Hair completes a women and her styling. A beautiful hair, meet wardrobe, style compliments the personality of a women and make her stand in the list of attractive ones. Different women have different types of hair where some have silky and straight hair and others have curly hair. But women are always ungrateful, so the one’s having curly hair finds straight hair more expressive and want to have them and one’s having straight hair wants curls in their hair. For some people curly hair is gift while for others it is a curse. These people want to get rid of them.
All hair type is good, in my opinion but the opinion of women are different about their hairstyles and most particularly about curly hair. The summary of their problems related to curly hair is:
- Curly hair is difficult to clutch and difficult to comb.
- Styling takes a long time and often gets on nerves if you have to attend a function.
- Dying curly hair is the worst nightmare one can have.
To all the women out there who are concerned about how do you make your hair grow, we would now suggest to not panic. Actually we cannot change the fact that we have naturally curly hair but yes we can now manage them with care. We have a list of some home remedies through which you can manage your curly hair and can carry them with grace. You can now try different hair styles to compliment your dresses and flaunts the shine of your hair among your colleagues and fellows. Here is the list:
15. Carbonated Water Rinse
Humidity causes hair curls that are difficult to undone. Carbonated water is such a solution that helps in this scenario and work for you to reduce fuzziness. It also helps to make hair soft, smooth and shiny. Carbonated water is actually plain water imparted with carbon dioxide. It has low pH level which helps reduce curls in hair.
But don’t use carbonated water directly on your hair as it can be a little dangerous. The best way to use it is:
- For use dilute carbonated water with plain water in your bath tub.
- Shampoo your hair, and take it off using plain water.
- Use the diluted water for a final rinse for your hair.
Here you go, now let your hair air dry to see the result. This really works for long curly hair.
14. Milk And Rose Rinse
Blessing to newlywed couple in Indian language relates milk for their health. It is a well-known fact that milk is a healthy diet having so many benefits on your body parts including hair. In ancient times women took bath with milk for the health and shine of their hair. So, milk and rose is a natural combination which redeems the health of any type of hair. You can use this remedy to your curly hair by following the steps below:
- Before taking bath add some petals of rose in the milk and left the mixture until absorbed.
- Take bath properly and wash the shampoo in your hair with plain water.
- Use this milk and rose petal mixture for a final rinse.
Perform this procedure at least once in 2 weeks and see the result in your hair yourself. Its amazing remedy for people with naturally curly hair.
13. Yogurt Mask
Yogurt is a white creamy food made of milk and has some strong and important properties to help curly hair and even skin. If some one of you has interest in history, you might hear that Cleopatra was also famous to take bath with yogurt to look young. Yogurt is a natural conditioner and has magical effects on curly hair.
- Take 1 cup of yogurt and mix 1 tbsp olive oil in it.
- Mix the material.
- This mixture can now be used as a conditioner on your hair.
- Apply it to your hair and keep it for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with water.
Shampoo your hair for a pleasant odor and get natural curly hair.
‘Make different hair styles easily with your curly hair after managing them with the listed home remedies and get compliments from others. Follow the above mentioned home remedies to make your curly hair easy to manage and increase their softness.’
12. Henna Conditioner
Henna is a natural herbal powder. From ancient times till now, it has been a most popular hair coloring product. There are also many products in market which claims to color your hair without disturbing its natural properties but no one among them is trustworthy.
Henna is not only used for coloring your hair but it also increases their shine, prevents dandruff. It is also a natural conditioner and prevents hair loss. Because of all these benefits, its best remedy for curly hair to increase their shine, glow and make them soft and enjoyable.
- Take 2 cups of henna.
- Mix 2 tbsp of lemon juice to it.
- Add and egg and stir the mixture.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil (Olive, Mustard or Coconut oil) and mix all these ingredients after adding some water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair starting from scalps.
- Let the paste dry for at least 2 hours and then wash your hair with water.
- Follow the same procedure at least once in two months to get beautiful long curly hair.
11. Coconut Oil Or Olive Oil
In our childhood grannies always tell us the story of Rapunzel and her long, shiny and strong hair to encourage our mind for regular oiling practice. But now we all know that those were not just stories but actual truths about oiling and its benefits. People think that curly hair is difficult to get long but I advise using regular oil with coconut or olive oil and watch your hair grow. Oiling actually regulates the blood flow and strengthens the roots of hair. You must simply follow the procedure regularly and after that wash your hair with a good shampoo to get the results. Its really an amazing treatment for naturally curly hair.
10. Banana Peels Conditioner
My sister had curly hair and she was unable to manage them as they were rough and dull and take a lot of time and energy to comb. She suddenly started taking stress of this thing and stopped combing her hair. The things got worse when some day she had to attend a party and she combed and ironed her hair. Her hair got so weak that a significant amount of hair breaks and gets into the comb. That was the moment when we consulted dermatologists and got to know a very useful and cheap remedy. He recommended banana peel conditioner which is an excellent conditioner for hair health and its shine. In days my sister got its hair back and she is now satisfied while combining her hair. Banana peels are especially very effective for people with natural curly hair.
You can make a conditioner with banana peels by simply following these steps:
- Grind 2-3 Banana Peels and put that paste in a pot.
- Add 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp glycerin and 1 tbsp castor oil in that paste.
- Stir all the ingredients until it is blend.
- Now your conditioner is ready to use.
- Apply the conditioner to hair for 20 minutes, until it is soaked.
Rinse your hair with cold water. You will see the difference after first wash.
9. Aloe Vera Treatment
Aloe Vera is an herb whose gel is used in different medicines as well as for the treatment of hair. It removes fizziness from hair and makes them soft and shiny. For Aloe Vera to work better for your curly hair, you can combine it with other ingredients. Here are some tips to get beautiful long curly hair.
