At any given time, Joint pain or Arthritis may affect one or more of your joints. Swelling, Soreness, redness or irritation around the affected area can be the main symptoms of Joint Pain. Luckily, there are many natural ways to tackle joint pain efficiently.
In this article we will discuss Home Remedies so you can terminate joint pain as soon as it arises.
Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory agent which helps to decrease swelling, pain and stiffness of Joints.It contains a strong antioxidant compound called curcumin which reduces inflammation. Usage of turmeric in any form is beneficial for joint pain relief. Use turmeric while making rice, vegetables, meats, and lentils. Turmeric is good for the relief of Pain and in the treatment of all kinds of infections. Turmeric depresses the levels of two main enzymes which are responsible for triggering inflammation and Joint Pain.Turmeric can be taken in capsule form too.
Quick link = Turmeric benefits
Ginger helps in the relief of joint and Muscle pain as it is anti-inflammatory. Use of 01 teaspoon of ginger daily helps in diminishing joint pain and arthritis symptoms.Use it in cooking meats, sprinkle on salads and eat it along with honey, it will benefit you in easing arthritis.Eating Raw Ginger is also good for health but in limited quantities.
Quick link = Benefits of ginger
20. Ginger Turmeric Tea To Ease Joint Pain
You can benefit from Turmeric and ginger combined also as both are anti-inflammatory and help in easing arthritis. They both can be used in form of a very spicy and delicious Ginger Turmeric Tea. Recipe is given below for quick arthritis pain relief.
- Boil 1 Cup of Water.
- Add 1/3 teaspoon each of ground turmeric and ground ginger.
- Let it simmer for a while and left for 10-15 minutes.
- After that add raw honey to enhance taste.
- A slice of lemon can also be used for your liking.
- Use two times a day.
19. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne has an ingredient called capsaicin which can be a great help in the removal of pain of joints.Mix a cup of apple cider vinegar with ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper and soak sore feet & hands in it for no more than 20 minutes at a time.Combine 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper and cocoa butter with ½ cup lanolin to make homemade cayenne cream and apply it to the inflamed joint to get effective joint pain relief.
18. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Massage the affected area of sore joint gently with Olive Oil and it will greatly relieve the joint pain and aches. Make sure to use it regularly to avoid arthritis symptoms.
- Take 02-03 tablespoons daily of olive oil as main components of olive oil is oleocanthal which hold inflammatory enzymes COX-1 and COX-2.
17. Green Tea
Green Tea Powder contains a natural antioxidant EGCG which stops the production of specific inflammatory chemicals in the body including the ones involved in Joint Pain. It is also very effective in providing instant arthritis pain relief.
16. Ice Pack
Swelling caused by Joint pain can be taken down by reducing flow of blood to that particular area by cooling the place with an ice rub.When you feel Joint Pain, place an ice pack on the area for 15 minutes in every hour and Reduce this practice to 4-5 times per day after 24 hours.
15. Warm Water
Tension and Soreness of a muscle can be reduced by first soaking it in warm water and then massaging the particular area to increase blood flow.
“Joint Pain or arthritis may be the worst pain a person ever have to bear but using above mentioned simple home remedies one can have great relief.”
14. Healthy Weight Maintenance
Extra Pounds can put extra pressure on joints and hence can be one of the most important joint pain causes.Reducing your weight by 5% of your total body weight can help in relieving joint pain to some extent.Consult your doctor for a healthy Diet Plan and Exercise schedule in order to maintain a healthy weight or reduce extra pounds.
Acupuncture is an antique Chinese Method that includes insertion of thin needles into the specific part of body which restores body balance and re-route energy.Acupuncture has capability to lessen joint pain. An experienced and good acupuncturist will be required if you want to use this method to get joint pain relief.
“Home Remedies are effective but can never be an alternate to the medicines prescribed by your doctor hence a medical treatment is also necessary in order to have a complete relief from Joint Pain.”
12. Exercise With A Low Impact To Relieve Joint Pain
Always consult your doctor to devise such a low impact exercise plan keeping in view your Joint pain so it can help you in relief of Joint Pain.Swimming & Walking can be good choices for the people with Joint Pain.Have warm up exercises before swimming and walking and cool yourself after walking. Avoid hilly and bumpy tracks. It is also very effective in reducing arthritis symptoms.
11. Rest And Relaxation
Rest & Relaxing your body and joints have such a great importance in the relief of Joint Pain.Healthy balance in life can be achieved by learning tips to reduce stress by adopting meditation & deep breathing methods.
10. Getting Enough Sleep
Proper sleep can also help in eliminating pain by resting the body.Consult your doctor if you are having trouble in having good sleep so he can help giving some medication to get arthritis pain relief.
Carrots are been used from ages as an effective method for aching joints or arthritis.Enjoy Raw or steamed carrots daily in order to avoid joint pain.Put some grated carrots in a bowl and put lemon juice over it to enhance flavor.Having Carrot and Lemon Juice can also be beneficial for Arthritis.
8. Fenugreek Seeds
Soak a teaspoon full of fenugreek seeds in the pure clean water for a night time.Drain the water from fenugreek seeds in the morning and munch the seeds. Taste will be bitter in beginning but will turn into sweet as you will continue chewing.The warm nature of fenugreek helps in the relief of joint pain and reducing arthritis symptoms.
