Coming up with ideas for wedding gifts for couples is quite difficult, especially if they are a close friend or relative. You want to think outside the box and not only go along with their registry and buy something they expect. You want to purchase a gift that represents how special they are to you and how happy you are for the newlyweds. Unfortunately thoughtful presents like that do not come cheap. You have a budget to follow as well. So, sadly you end up buying whatever is affordable enough for you, in the registry.
Being a close friend of the bride or groom, there also comes certain expectations when it comes to gifts. People expect you to spend a pretty penny on the present and that the present needs to be a special one too. The advantage here, however, is that you know the couple pretty well to guess what they could want or need as they go ahead and start their new lives together. But to come up with creative wedding gift ideas for someone that you are not as close with, can be tough! Well, you do not need to fret anymore because we have compiled a list of wedding gift ideas that are not only amazing but will also save you those precious dimes!
Wedding Gifts for Couples Already Living Together
If the couple is already living together, then that means they do not need furnishings or décor for a new home. That also means you can buy them something creative and special to commemorate the start of a new chapter of their lives.
- You can sign the couple up for classes of a fun activity that they have always wanted to do together, like cooking or dancing. That would be fun for them and will earn you some good friend points as well.
- You can get them a customized map art framed that either shows their hometowns or the place where they met and fell in love. It is classy and cute yet would be a lovely addition to their mementoes!
- You can buy luggage set for their honeymoon trip so they can travel in style.
- You can get their names monogrammed on ‘his and her’ towel sets as a nice little present.
Wedding Gifts for Couples Moving Abroad
Many couples move abroad after getting married which means they would need a lot of stuff to start over in a new city, with new people and surroundings. Wedding gifts for couples like that can include something as a memento from their old town so that they can keep it forever. OR you could get them something that would help them settle in their new lives.
- You can get them a cute kitchen utensil set so they can start furnishing their home with a little less worry.
- You can buy appliances for them that are usually costly. In this way, you would also be helping them in decorating their new home.
- A set of four Orrefors Crystal glasses will not be an elegant gift but would be good for the couple who loves to drink in style.
- You could also get the couple an antique handicraft item that represents their local culture so they can keep it as a souvenir, to cherish the place where they come from.
Wedding Gifts for Couples Who Have Everything
Finding gifts for newlyweds is hard enough, but if the couple seems to have everything they could want or need, it becomes even more difficult! You brainstorm to the point of giving yourself a headache because you just cannot think of what to give someone that does not require much. The only obvious option left is sentimental presents but even then, some people are not as emotional and do not appreciate gifts like that. And that leaves you in a difficult place!
Most of the stuff online is too expensive or does not seem enough. Worry no more because here is a list of things that you can get the happy couple that they could both appreciate and use.
- A custom couple and pet silhouette portrait may seem costly to you, but if you save enough, you can afford to buy it. This framed picture would surely win them over and end up hanging on their wall.
- There are many cute and stylish ‘his and hers’ gifts that you could get, including watches, towels, robes, etc.
- You can get a sweet ‘story of us’ printed frame that shows the bits and pieces of how the couple met and fell in love. Even if they are not sentimental, they would love this gift because of its creative factor.
- You can buy a stylish wool throw or blanket so that whenever the couple cuddles, they would be thankful to you.
When you go to a wedding, you want your gift to be well-received and liked by the newlyweds. A gift represents how happy you are for the couple to be tying themselves together in such a permanent way. That is why, it is best to make sure to get a gift that you know the couple would want. To get them something that they already have or do not need would be a waste of your money, for sure. Plus, it would make the couple disappointed which is not something you would want, at all!
In this article, we listed the best wedding gifts for bride and groom that you are close acquaintances with. We compiled a list of various types of good wedding gifts that you could give to couples who live together, are moving abroad or seem to have everything. We have hopes that this article helped you figure out what gifts to buy since the wedding season is upon us! You probably already have many invitations to weddings, and that means you have to go on a shopping spree soon. But with this list, you will be able to shop quickly for the wedding gifts for couples without having to worry about your budget or thinking of what to get.