Piercing of the inner cartilage of the ear is known as daith piercing. In the recent past, daith piercing has become a favorite piercing of the trend lovers. Daith piercing healing process is a bit slow because of the sensitivity of the ear. Daith piercing healing is a bit painful because of the fact that cartilage is very sensitive part of our ear.
People who are interested in daith piercing have certain questions in their mind regarding various aspects of the healing like daith piercing healing time, pain level of the daith piercing, and best ways to get pierced etc. The list of questions is very vast, isn’t it?
Keeping all of these aspects in mind, we are writing this article to help out the trendy guys to get a proper daith piercing. We are going to discuss all of the issues and ways regarding the sensitive daith piercing.
Before reveling the secrets of daith piercing healing, let me share some key information regarding several aspects of this piercing.
What is Daith Piercing?
Most of the people don’t exactly know about the term daith piercing. It is because of the fact that it is a fairly new trend in the market as compared to the other piercings.
The cartilage above the tragus piercing area is used for the daith piercing. This makes it clear that it is an inner pert of the ear. This cartilage is quite thick as compared to the tragus.
How long does the daith take to heal?
Healing time is an important factor in any kind of the piercing. In case of daith piercing, the wound takes about six to seven week to heal completely.
Believe me or not, most of the people are afraid of this piercing because of the fact that healing time of the piercing isn’t short.
Moreover, it is also an important factor that daith is very sensitive part of the ear. If not done properly, daith piercing can cause you severe hearing problems. Therefore, it is mandatory to take proper care and to complete the piercing in a professional way.
Pain Levels in the Daith Piercing
Because of the sharp instruments and latest technology, pain level during piercing has been reduced to a bearable level. People face pain once the piercer removes the needle from the piercing area.
Moreover, the pain is very temporary and it keep reducing as the daith piercing healing time extends. In short, you are gonna face a temporary pain which is very natural. Therefore, there’s nothing to worry about because this pain isn’t permanent.
Infections related with Daith Piercing
A minute infection in the piercing area is normal and you must not worry about it. But, if daith piercing healing time is extending too much and you are still feeling the same amount of pain you felt at the first day, you are suffering from a potential infection.
Redness around the piercing area as well as swelling of the ear lobe are few common indications that you have some kind of infection down there.
It is highly recommended to take a closer look at the piercing area. You must consult your physician because cartilage is a very sensitive area and you can suffer from hearing loss if the infection prolongs.
Therefore, it is mandatory to consult a doctor. Some people try to figure out the solution on their own, but I will not recommend it especially in the daith piercing – it’s a matter of hearing!
What are the most painful piercings?
Many people are curious to know about the most painful piercings because they just want to make their mind about the pain level that they are going to bear before visiting the piercer.
To help out those guys, we are going to share certain aspects of the piercings that are commonly done. Moreover, you must keep it in mind that pain level of the piercing can vary from person to person and especially it depends upon area of piercing.
You must have seen few people are very reluctant to get an injection because they have a strong internal fear of pain. They feel that it’s gonna hurt us too much. The point I am trying to make is, up to some extent it depends upon your mindset that how you are going to face the issue.
If you have a feeling that piercing hurts too much, you will get unbearable pain even from the most common and least painful piercing i.e. ear lobe piercing.
On the other hand, if you are strong enough to make your mind that it’s just a matter of seconds and that’s it! You will surely feel quite low pain even if you are going through the most painful piercing i.e. genitals piercing.
Aftercare Instructions for the Daith Piercing Healing
Aftercare is the most important aspect in any kind of treatment as well as piercing. Since daith piercing is done at a sensitive spot therefore its aftercare is mandatory and very important.
Daith piercing healing time is quite large as compared to the other casual piercings. It can take from 6 weeks to one year to heal completely. Therefore, aftercare is very important to boost the healing process and to shorten the healing time up to the maximum extent.
We are going to share best after care instructions for the daith piercing healing that will surely help you to get a perfect and infection free healing of the piercing.
- Salted water is the best way to clean the piercing area on daily basis. You must clean the piercing area at least two to three times a day. For cleaning the piercing with the salted water, soak a cotton ball in the salted water and move it gently around the piercing area. Don’t press it too hard. The goal is to clean the piercing area – not to bleed.
- Avoid using normal perfume soaps on the pierced area. It is highly recommended to clean the area with the mild soaps. The best thing you can try in the shower are baby soaps and shampoos because they are made from natural resins and don’t have an irritation element. Moreover, you will not feel any kind of burn around the ear if you are using a mild product.
- Never rub the pierced area with the normal towel we use for the other body parts. It is probably the worst thing to do on a newly pierced area. Instead, gently dry the daith piercing area with the paper tissues.
- Regularly clean your ear canal to get rid of the earwax. Earwax material contains fair amount of germs and infection spreading bacteria that can cause infection in the ear as well as around the pierced area. Therefore, it is highly recommended to clean the earwax.
- Keep the daith piercing area frictionless! Don’t rub it. Moreover, try to put and remove hats or scarves as gently as you can. Any kind of rubbing can cause you pain as well as the wound can start bleeding.
- Don’t forget to change the bed sheets and pillow sheets at least once a week because infection can come from sleeping on the dirty bed sheet.
- Don’t expose the piercing area to any kind of cosmetics. Gently cover up the piercing area while you are using shampoo, perfumes, or body lotion.
- Avoid any kind of physical activity that can put stress on the piercing area. Quit using of the headphones and ear buds in the case of daith piercing.
What NOT to do during the daith piercing healing?
- Brush your hairs carefully. Moreover, not only keep the daith dry but also keep the surrounding area as much dry as you can. Dry your hairs immediately – with the hair dryer.
- Be careful with the comb or hairbrush. So that it could not touch the pierced area.
- Avoid consumption of the blood thinners during the daith piercing healing. Alcohol, caffeine containing drinks, and excessive use of aspirin can make you blood thinner.
- Soaps, hair oils, hear cream and gels, and balms etc. can extend the daith piercing healing time therefore avoid applying it especially in the early days of the piercing.
- Avoid playing the jewelry of the newly pierced body area. It will surely put you in pain as well as discomfort.
- Changing the jewelry is prohibited unless until the wound is completely healed.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands or clean them with some hand sanitizer before touching the jewelry or getting in touch with the pierced area.