7. Eat Onions More And More
Onions are a very popular anti-inflammatory food. Onion contains a substance called phytochemicals which enhances immune system of a human.The sulfur compounds present in onions have enzymes that lessen pain. Fresh onions have a painkilling influence which is very similar to the impact of morphine during the pain. So make sure to include onion in your diet for an effective joint pain relief.
6. Drink Plenty Of Water
There is a benefit of drinking more water which is very less known to common people which is that it relaxes tendon and Helps it keeping hydrated. Water also helps in maintaining a sufficient blood level so that nutrients can move easily through your blood and from there can move easily into the joints.Water also helps in removing aches from joints by moving waste materials away from joints. The gathering of waste materials in joint are one of the main joint pain causes.
5. Take More Magnesium
Magnesium is heavily needed by our body but cannot be made by ourselves. Magnesium is used in more than 300 various bio-mechanical processes and responses in our body. It comforts ournerve endings and muscles.It relieves soreness, stiffness and pain. It not only relaxes muscles and provides comfort in easing pain including arthritis and joint pain but it also helps bones to get necessary minerals to work properly. There are more than one ways to get additional magnesium and consume it for Joint Pain in particular.
- Magnesium in Supplement Form: You can use Magnesium in capsule form which is a very good thing to adding daily schedule of life. Magnesium capsules works best when you use then in combination with good and balanced diet.
- Magnesium rich food and Diet:You can provide magnesium to your body by eating magnesium rich foods which are high in magnesium contents. These foods include leafy greens vegetables in dark colors like spinach, beans and nuts.
- Use of Magnesium Oil: Magnesium oil can be found easily from a drug store. Apply Magnesium oil on the sore joint and apply some pressure and massage the place and it will definitely help in reducing joint pain. It is also very effective in providing arthritis pain relief.
4. White Willow Tea – (A Replacement To Aspirin)
White willow is so helpful because it contain a component called salicin. Salicin is transformed in the body into salicylic acid which is very matching and similar to acetyl salicylic acid, which is the very active part and ingredient of aspirin. As naturally occurring salicin is transformed after passing through the stomach of a human being, it causes less side effects or irritation to the body. It can be taken in capsule form or can be taken as a tea depending upon your likings. Make sure to follow these tips for effective joint pain relief using white willow.
- We will require below mentioned ingredients for making white willow tea.
- Chipped Willow Bark white one: 02 teaspoons (Or it can be used in powdered form).
- Water: 01 Cup
- Lemon or Honey: As per your taste and which satisfy your taste buds.
- Directions to make tea: Boil 01 cup of water equivalent to 8 oz. then let it simmer. Put 02 teaspoons full of chipped or powdered white willow bark and leave it steep for 15 minutes approximately. Remove it from heat and left it for half an hour more. Drink this tea twice a day. Put Honey and lemon to enhance flavor and taste as this tea is bitter in taste.
3. Garlic For Relief Of Joint Pain
You have to eat Garlic Cloves daily in order to get a relief from the Joint Pain. It can be taken in many different ways.Few garlic cloves can be fried in butter and eaten in the quantity of 02 to 04 cloves daily along with warm water and milk.Garlic can be used in form of garlic oil and have a massage of this oil relieves pain of joints. You can heat any good oil and put a few peeled cloves of garlic in it and let it on fire until these turns into a nice brown in color. Massage with this oil three times a day. This oil will have all the good affects and benefits of garlic which has miraculous affect in joint pain. It is also very beneficial in reducing arthritis symptoms.
2. Devils’ Claw
Devil’s claw is an herb found in the parts of Southern parts of Africa continent and cultivates in the areas of Madagascar and Savannah. In Africa it’s been a part of their folk medicines and is very popular and famous for its properties like anti-inflammatory.There are many studies carry on this plant and found it very useful in relieving Joint Pain. French markets are using Devil’s claw merchandises in greater quantities as a pain-relieving thing. Usual Recommend dosage is 01 teaspoon of this root in 250 ml of water. Soak and Dip it for a night long and drink the solution in the morning. Use it for 02-03 months once daily for best results.
1. Epsom Salt
This salt carries magnesium sulfate which is a powerful substance to get relief from pain.Take a large bowl and fill it with ½ cup of Epsom salt. Mix it and then soak your aching joints in the solution.Take a bath with Epsom salt. Fill a tub full of warm water with 2 cups of Epsom salt and Soak in it for 15 minutes to get relief from pain.
Do’s and Don’ts:
Although green tea is a natural tea and it has no chemicals or drugs added to added, still you need to make sure of certain things if you have critical health problems while consuming it.
- Consult your doctor before using turmeric and ginger if you are a high blood pressure patient because excessive use of both turmeric and ginger can affect in increasing blood pressure.
- For a better result use one or more of these remedies on daily basis.
- In order to avoid skin irritation be sure to avoid placing the ice pack directly on your skin.
- Excessive use of cayenne cream can cause skin irritation.
- If you have any skin allergy do not use above mentioned rubs or creams without consulting your doctor.