Everyone appreciates beauty and wants to look young and fresh at every age; women in their late twenties start worrying about the appearance of crow’s feet, fine lines and wrinkles on their face and skin. They spend money on treatments, buying anti-aging cremes and some also get Bot-ox or a face lift.
Factors contributing to saggy skin
With age our skin loses its self-moisturizing components and the facial muscles also get weak, which makes the skin saggy and loose. Excessive exposure to pollution, ultraviolet rays, excess of alcohol, chain smoking, obesity, pregnancy, malnutrition, use of wrong or expired products and dehydration all are the basic factors which cause damage to our skin in the form of wrinkles, fine lines, pale skin and sensitivity.
All women can’t afford to get clinical or parlor treatments for maintaining a young and fresh skin but they do wish for it. The kitchen is full of such ingredients which can help you in this regard. Pick any of the following remedies and apply them regularly to see the difference and get rid of that dull looking saggy skin.
“Follow these amazing ways for treating your sagging skin naturally using your kitchen ingredients.“
Tomatoes are acidic in nature.
- Rub a ripe tomato or extract its juice and apply it on your face. Leave it for about 35-40 minutes and then wash it off.
Regular use of this can do wonders!
20. Green Tea
It is a very good antioxidant; it helps in purifying your blood from impurities.
- Drinking a cup of green tea daily will give you a healthy skin and body.
They are a natural source of astringents; any fruit with this quality can be very helpful in tightening your skin because they keep your skin hydrated and fresh. They are a rich source of vitamin C and are good antioxidants.
- Add strawberries to your regular diet plan and enjoy its benefits.
- You can also mash two or three strawberries and make a paste by mixing it with two teaspoon yogurt and two teaspoon honey. Apply it on your skin and leave it for 20-25 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water.
You can apply this paste 2-3 times a week to get a smooth and fresh skin.
18. Egg White
Using egg white for skin tightening is a very good idea. It hydrates and thus uplifts your skin. It also acts as a natural astringent.
You can use egg white twice a week for a good skin in the following way.
- Simply take two egg whites and whisk them well until they make a foam texture. Apply it on your neck and face and leave it on for 20 minutes or until it dries completely. Rinse it well with cold water.
- You can also apply a mixture of egg white and one tablespoon of yogurt.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which helps in retaining the elasticity of the skin due to its collagen production. It has citric acid, which helps in removing dead cells from the skin. It also tightens and cleanses your skin, which helps in reducing the apparent wrinkles and lines on your face. This natural astringent can be used in the following ways.
- Squeeze a fresh lemon and apply its juice on your skin and rinse it off after 5-10 minutes with cold water. Use a good moisturizer after it.
- Extract some lemon juice and add cold water to it. Pour it in a spray bottle. Wash your face and then spray it on your face. Allow it to dry.
- Mix lemon juice with Amla powder (Indian gooseberry) and apply it all over your face for treating the ageing signs.
This remedy can be used two times a day.
16. Aloe Vera
It is a natural moisturizer and is perfect for every skin type; it works well against sagging skin because of the presence of malic acid in it. The gel extracted from its leaf is very helpful in improving the elasticity of the skin.
- Apply aloe Vera gel on your skin 5-6 times a week just for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Make a mixture of Aloe Vera gel, one teaspoon of mayonnaise and one teaspoon of honey. Apply this pack on your face and neck. Wash it off after 15 minutes with cold water.
- Another paste can be made by adding one teaspoon Aloe Vera gel to vitamin E capsule. Apply the mixture on the affected area and leave it for half an hour. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
It is a natural skin toner which helps in keeping the skin fresh and glowing because of its hydrating properties. It gives a cool and refreshing feel to the skin.
- Apply cucumber juice on your face and leave it on till it dries off completely. Wash it with cold water. Apply it once a day
- Grate a cucumber and mix it with plain yogurt. Apply it on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water
- Cucumber mask can also be made by adding 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice to one egg white and a few drops of vitamin E oil. Apply it for 20 minutes and wash it with cold water.
14. Oil Massage
Avocado, Coconut, Almond, Castor oil, Jojoba all are very beneficial for massage. Regular oil massage will decrease the sagging tendency of the skin with age; it also improves blood circulation giving you a glowing skin.
Similarly massaging Olive oil keeps skin firm, moisturized and soft. It has vitamin A and vitamin E in it. It also acts as a good moisturizer.
- Massage, olive oil on your wrinkled skin once a day or before going to bed for about 10 minutes giving you a rejuvenating skin.
Honey is loaded with antioxidant and anti-ageing properties.
Take a bowl; mix 3 teaspoons of honey, few drops of lemon Juice and olive oil. Apply it on your face and neck. Allow it to dry completely. Rinse well with warm water. Regular use of honey can give you better results.
