Weekends can be exhausting when you either do a lot of work or sulk in boredom, so here are 9 exciting healthy breakfast ideas to kick start your weekend plans!
Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas
1. Pancake and fruit skewers
First up is an all-time favorite, from the quick and easy breakfast recipes section of my personal cookbook.
To prepare this you will need:
*If you are willing to use a home-made pancake batter, follow this recipe.
*If you are short of time, grab a packaged pancake mix and prepare according to the instructions.
– Either way, on a low flame, put a frying pan and grease it lightly with butter.
– Once heated, pour no more than 1tsp of batter and cook as mentioned on the packaging.
– Make sure the pancakes are equally sized and no bigger than 1 inch in diameter.
– Once done, spread chocolate spread on one side of the pancake.
– Next, stop filling the skewers.
Here’s the order of ingredients that need to go in the skewer:
1. Pancake (chocolate side facing upwards)
4. pancake again
5. Banana again
And so it continues.
– Set it on a platter and drizzle with honey or caramel sauce, or may be both!
2. French-toast & berry stack
I have been in search of good breakfast recipes, since forever!
And I found this one over a year ago. It blows my family away, every time I make it!
Since French toast is a family favorite, here’s how I make it, to make my weekends all the more exciting and filled with energy!
For this drool-worthy treat, you will need:
First up, prepare a French toast batter with the following recipe:
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 tablespoons sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2 tablespoons milk
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Mix everything up in a whisk.
– Cut the bread using a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
– Soak the cut-out bread in the batter and heat a tablespoon of butter in a pan.
– Once done, fry the soaked toast in the melted butter until it is slightly crispy and golden brown.
Next up, stacking the tired French toast!
Spread a generous amount of cream on the first slice of French toast and layer it with a bunch of strawberry slices. Cover it with another slice of toast. Spread chocolate spread over this one, layer strawberries and cover it with the last heart-shaped toast ready to be served with a generous topping of strawberry syrup and dried raisins.
3. Breakfast ideas with eggs:
This surprisingly scrumptious breakfast recipe is liked by the little munchkins especially!
It is our everyday breakfast meal but with a twist!
All you will need is:
– With the help of a heart shape cutter, cut the bread from the center and remove the heart. You will now be left with the corners having a heart-shaped hole in the center.
– Heat a skillet and melt butter. Toast bread. (Both the heart-shaped cutout as well as the hollow corners)
– Crack and egg and pour in the heart shaped hollow center of the bread and let it cook.
– Season generously with spices and serve hot.
*To notch this dish up a little, you can also add several toppings to it such as scallions, cheese, and bacon.
4.Breakfast in a mug deal
My family loves innovation more than anything and when I put this delicious treat in front of them, you cannot imagine how excited they were to dig in!
Here’s what you will need:
Grab a coffee mug from your kitchen top and layer the ingredients in the following order:
– First up, bread. Line the base as well as the sides of the mug with bread.
– Like wise add ham or turkey or bacon, or shredded chicken. (pssst, I add all three)
– Crack an egg over the bedding of meat.
– Season with scallions, salt, and pepper.
– Top it with a handful of cheddar
– Bake for 25 mins at 180C.
– Serve immediately and enjoy the praises 😉
5. One bowl, pull apart bread
Sometimes weekends can make you lazy, and this amazing breakfast recipe works just fine in such cases. With its one bowl – no mess or clean-up deal, it is always a win-win situation!
All you need is:
– A tin of ready to cook bite-sized biscuit dough.
– 2 tbsps. Freshly, minced garlic.
– 2 tbsps. Melted butter
– Chopped bacon
– Sliced scallions
– Handful of cheese
– Grease a baking pan and add all the ingredients and toss well. Continue spreading until everything incorporates well.
– Put the tray in the oven and bake them for 25 mins at 190C.
– Serve hot with a sauce of your choice. We prefer to have Ranch.
Try this fool-proof recipe and I can guarantee, you won’t be disappointed!
6. French, savory roll ups
This treat is a super savior when it comes to making breakfast that is jam-packed with energy and suitable for people of all ages. Weekend breakfasts are made super easy and exciting with this delightful recipe.
Here what you will need to grab:
– Sliced bread
– 1 egg.
– 2tbsps. Milk
– ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
– ½ tsp mustard paste
– 2 tbsps butter
– First up, whisk together egg, milk, seasoning, cayenne pepper and mustard paste and set aside.
– Next up, take sliced bread and flatten it with a rolling pin.
– Next, roll the sausage on the flattened bread and dip in egg batter.
– Let it get coated for a couple seconds and then fry on a skillet with butter.
– Serve with an optional serving of sour cream or mayo-garlic dip.
This one here is kids special but adults love devouring this colorful treat the same as any kid!
This treat is one of those messy recipes that you might not like. But, nothing beats the lovable expressions of your family members when you place this divine treat on the breakfast table, right?
And here’s a little heads up, kids don’t only love eating this right off from the skillet but love making them too! It’s like the perfect weekend package.
You will need:
– A waffle iron
– Waffle mix
– Purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red food colors.
– Piping bags
– To prepare a waffle mix, you can follow this recipe; perfect for crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside, waffles.
– Divide the prepared waffle mix into 6 batches, and add different food colors, into each.
– Mix well and pour into piping bags, for a mess-free, cookout.
– Now, heat a waffle iron and carefully pour batter into the iron, starting from the center, in the given order: Purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red.
– Cook according to the waffle iron’s instruction manual.
Serve either hot or cold, but don’t forget to add a scoop of ice-cream along with a dollop of whipped cream and to fancy things up, a spoonful of chocolate chips and sprinkles!
If this doesn’t put a smile on your loved one’s face, I don’t know what will!
8. Loaded potato
This goody good breakfast recipe is for all the lazy bums out there who are determined to kick-start the weekend with a special breakfast meal! But, getting out of bed and preparing something as special seems quite a task for them!
So here’s a recipe that tastes and looks AH-MAZING, with nothing but half the effort.
All you need are:
– With a sharp knife, put thin cuts on the potato, not cutting it all the way, but deep enough to stuff cheese, ham, and seasoning in it.
– Once cut, add strips of cheese, bits of ham, layer with butter and sprinkle loads of seasoning.
– Bake at 190C for 55 mins.
– Tastes best when served hot!
9. Cheesy, potato pancakes
Pancakes are the best breakfast staple, but having them on weekends can be plain old boring! So here’s a recipe that excites things up and makes weekend breakfast enjoyable as ever!
All you need is:
– Mashed potatoes (leftovers work fine)
– Handful of chopped scallions
– A cup of thickly shredded cheddar.
– Seasoning according to taste
– Mix all ingredients well. Heat 3tbsps of oil in a skillet over medium heat separately.
– Once heated, make medium sized patties out of the mixture and fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
PS. Add an egg, if the mixture looks dry.
Enjoy these scrumptious little treats with a spoonful of cream cheese and salsa for a perfect way to start the weekend.
Accelerate your weekend breakfast game up by getting this printable menu and make weekend mornings all the more lively and blissful!