Bake or no-bake, desserts are always drool-worthy! But what makes them all the more especial are the cute little serving jars that not only enhance the dessert’s presentation but are great when you are looking to serve individual servings.
Pssst! Jars also help maintain portion control. Hence, they are great when you are watching your weight and want to avoid digging in for another serving of those fattening yet amazingly tasteful beauties!
Let the dessert games begin!
1. Mint-chocolate decadence:
This easy no-bake dessert is a must have’ in our household on weekends!
The amazing combination of mint, chocolate and cream are sure to make your family fall in love with this decadent treat!
Here’s what you will need:
- – A pack of Oreos
- – A cup of whipped cream and half a cup separated for topping
- – 3 cups mini marshmallows
- – Half a cup milk
- – Coarsely chopped chocolate / chocolate chips
- – 1 tsp. mint extract
- – 1 couple drops of green food coloring
This dessert recipe yields a total of 5 generous servings. Therefore, you will also need 5 small sized mason jars.
Here’s how you prepare this easy no bake dessert:
- Scrape the cream out of Oreos and crush the biscuits with the help of a grinder or take it old school with a mortar and pestle.
- While over low heat, melt marshmallows and milk in a saucepan. Once melted, let the mixture cool and add mint extract and green food color.
- Once cooled, add whipped cream to the minted mixture and mix well.
Next step, layering the dessert:
- The first layer, from the bottom, will be an Oreo base. Add crushed Oreos and press until set.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Layer the mint mixture and spread until evenly set.
- Top again with chocolate chips and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Chill for, at least, a couple hours in the fridge before serving.
Oh and make sure you have a couple extra servings because people will definitely want a second round of this delicious treat, trust me!
2. A jar of Enchanting Chocolate Éclair Pie:
This easy no bake dessert recipe tastes just like any other decadent chocolate cake recipe but without the hassling of baking. With its rich and creamy taste, the dessert has not only sketched its way to our hearts but has also become a dessert table staple in every party that we host! All you need for this easy dessert is:
- – A pack of graham crackers
- – 2 small boxes of instant pudding, vanilla flavoured
- – 3 cups of milk
- – 1 tub of cool whip
For frosting you will require:
- – Half a cup of milk
- – One-third cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- – One cup of granulated sugar
- – Two Tbsps. Of softened butter
- – One tsp vanilla
Here’s how to prepare this easy no bake dessert:
- In a zip-lock bag, add graham crackers and give it a good beating with a rolling pin, in order to crush them. Kids love fulfilling this task, so hand over the bag and let them do the job while you start with the next step.
- Start off by preparing the pudding mixture. In a large bowl, dissolve 2 sachets of instant vanilla pudding in 3 cups of milk. Mix well with a whisk. Let it sit in the fridge, until it thickens to a custard-like consistency.
- Fold in a tub of cool whip in the pudding mixture. This will fluff the mixture up. Avoid stirring too much.
- Next, prepare the chocolate frosting. In a saucepan, bring ½ cup of milk to boil; add to it sugar and cocoa powder and whisk it up and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and add butter and vanilla to it and let simmer for a while until it reaches a nice and thick, saucy consistency.
Next up layering the holy desert:
- First up, add a fine layer of graham crackers at the bottom of the jar.
- Next, add the pudding mixture.
- Repeat the same layering until your jar is filled till the top, leaving space for only a set of two layers.
- This is where you will pour a generous serving of chocolate frosting.
For an extra surprise, top it with a spoonful of store-bought caramel sauce. And watch your family lick the jars off!
3. Tangy lemon & berry mouse jarred pie
This is one of the best summer dessert recipes that I have come across, in a while. The tanginess of the lemons with the sweetness of the raspberry makes this dessert a hit amongst all those who don’t love the general, overpowering sweetness of desserts. Here’s the list of ingredients you will need for this easy no-bake dessert:
- Graham crackers
- 3/4th cup store bought raspberry pie filling
- 1/4th cup store bought lemon pie filling
- A container of vanilla flavored, cool whip
- 2 tbsps. butter
- Fresh raspberries
If you want to turn this dessert into a fresh and organic indulgence, check recipes for homemade Raspberry pie filling and homemade lemon pie filling. To prepare this mouth-watering dessert:
- Crush graham crackers and add into it 2 tbsps. of melted butter and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, fold a tub of vanilla flavored cool whip in the raspberry filling and set aside, forming a mousse like consistency.
Now start with the layering:
– In a mason jar, place a heaped spoon of crackers to form a defined layer of crust. Top it with a generous filling of the raspberry mousse followed by a spoonful of lemon pie filling. Repeat till you reach the neck of the jar.
– Add a dollop of raspberry mousse and top it with fresh raspberries and a pinch of lemon zest to add a zing of flavor and color!
There you have it! A surprisingly easy, full of fragrance and decadent dessert is ready to be served!
These phenomenal no-bake desserts are a must try’. Be it a thanksgiving dinner or your child’s birthday party, these scrumptious little dessert jars are always ready to steal the show!
Try them out now and let us know in the comments below, how it turned out?
Coming up next: one pot meal ideas for minimum hassle and clean up!