- You can also make a mask by mixing half tablespoon of honey, half teaspoon of turmeric powder and half tablespoon of sour. Apply it on your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
Rinse it well first with lukewarm water and then with some cold water.
Sea salt has been a time tested mineral to treat skin problems effectively. It can also treat sagging skin and bring back its firmness.
- Fill your bath tub with warm water and add some sea salt to it. Now sit in the tub and soak your body in it for at least half an hour.
“Throw out those expensive anti-aging creams and try these home remedies for keeping your skin young and healthy.”
Another wonder remedy for the skin in the kitchen is cinnamon. It is well known for increasing collagen production in our body, which helps in maintaining a firm skin.
- Take a bowl; add cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, sugar and olive oil. Mix it well and use it as a scrub on your face.
This scrub is vital for moisturizing and exfoliating your skin. It can be used twice a week.
Make a ginger mask and see the difference yourself.
- Extract some fresh ginger juice and add a dash of honey to it. Mix it well and spread it all over your face. Allow it to dry. Regular use of this mask for a few weeks can show beneficial and noticeable results by making your skin fresh and vibrant.
- Ginger tea can also be consumed daily to help sagging skin.
9. Rose Water
Rose water is best for having a fresh and glowing skin. It is a natural astringent and a good toner which helps in tightening loose skin. It is very beneficial in treating initial ageing signs by tightening the pores on the skin
- Take a spray bottle and put some lemon juice, a few drops of almond oil and about a cup of rose water in it, spray it all over your face thrice a week atleast. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Make a paste by mixing sandalwood powder with rose water. Apply it on your face for a while and let it dry. Wash it with cold water.
8. Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth)
Multani mitti helps in improving blood circulation and also helps in skin tightening.
- Simply mix one tablespoon of fuller’s earth, which is easily available in powdered form in markets with plain water or rose water. Make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and allow it to dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Another mixture can be made by adding glycerin, honey, a well beaten egg white and fuller’s earth. Apply it on your face and wash it off with lukewarm water when it dries up.
They are a rich source of fiber, vitamin E, calcium, zinc, folic acid etc. which help in treating wrinkles. Almond oil massage delays the ageing signs appearance.
For best results
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then grind it well. Make a paste, apply it on your skin and leave it for about 20 to 25 minutes. Wash it off with slightly warm water.
It is one of the best natural remedy for the wrinkles and ageing signs. It contains minerals and vitamins and works as an antioxidant.
- Apply a mashed banana on the wrinkled skin and leave it on for half an hour, wash it later with slightly warm water. Use a good moisturizer after it.
Fenugreek leaves are a good source of vitamins and minerals, which hydrate the skin. Its leaves, seeds and oil, all can be used to have a smooth skin without wrinkles and fine lines.
- Apply fenugreek oil on your skin regularly.
- Its seeds can be used by boiling in water.
- Make a paste by grinding Fenugreek leaves and mixing it with water. Apply it on your face and wash it in the morning with slightly warm water.
Carrots are rich in vitamin A. Enjoy the benefits of this vegetable by including it in your daily diet.
- Apply a mixture of carrot juice and honey twice a day and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse it well.
- Make a carrot paste; boil 2 Carrots of medium size. Now blend the soft carrots by adding some honey in it. Spread it all over your face for half an hour and rinse it well later.
Pineapple hydrates and moisturizes your skin. It also helps in exfoliating the dead cells from the skin. Its juice is rich in fibers, vitamins and works as a perfect antioxidant.
- Apply pineapple juice on the face and leave it for a few minutes. Wash it off.
- Rub a pineapple slice on the skin and let it dry for half an hour. Wash it off with cold water.
2. Baking Soda
It helps in tightening the skin pores.
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and add some water to it to form a paste. Massage it on your face for a few minutes.
The simplest of all remedies is todrink lots of water, which is indeed best for keeping your skin hydrated. Drink atleast two liters of water daily, it will help in flushing out toxins from your body and make you look fresh and healthy.
- Avoid carbonated drinks as much as you can.
These remedies can decelerate the aging process and make you look younger giving you a fresh and glowing skin.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Take adequate sleep for at least 8 hours at night, for a healthy skin
- Smile as much as you can, it helps in clearing wrinkles on the face.
- Do facial exercises at least twice in a day
- Have a healthy diet. Eat vegetables and fruits.
- Use good quality cosmetics.
- Use sunscreen when going out for long hours.
- Regularly exfoliate your skin to avoid blackheads and dead skin cells.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take those vitamin supplements that are prescribed by the doctor only.
- Have a stress free life.
- Avoid junk food or processed food and saturated fats.
- Don’t use any kind of strong chemical on your skin.
- Quit smoking.
- Try to control expressions like frowning because they later on form permanent lines.