- Take a sprig of aloe Vera and shave it to get to the gel inside.
- Make a paste of the gel by grinding it.
- Add 2 tbsp coconut oil to dilute the paste.
- Add lemon juice to the paste and stir it till it is blend.
- Apply this paste gently on your hair starting from the scalp and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water and then shampoo them.
The moment your hair dry, comb them and you will see the miracle.
8. Mayonnaise And Avocado Conditioner
Another very effective and easy to go with remedy for curly hair is homemade conditioner including mayonnaise and avocado. This conditioner will also help remove the fuzziness of naturally curly hair and make them shine.
- Take an avocado, cut it in half and grind it to make a paste.
- Mix 1 cup mayonnaise with that paste and stir it.
- Now the conditioner is ready. Apply it to your hair and rub it across like oiling.
Leave it for 20 minutes and after that wash your hair with cold water.
7. Vinegar Rinse
Tight curls are no longer a problem until you have something like vinegar at help. Vinegar and most commonly apple cider vinegar is another effective remedy to prevent fuzziness. It acts like a conditioner on dry hair and also removes lice from children’s hair. It also helps prevent the dandruff from your natural curly hair.
Read also = How to get rid of lice
Vinegar maintains the required pH level in hair and make the hair shiny and smooth. Its application to hair is more or less same a carbonated water:
- Dilute simple or apple cider vinegar with equal amount of water.
- After shampoo, rinse your hair with help of this diluted solution.
- Let it stay in your hair for some time and then wash hair with cold water.
Follow the same procedure every month.
6. Eggs Mask
Eggs are dairy products and can be used to get many health benefits. Egg whitening is used as anti-aging remedy and is also good for skin health. Eggs are very high in protein. They add moisture to your health and helps restore their actual beauty. But using only eggs can cause dryness to hair so it is better to use them with other useful ingredients. The best egg mask for hair can be prepared as:
- Take two eggs and beat them.
- Add 2 tbsp almond oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice in it and stir this mixture until blend.
- Apply the mixture on your hair gently starting at scalp for 5 minutes.
Wash your hair with water and feel the softness in your hair. It works especially well for long curly hair.
5. Hibiscus Conditioner
Hibiscus flower is another excellent, rich in nutrients, home remedy for curly hair management. The juice of this flower acts as a natural conditioner for hair. Apart from juice, the tea of this flower is also available in market which is good for hair growth. Let us take a look, how we can make a conditioner for naturally curly hair with the help of this flower at home:
- Take 2-3 hibiscus flowers and split its petals.
- Grind the petals of this flower by adding a little water in it.
- For better results, also add honey and lemon juice to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash the hair with water but do not shampoo till 24 hours else the effect will be vanished.
Repeat the procedure when needed.
4. Lemon Rinse
Despite its size, the health qualities a lemon possess is unbelievable. Lemon reduces dandruff, adds shine to your hair and removes itchiness to scalp. I have already highlighted lemon being used with many other ingredients for curly hair. Simple lemon rinse itself is also a good home remedy to use for reducing dandruff in curly hair.
- Take a lemon and squeeze it to get its juice.
- Dilute it by adding equal amount of water to it.
- Rinse your hair with this juice starting from scalp.
- Use this procedure daily to get dandruff free hair in a month.
Flaunt the curls with full confidence after applying this home remedy. For natural curly hair, this remedy is really effective.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a natural alternate of shampoo. It can be used to wash hair (of all types). I am not going into the chemistry to explain the molecular structure of this compound to justify my point but you have to believe me on this. Baking soda is not just good to clear strains from your clothes but it also cleanses your hair like a shampoo does. When applied to frizz hair it loosens the curls and gave them more shine. Then why don’t we use it at first place instead of using those chemical filled shampoo. It works especially well for long curly hair. It is very easy to apply on the hair; you just need to follow the mentioned steps:
- Take half of a cup of baking soda.
- Add warm water to it to dissolve.
- Once it is done, apply to the hair and massage for 5 minutes.
Rinse with clear water.
2. Beer Rinse
Beer especially dark beer is a good solution to rinse your curly hair to make them soft and loose curls.
- After a regular bath, pour dark beer in your hair.
After 5 minutes, rinse your hair with cold water to remove smell and get beautiful shining naturally curly hair.
1. Avocado Mask
Avocado is a fruit containing different minerals, vitamins and other essential nutrients for hair and skin care. Because of its moisturizing property and different other useful ingredients, it is the best remedy for curly hair so far. In fact, in summer season when dehydration causes dryness to your hair it keeps your hair hydrated. Avocado can be used in different ways for different hair problem of natural curly hair, some of them are as follows:
- Avocado oil can be used for hair growth and nourishment.
- One avocado mash with 2 tbsp of yogurt acts as a hair mask for shiny and soft hair.
- One mash avocado with equal amount of mash banana and 2 tbsp lemon juice can be a good solution for dandruff free curly hair.
Listed are some of the suitable home remedies for curly hair but while adopting these remember some Do’s for better results and Don’ts to avoid any kind of harsh circumstances. This list will help you understand what is best for your curly hair and what steps should be taken for their management. Have a look:
- Always try to comb your hair before taking shower.
- Use shampoo containing low PH to protect your naturally curly hair.
- If your hair is dry, use conditioner regularly.
- Always use a heat protective serum when styling your hair with a straightener.
- Trim your hair every 2 months to avoid split ends.
- Use a wide angled brush for curly hair and brush hair more often.
- Don’t comb your hair when they are wet to avoid hair loss.
- Don’t wash your hair every day.
- Avoid frequent use of styling iron and blow dryer.