1500 studies have been launched so far, by various researchers, to extract the benefits of coconut oil.
Why did they go through so much hassle, they should’ve just asked gazillion conscious girls out there (including me)?
If you think, no girl must’ve cried more, than when Leo was drowning in titanic; darling, you haven’t seen a girl panic when she loses hair, or gains an extra pound!
Hair fall and weight gain is worse than an F in math. Math will not get us handsome men! HAIR AND A FLAWLESSLY SHAPED BODY WILL!
Coconut oil is not just any remedy. It’s the most effective one and many people don’t seem to realize its worth.
Recent studies have revealed facts which explain what lies behind the magic of this fruit! Coconut is full of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), these unique fats include:
- Caprylic acid
- Lauric acid
- Capric acid
Around 62% of the oils in coconut are made up of these 3 healthy fatty acids, and 91% of the fat in coconut oil is healthy saturated fat.
Most of the fats that we consume from other plants and fruits take longer to digest but MCFAs found in coconut oil works uniquely.
The components that are present in this type of oil are subjected to a 3-step process to turn into fuel, while other fats have to go through a 26-step process! This eccentric feature allows coconut oil to show results faster than any other oil that goes in our system.
5 Benefits of Coconut Oil on Skin, Hair and Face
1. Get rid of Dandruff
Yes! You heard that right!
Are you another devastated user of expensive shampoos that only show effects in advertisements?
Are you embarrassed of the very prominent dandruff particles in your hair that, sometimes, falls at your clothes and you have to pretend like it was just snow?
If yes, then coconut oil is your ultimate solution to the nasty “white particle” issue!
To get rid of dandruff and to thicken hair, massage 1 tbsp coconut oil mixed with 10 drops of rosemary essential oil into your scalp for 3 minutes. Then shower 30 minutes later.
This is just one way to use it. You can use raw coconut oil, without any mixture, or mix it with your favourite ingredients.
Regardless, it is sure to show changes sooner than any other product.
2. Solution to Various skin Issues
Burns, eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis are names of few of the many skin diseases that have been affecting skins since a very long time.
The fatty acids (Caprylic and Lauric) in coconut oil reduce inflammation internally as well as externally and moisturizes the skin.
This oil also protects the skin by using antioxidants which are ideal for healing. In addition, the antimicrobial properties balance out the Candida or fungal sources that can cause many skin conditions.
3. Anti-aging and Detoxification
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is full of anti-oxidant vitamin E, making it a wonderful anti-aging serum and a skin healer.
Furthermore, lauric acid (an MCA present in this oil) is known to be one of the healthiest oils for your skin and body.
Coconut oil not only helps to reduce signs of aging; it’s also great for strengthening the epidermis against cellulite, fading stretch marks, and eliminating keratosis pilaris (an extra growth on the skin).
It also proves to be a natural sunscreen, so you can use it to guard your skin against sun damage without the use of harmful chemicals. Moreover, you can use this wonderful blessing of a fruit to prevent or treat skin infections.
4. Wrinkle Removing Miracle
Is coconut oil really an effective way to reduce wrinkles?
Hands down YES. Here’s why!
- The antioxidants in coconut oil protects against the free radicals that damage skin and cause wrinkles.
- Coconut oil moisturizes skin to prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Coconut oil supports the formation of new skin cells.
- Coconut oil maintains the skin’s connective tissues, preventing sagging and wrinkles, while repairing damaged skin.
- Coconut oil prevents the formation of dark spots due to aging and sun exposure.
- The medium chain triglycerides (MCT) and lauric acid in coconut helps repair damaged skin and protects against harmful UV rays.
- As a natural emollient, coconut oil softens skin.
5. Hair Thickening
Use coconut oil as a natural way to help your hair grow longer, thicker, and faster! The vitamins and essential fatty acids found naturally in coconut oil nourishes the scalp and helps to remove sebum build-up from hair follicles.
Use as a daily treatment by following these simple steps:
- At the end of the day or shortly before bedtime, wash your hair with an all-natural shampoo and conditioner as usual.
- Gather your materials; a comb or hair pick, shower cap or small towel to wrap your hair in, two small bowls of different sizes (one should fit inside the other), and of course your jar of organic virgin coconut oil.
- Scoop a small amount of coconut oil into the smaller bowl.
- Set the smaller bowl at the bottom of the larger one.
- Fill the larger bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged, but not floating or taking in water.
- While you wait for your coconut oil to come to temperature, use your comb or hair pin to remove any tangles.
- Once the coconut oil has completely diluted, use your fingers to gently massage the oil to your scalp. (If you have long hair, it may be easier to flip your head upside-down in order to apply oil to your entire scalp.)
- Wrap your head with a towel or cloth and leave coconut oil on your scalp overnight for best results.
Spending hard earned money on chemicals is a choice most of us make daily. But take my advice, and apply herbs like coconut oil. They take time to show results, but the results last longer and have no side effects what so ever!
Many times, we become so helpless with our deteriorating beauty, that unwillingly or willingly, we spend fortunes just to be validated and complemented. The desire to look appealing is a great desire indeed, but the intention should be to please your own self and not everyone else present in the room!
Look great, love yourself and most all, embrace the gorgeous mess that you are! Remind yourself, that no one’s perfect; what fun would it be if we all looked like a perfectly baked cake? With a face full of chemical and a heart full of sadness….