Yes, we believe beauty comes from within, but sometimes it needs a bit of polishing, and these beauty tips for women mentioned below, are meant to do exactly that!
Many at times I have seen woman fret over how they had a gorgeous complexion or such youthful skin, but time took it all away.
I have just one thing to say to them…
Don’t blame it on time! Yes, it is a fact that skin does lose its glow and hair lose its strength over time, but there is another important factor that has equal, sometimes, even more, effect on to your skin hair and body.
Your lifestyle. Your diet!
Another thing I would like to clear is that beauty doesn’t come over night. Yup, like every other thing, your skin and hair too require nurture. Just like a seed can’t grow into a healthy plant overnight, your skin and hair can’t either. You will see improvement, that’s for sure, but it may take days or even weeks. So don’t lose hope when the results aren’t instant!
Let’s begin, shall we?!
1. How to lighten underarms
Are you tired of those dark, patchy underarms? Here are a few beauty tips and beauty ingredients that are going to help get you rid of it.
Before moving towards the beauty tip, it’s necessary for you to know what causes the darkening of underarms.
Like any other portion of skin, underarms too get affected by harsh products.
Just like our skin tans under the sun, our underarms darken due to excessive application of;
- Hair removing creams
- Excess sweating
- Buildup of dead skin
To prevent the skin from turning darker any further, you will have to prevent the usage of the above-mentioned products and look for organic alternatives instead. This article here, will help you out in this regard.
Moving on to the tips,
There are several products that can be used, our favorite and most effective ones have been listed below:
- Potatoes: Yup, slice a potato and scrub the underarm area with it, at least twice a day. Within days you will be surprised with the amazing result!
- Lemon: Lemons are known for their color cutting property. Like potato, rub a lemon wedge over the affected area for good 5 minutes. Let the lemon juice stay for at least 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Baking soda: This magic ingredient is an all-rounder. Take a tbsp.of baking powder and mix it with few drops of water to make a paste out of it. Scrub the darkened underarms with it for 5 minutes and rinse with cold water. Repeat the process several times in a week for best results. This will not only lighten your underarms but also get you rid of the pungent bodily odor!
2. Blackhead removal 101
Blackheads can be a pain. Not only do they look nasty but aren’t so healthy for your skin either!
But first, let me tell you what causes them.
These annoying little head sprouts when the pores get clogged with excess sebum or dead skin cells.
But here are a few effective beauty tips for women that will help them get rid of it:
- Egg whites: Egg whites have become one of the most popular ways of getting rid of blackheads and keep them away for a while from your skin. Whip up egg whites until they form a nice fluffy paste. Apply to your nose and let it dry for a while. Once dried, wipe away with a wet facial tissue. Gone will be that egg white paste along with those nasty blackheads.
- Sugar scrub: Another way to get rid of blackheads is exfoliation. And nothing does it better than a homemade sugar scrub. Mix one cup brown sugar, with 4tbsps. of Jojoba oil and, there you have it! Exfoliate your skin with this mixture no more than thrice a week and you will be surprised with the results.
- Baking soda and water: This paste does wonders. Mix baking soda and water into a paste and massage it on the affected area. Rinse with water and dry. Apply a dab of moisturizer afterwards, to avoid drying the skin too much.
3. Treating sunburn
Got a nasty sunburn over the weekend and have a wedding to attend? This makes for the ultimate Uh-Oh situation!
In fact, wedding or not, sunburns are always a bummer. The itch, the nasty redness are too much to bare, even on a regular day!
What causes these sunburns are excess exposure to the sun. The top most skin protective layer gets damaged which results in redness and rash along with a constant feeling of burn and itch.
- Aloe vera gel: The most effective way to cure sunburn is by applying aloe vera. Aloe vera works as a soothing agent and also helps heal the burn as well as the redness.
- Ice the burn: Yup, keeping the rash cool helps heal it faster and keeps the itching and burning sensation at bay.
4. Strengthening those lashes
Well, we all love the amped up look of a full-blown set of lashes that gives beauty to our everyday makeup look. On days when we have an hour to get ready, most would opt for a pair of falsies. But if we are short on time, we can’t work our magic with little lashes that we naturally have. Thus, we get jealous of all those who have heavily lashed eyes!
Yup, putting on falsies every time you go out can be quite a task and mascara doesn’t give that volume.
- Don’t let the makeup stay for too long: Yup, make it a habit to remove any trace of makeup from the eye, or it might clog the pores and result in the breakage of eyelashes. Use wet wipes or makeup cleanser to remove makeup. Be gentle and avoid rubbing your eyes too hard.
- Ditch the curler: Curler tends to weaken the roots of the eyelashes which results in heavy breakage.
- Oil those lashes: Olive oil does wonders when it comes to strengthening and lengthening hair. My favorite, though, is castor oil which works better if lengthening the lashes is your plan. Dip a Q-tip or a clean mascara wand into the oil and apply it to your lashes.
5. Bid farewell to those strawberry legs
If you opt to remove hair via a razor, there is a 50% chance that you too face the problem of strawberry legs. This makes your legs feel nasty and not well-groomed.
These look like dark spots on the legs which appear due to the clogging of pores. When you shave the area, the pores open up which get filled with dirt and oil, resulting in blackish brown spots that resemble the black seeds on strawberries.
- Get it waxed: Switch to waxing as your hair removal method. The wax will not only remove these black spots but also stop them from coming back.
- Don’t forget to Scrub: Make it a habit to exfoliate skin with a scrub for 15 minutes. The exfoliation before shaving will get rid of the spots that are already there and will clean the skin off from dirt and oil. Seal skin with a toner.
6. Getting rid of dark circles
Those bags under the eyes, are they Prada or Gucci?
One thing, I’m sure of is that they are not a pleasant sight!
They make a person look ill and tired, all the time. Often, they would make eyes so puffy and dark that even the concealer would fail to hide them. But not after this tip came to my practice!
Dark circles can appear due to several reasons. Main being heredity, lack of sleep and the lesser known – lack of moisture.
- Tomato juice: Tomato juice works wonders when it comes to evening the dark circles and reducing the puffiness. To give a more lasting effect, take a tbsp. of lemon, dip a slice or wedge of tomato in it and rub under the eye. Let it stay for 5 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Potato juice: Another great thing that works is a potato wedge, it helps with both the discoloration as well as the puffiness. Like a tomato, rub a wedge or slice over the dark circles several times over the week and watch it work its magic!
Lastly, you are beautiful, just the way you are! Beauty is admirable especially the one in the soul! So embrace your inner beauty and rock on!