scrubbing it on your teeth is one of the best ways of getting a sparkling smile. Learn how to get rid of yellow teeth using these remedies effectively.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- To make a natural mouth cleanser gargle with lemon juice diluted in some warm water.
- For teeth whitening mix little amount of lemon juice with some salt and brush with this mixture to get glowing teeth. This mixture can reduce stains on your teeth. Try this procedure twice a week.
- Rubbing lemon peel can also do some good surprise on your teeth.
15. Coconut Oil
Using coconut oil for rinsing your mouth is an old remedy of reducing mouth odor and teeth whitening. This technique is called oil pulling and this remedy really works. It shows best results within a few days. Coconut oil helps reducing plaque and bacteria in your mouth resulting in beautiful teeth and fresh breath. The direction is just simple take some coconut oil, if it’s not in liquid state just soften it a bit n put it in your mouth. Push and pull the oil in your mouth in all directions. Do this for 5-10 minutes and then spit it out. Later rinse with water and brush your teeth. Make sure to try this remedy if you’re wondering how to whiten teeth.
Note: You can either use this remedy before brushing or it can be done after a nice brush.
14. Basil Herb
A homemade basil tooth paste remedy can help you to revive the white color of your teeth. It also helps to increase the overall health of your mouth. It helps reducing plaque and fights against many dental problems like pyorrhea and gum bleeding. It is one of the amazing Ayurvedic products that have shown many miracles in the field of science. To make a basil herb tooth paste you have to follow the following steps:
- Take a bunch of basil leaves and keep them in sun shade for a couple of days.
- Once they are completely dried grind them to make a fine powder.
- Mix this powder in your regular tooth paste and brush your teeth with a rotating technique.
- Use this paste in your daily routine.
A paste of dried orange peel powder and basil leaves powder can also reduce the yellowish color of your teeth. Also basil leaves powder mixed with mustard oil can also retain you sparkling and glowing smile.
If an apple keeps the doctor away then this saying is certainly true for the health of your teeth. Eating an apple can scrub your teeth naturally and makes then whiter and healthier. Always try to eat one or two apples a day. This habit can keep your body healthy and it will also help to reduce the yellow stains of your teeth. Try to chew the apple properly so that its acids work naturally on your teeth. Other vegetables like carrots, cucumber and broccoli can also help in reducing this teeth illness. So an apple a day is the secret to learn about how to whiten teeth.
12. Banana Peel
Banana is an amazing fruit, being rich in flavor it is filled with some unique minerals like magnesium, potassium and manganese which help to reduce the dirt and discoloration of your teeth. All you have to do is:
- Take a banana and peel off its skin.
- Take the inside of peel of this fruit and rub it gently around your teeth.
- The minerals in banana absorb in your teeth and whiten them.
- Repeat the procedure on daily basis.
Note: this natural remedy must be applied twice a day to get best results.
11. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a strong bleaching agent. This chemical must be used carefully to do any kind of procedure. The process of whitening your teeth with hydrogen peroxide is little complex, you need to follow some important steps:
- Take a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide which is safe for oral health.
- Dilute it in water and use it as a mouth wash.
- This bleaching agent will help to overcome bad breath and yellow teeth.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
Hydrogen peroxide mixed with baking soda and using it as a paste can show wonders with beautiful sparkling white teeth.
Margosa plant is a natural giving to treat yellow teeth. It helps in making your teeth healthier and whiter. Margosa twigs can be used to brush your teeth and it can also be chewed to reduce the yellow stains on the teeth. Margosa is also available in the oil form which can be mixed with the regular tooth paste to kill teeth illness. It is a natural antiseptic and astringent. Regular use of this plant can reduce dental cavities and bad breath. So it’s the perfect remedy to learn about if you are looking for how to get rid of yellow teeth naturally.
9. Banyan Tree Twigs
Many parts of the banyan tree are used in taking care of the oral health. Its twigs are used physically to clean the yellowness of teeth and chewed to keep the mouth clean and avoids any type of gum diseases. The method of using is just simple. The twigs are hard when sold in market; you have to follow a few steps to use it properly.
- Properly wash the twig.
- Now chew one end of the twig hardly in your mouth so that it softens and it forms like a brush with bristles.
