Have you ever thought what you would look like if you had flat abs and a super healthy body?
A bloated tummy is everyone’s worst nightmare!
Those extra layers of fat make you feel bad about your body image and lowers your self-esteem. If you’ve been trying to trim down your stomach without getting the desired results, you might not be doing it right!
Starving is not going to work nor is sweating for hours at the gym. If you want to achieve the best results, you need to eat the right kind of food. The most important tip is to consume flat belly foods which:
- Reduces bloating with the help of fruits and vegetables.
- Boosts your metabolism.
- Provides your body with the essential nutrients that encourage weight loss.
What kind of foods should you consume in order to attain your dream body?
If you follow below essential guidelines, you are likely to meet your weight loss goals in a healthy and efficient manner. Let’s look at some of the flat belly food options that you should integrate into your diet.
Top 7 Foods to Eat for Flat Belly
Cucumbers are some of the best foods to munch on whenever you feel hungry. They are great for preventing bloating due to their high water content. Cucumbers are 96 per cent water and the remaining composition is vitamins and minerals. With a high flavonoid content and the right amount of antioxidants, this crunchy vegetable should definitely be a part of your flat belly diet.
If you are looking to reduce your waistline, you need to add almonds to your diet!
What gives almonds their belly busting quality? Unlike other foods, almonds contain MUFAs which are mono-unsaturated fatty acids. These healthy fats are great for the heart and protects us against chronic heart diseases. Although fats are generally considered to cause obesity, the ones found in almonds can help to achieve a flat belly. Other benefits include:
- They are a rich source of protein and fiber which helps build muscle.
- The fiber content and low calorie count makes for a healthy snack which will keep you feeling satisfied and full.
- Almonds can help you deal with cravings instead of consumption of unhealthy and sugar loaded snacks.
- Studies show that eating 1.5 ounces of almonds daily helps reduce cholesterol and reduces tough fat around the belly.
3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fats come in various forms and most are believed to be very dangerous for heart health and cholesterol. However, olive oil is a great source of MUFAs which are good mono-unsaturated fatty acids that lowers cholesterol levels. This oil is a magical elixir which has been used since the time of the Greeks to manage weight loss and for other health benefits.
It is best to use extra virgin olive oil when it is greener as it will have more antioxidants. Olive oil should be integrated into your diet in order to achieve a flat belly and to manage weight loss. Use extra virgin olive oil for cooking, baking and as a savory dressing on your favorite salads and pastas and Enjoy!
Adding fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet is one of the most effective ways to cut down belly fat. Avocados belong to the category of super foods owing to the multitude of benefits that they have for your health. Some of them are:
- This amazing fruit is loaded with phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals which helps in maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- It contains a substance known as beta-sitosterol lowers the body’s cholesterol level.
- Omega 3 fatty acids found in avocadoes help to lose weight and reduce tummy fat.
- Mono-unsaturated fats are good for the body as they help burn calories and prevent accumulation of fat.
- Eating avocados makes you feel full and satisfied. They can be used as part of a flat belly diet and for attaining your desired weight.
- Oleic acid in the fruit activates that part of the brain which makes you feel full.
Begin your day with a hearty and wholesome bowl of oatmeal to get a flat stomach!
Eating oatmeal daily can help you lose weight and shed fat that is accumulated around your belly. This excellent breakfast will give you the right amount of energy to kick start the day.
- It keeps you satiated and speeds up your metabolic rate.
- It suppresses hunger, preventing you from unhealthy cravings.
- Oatmeal is composed of soluble fiber which can help reduce fat around the belly and aid in weight loss.
- In order to achieve the best results, choose oats on the go in unsweetened and natural form instead of processed types.
- Avoid mixing oatmeal with sugar loaded syrups and cream as this would adversely affect weight loss. Instead, combine it with fresh fruits and healthy nuts, for e.g. almonds, walnuts and pistachios.
6. Leafy Green Vegetables
While managing your flat belly diet, do not leave out vegetables as they are some of the richest sources of essential nutrients and fiber. Other nutritional facts are:
- They have a low fat and low calow-calorie which makes them ideal for weight loss.
- They are rich sources of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, antioxidants and fiber
- Dark green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale contain magnesium which has anti-inflammatory qualities.
- As these vegetables do not contain fat, you can consume larger portions to keep you satiated.
- Veggies can be enjoyed raw or cooked.
- Papayas are loaded with vitamins A, C, E, and various minerals.
- An enzyme known as papain is found in this fruit which aids in the smooth functioning of your GI system. It helps in the proper breakdown of food, which further reduces inflammation and bloating.
- It can be eaten raw as the fruit has a sweet and fresh taste.
- It can be used in salads and smoothies.
The best way to reduce belly fat is to consume foods which reduce bloating, boosts your metabolism and provides essential nutrients to keep your body fit and healthy!
Here is the complete guide on how to lose belly fat at home.