Keeping the skin hydrated even in the summers should be made a practice but during the winters it must be made an essential practice. Without doing so your skin won’t last longer as a healthy one and you would feel the ultimate dryness throughout your body. These days you see a lot of branded moisturizers to hydrate the skin which are no doubt good but expensive. Whereas on the other hand if you consider the naturally moisturizing agents they are far more healthier for the skin as they are free of any chemicals and are also very economical on the pocket. So, you can try any of the moisturizers we have given below and see what suits your skin the best and save some money along with an additional benefit of natural and chemical free item.
A hydrated and enrichment moisturized skin leads to wrinkle free face. So, find out the best way to hydrate your skin naturally and look younger.
15. Milk Cream
Not many people know about it but It is one of the best moisturizer for dry skin. A layer that develops on the upper surface of the milk is usually the fatty layer which known as ‘milk cream’. It is very easily formed on the surface of the milk, if you keep the milk in a bowl or a wok untouched for half an hour or more the layer forms automatically. Some people love having this cream applying on a piece of bread while others benefit by using it as a moisturizer. Here are few tips about how to get smooth skin and getting rid of dry and dull one.
- Milk cream consists of lactic acid which exfoliates the skin and helps to retain its moisture.
- Mix together one tablespoon of milk cream, one teaspoon of milk and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your skin half an hour before taking a shower.
14. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a DIY item which is used by many moisturizing brands as a part of their ingredient because of its good hydrating feature. It contains fatty acids which are good to compensate for any loss of moisture for the skin. Coconut oil is also used as hair oil and its sweet smell is used in many creams to make their fragrance better. All these amazing qualities make it the best moisturizer for dry skin.
- Applying coconut oil daily after a bath will help the skin stay hydrated and soft throughout the day.
- Moistening the body with coconut oil before going to bed is another way to get up with a softer smoother skin.
Yogurt is available in almost every other home. Its usefulness does not only end up in the kitchen and in the food items but it is also very useful as beauty agent. Yogurt is supposed to be anti-inflammatory and anti- which reduces the itchiness on the skin and not only this its lactic acid present also helps to kill the bacteria present which might cause the skin to go with rashes and itchy. If you’re looking for some effective home remedies for itchy skin, make sure to eat yogurt regularly. Benefits of yogurt also include its being an excellent moisturizing agent.
- Blending 3 tablespoons of papaya with half a cup of yogurt plus adding a few drops of lemon juice will make a perfect moisturizer for oily skin which you can apply once as week for 10 minutes on the skin.
- Or you simply apply yogurt directly on the skin before going for a bath.
12. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties for combating any dry and flaky skin. Aloe Vera could be easily grown in every house and its gel could be used for so many different purposes. Drinking its juice is also recommended to enjoy the amazing Aloe Vera juice benefits for skin and overall health. The good thing about aloe vera is that it is also known as the best moisturizer for oily skin. Besides skin, the benefits of Aloe Vera gel for hair are also really amazing.
- Squeeze aloe vera from its leaves good enough to apply on the skin.
- Apply the gel on and wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Repeat it twice in a day.
11. Butter Mask
There are various body butters available in the market these days. These body butters come in different flavors, brands and sizes but definitely contain chemicals. So, one can go for natural butter found in the market and apply on the skin to keep it hydrated. Its one of the best home remediesyou can try.
- Take a table spoon of butter and blend it with a little quantity of water.
- Apply this mixture on the skin.
- Let it stay for a few minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
“Hydrate your skin with the best of natural products and help yourself attain a smooth and soft skin.”
Vitamin A is very healthy for the skin as it helps repair it and avocados are rich in vitamin A, hence avocado is said to be a really good moisturizer for dry skin. Besides this avocados contain anti-oxidants and fatty acids to keep the healthy and hydrated. So make sure to add it in your regular diet to enjoy the amazing health benefits of avocado.
- Blend the avocados to make it pulpy. Then apply this pulp on the skin for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Or you can mix the pulp of avocados with honey and apply it on the skin for 15 minutes.
This is not only a smiple but also considered as the best moisturizer for oily skin. Health benefits of oatmeal are numerous. Skin cells are protein in nature, where protein acts as a barrier for the body to prevent the entrance of any foreign body. Oatmeal is rich in proteins and hence healthy for the skin. It is also anti-inflammatory in nature and contains anti-oxidants.
- Mix a ripe banana with a small amount of oatmeal and apply it on the skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
- Blend oatmeal with milk and apply it on the skin for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
8. Almond Oil
Almond oil is non greasy in nature and contains vitamin E in it. Having vitamin E in it makes it a good moisturizer for oily skin. It’s highly recommended if you want to know how to get flawless skinnaturally.
- Applying almond oil on the skin daily makes it smoother,
- Applying almond oil mixed with a few drops of rosewater is also another way to apply it on the skin.
Lactic acid found in milk helps to exfoliate the skin soft and smooth. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- One can simply apply milk on skin by drenching a cotton ball in milk and then dabbing it on the skin. You can let it stay on the skin for a few minutes and the wash it.
- You can also mix a few drops of honey in milk and apply on the skin for a smoother and moisturized skin. Rinses it off after 15 minutes.
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil is by far one of the best oils which is to be found for the body. You can use it in salads, for cooking purpose and as well as on the skin. From ancient times we’ve been using olive oil for hairproblems. It contains fatty acids which are good to moisturize the skin. People with high cholesterol can go for extra virgin olive oil as it helps to cut down LDL (low density lipid) in the body and increase HDL (high density lipid).
- Moisturize your skin before going for bath with olive oil.
- And after a bath you can apply it lightly on the skin.
- You may also combine it with brown sugar and apply it before a bath.
“Keeping the skin moisturized is the best way to make it stay happy and healthy, so read about the natural moisturizers and give your skin the best of treatments.”
Honey is one the best forms of food on earth. Besides being good in taste it has numerous health benefits attached to it. It helps to keep the skin hydrated and locks in the moisture in the skin. It also contains vitamins which are good for the skin.
- One can simply apply honey on the skin for half an hour and rinse it off with cold water.
- Or one can combine honey with a few drops lemon and milk and apply it in the skin. Let it stay for 15 minute and then wash it away.
Banana is also said to be good for the skin. The health benefits for bananas are really unbelievable for skin and your overall health.
- Mash a ripe banana and mix two tablespoons of yogurt in it.
- Apply it on the face for 15 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
3. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil is extracted from the mustard seeds. It is used in certain counties as a cooking oil while some of them even use it as hair oil as mustard oil is supposed to be the best hair oil.
- Mustard oil is used for massaging the babies to make their skin softer and better.
- It could also be used by the adults for the similar purpose.
- And besides a lot of beneficial properties of mustard oil, it is also used as a coagulant is the skin starts to bleed.
2. Sunflower Oil
Sun flower oil though a little expensive but is very good for the skin to use as a moisturizer for dry skin. It is thin and slippery and works well on the skin. Sun flower oil is also used for cooking.
1. Grape Seed Oil
Grape seed oil comes from the seeds of pressed grapes, used on the making of wine.
- Grape seed oil contains vitamin C which helps brighten the skin.
- Grape seed oil also helps to reduce the fine lines on the skin.
- Irrespective of any skin type it is good for them and helps to moisten skin.
- For a less dry skin avoid excessive exposure under water.
- Use a soap which moisturizes the skin
- Always use a moisturizer after washing your hands face or post bathing.
- Wear socks and gloves to avoid dryness and cracked heels during winter.
- Use a humidifier in the room for hydrated skin.
- Drink lots of water in order to keep the skin hydrated.
- Always moisturize your skin before sleeping.