- Now rub those twig bristles on your teeth in circular and regular motion to clean the dirt and yellowness of your teeth.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider vinegar helps in the reduction of teeth paleness. Filled with acids it works as a natural bleaching agent and helps in reducing stains and yellow color on your teeth. To learn how to get rid of yellow teeth with apple cider vinegar, you must simply brush your teeth with apple cider vinegar to clean your teeth plaque and cavities. This also helps to properly clean the mouth and kills all sorts of bacteria that forms tooth decay and discoloration. Apple cider vinegar can also be used as a mouth wash.
Being black in color no one could imagine that charcoal can do some miracles on your teeth. It is one of the natural remedy for pale yellow teeth. It contains a good amount of strong whitening crystals that helps keeping your teeth neat and clean. A simple method is used, you just have to mix some charcoal with your toothpaste and brush your teeth. Later rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat this method twice a day for best results.
6. Lettuce Leaves
Crunchy lettuce leaves can also work for people having yellow teeth. People can take it in the form of salads. The crunchier the salad leaves are the more it will be effective. The extracts from these leaves are very good for oral health and to avoid stained up teeth. So if someone asks you about an easy way of how to whiten teeth naturally, just suggest eating lettuce more.
5. Ashes Of Burnt Bread And Rosemary
This is a unique tip to learn about how to whiten teeth. This tip works well and gives good results. It happens when you burn your bread slices by mistake and you don’t have any option but to throw them, it is the best time to use these burnt slices. Simply scrap the burnt part off the toasts and keep it a side. Later mix it will little tooth paste and scrub on your teeth. You can do the same with burnt rosemary. These natural herbs can give you unbelievably best results.
4. Yogurt Milk And Cheese
Dairy products are enriched with lactic acid that helps to reduce many oral diseases and prevents teeth from getting pale and yellow. Other than improving the teeth enamel, eating cheese like cheddar, are very powerful for rubbing and scrubbing of teeth that helps to reduce the ugly stains. As milk is the biggest source of calcium, it is best to retain any kind of oral health.
3. Bay Leaves
Use of bay leaves with a combination of orange peel can also help in the reducing the yellowness of your teeth. People always wish for sparkling white teeth. This tip will certainly reduce their headache and will keep them smiling forever. Learn how to get rid of yellow teeth using bay leaves by following these main steps:
- Dry bay leave in sun and make powder like substance.
- Dry up orange peel and make its powder too.
- Mix both of them together with your tooth paste and brush your teeth with this mixture.
- Use this technique on regular basis for better results.
2. Use Straw
Using a straw makes you to reduce the chances of having yellow teeth. As caffeinated drinks, tea, soft drinks and wine can lead to many oral health problems, it is better to use a straw while having these drinks. This way these drinks will have less contact with the teeth and they will directly make its way to the mouth. Remember to brush your teeth after having any kind of drink.
1. Brush And Floss Your Teeth
To avoid any kind of oral diseases it is always recommended to brush and floss your teeth properly. A proper technique is used to brush your teeth. A good brand of tooth paste must be used having some natural ingredients. Follow the steps to insure you are brushing your teeth in the right way:
- Fill your brush bristles with good quality tooth paste.
- Start brushing your front teeth with vertical and horizontal strokes.
- Now brush and clean the lateral teeth. Keep brushing for 5 to 6 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Floss your teeth properly at the end.
This brushing technique will help you to avoid yellow teeth and other dental problem.
While applying any of these techniques and home remedies try to remember some Do’s and Don’ts to avoid any kind of harsh circumstances. We have listed some Do’s of Don’ts that will help you to understand the cause of yellow teeth.
- Always brush your teeth properly
- Change your brush on regular basis.
- Use mouth-wash every time you brush your teeth. Use a good brand mouth wash.
- Eat raw fruits and veggies these will help you to retain your white teeth.
- Always rinse your mouth every time you’re having a meal.
- Don’t rub backing soda hardly this may harm your teeth enamel.
- Avoid drinking and eating dark food like coffee, tea and many other dark edibles.
- Avoid tobacco and smoking.
- Avoid energy drinks.
Just by following few of these tips and techniques you can enhance your smile and make your oral hygiene better. Always keep in mind a good and sparkling smile is always complimented.