If making mealtimes special is your agenda for this month; note that no meal time can be made special without the presence of delicious desserts. Because all’s only well if it ends well and our meal ends perfectly after desserts!
Likewise, no dessert is good without chocolate. If you agree, read on and you will find some of the easiest yet outstandingly tasteful, healthy chocolate desserts that will add a special touch to your meal times, without a doubt!
Top 5 Healthy Chocolate Desserts
1. First up, chocolate fondue:
Nothing beats a warm pot of bitter-sweet chocolate served with a serving of fruits, cakes, marshmallows, cookies and what not! Kids love it and adults love it even more!
Here’s what you will need:
- -12oz of bittersweet chocolate
- -2 ½ cups whipping cream
- -1/4th cup orange juice
– In a slow cooker, mix all the ingredients and put it o cook on the lowest heat setting, for at least 2 to 3 hours.
– If you don’t have a slow cooker, you could keep the mixture on low heat over a double boiler as well. But for best results, slow-cooker it is!
– While the chocolate cooks, slice up some fruits. My personal favorite, which go well with this recipe are:
—Strawberries, Peaches, Bananas, Oranges
Other assortments include:
—Nuts, Plain tea cake, diced in large, fork-able cubes, Marshmallows, Cookies and Crackers
PS. If the fondue goes thick, add some cream and mix until you get the right consistency.
This recipe makes around four cups of fondue. Serve in a large bowl or do individual servings along with assortments and fondue forks!
2. 5-minute brownie sundae:
Oh yeah, brownie sundae, coming up in 5!
This mouthwatering and easy chocolate dessert is to die for. Kids love devouring this treat while adults feel no different!
You will need:
- -A pack of prepared plain brownies. (around 4 3-inch pieces)
- -8oz of softened cream cheese
- -3 tbsps. of honey
- -1 tbsp. of milk
- -8 mini chocolate and mint patties
- -Caramel sauce, for an extra treat!
Begin by making the cream cheese layer.
In a bowl, add cream cheese, honey, milk and start whisking until you attain a nice and fluffy texture.
Grab 4 tall glasses and begin the layering.
- Add crumbled brownie at the bottom.
- Next up, cream cheese frosting.
- Brownie again.
- Frosting again.
- Lastly, top with quartered chocolate mint patties and hot caramel sauce.
There you have it, an ultimate treat to end the meal with!
3. Next, up, Chocolate ganache filled wonton cups:
This easy chocolate dessert is popular amongst both kids and adults!Crispy wonton with smooth and silky ganache topped with the freshest of strawberries and whipped cream makes this chocolate dessert a perfect dish for both parties as well as mealtimes!
All you need for this dessert recipe:
- -Cooking spray can
- -Cupcake or muffin tray
- -8 wonton sheets
- -1 cup heavy cream
- -1 cup bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- -2 tbsps. butter
- -1 packet of whipped cream
- -Freshly sliced strawberries
Start by making the chocolate ganache:
While the chocolate melts, prepare wonton bowls:
Once done, start with the assembling:
- Over a double boiler, melt together chopped chocolate, heavy cream and 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Take a cooking tray and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Now line the wonton wraps in them (like the picture attached below)
- Brush them lightly with butter or oil (don’t over-do this step, though)
- Bake in the oven, for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
- Take the bowls and fill them up with creamy ganache.
- Put a spoonful of whipped cream over each and garnish with sliced strawberries.
PS. If you are done with the combination of strawberries and chocolate, switch it up with any fresh fruit. My little one loves mango and chocolate, some love oranges with chocolate.
Don’t be afraid to experiment, you never know what tastes better!
4. Doughnut pops, topped with candy:
Well, this one is my forever favorite! Yes, you can blame this super easy chocolate dessert for all the extra pounds I have gained this year around!
These are easy to make and far easier to eat! It can be used as both desserts as well as a quick, mess-free snack for your little ones. Or maybe you could snack on it, while your little one sleeps? That sounds way better, doesn’t it?
Here’s what you need:
- -A box of no-frost doughnut holes or a box of store-bought biscuit dough.
- -A can of chocolate frosting
- -Favorite chocolate bars chopped roughly
- -A dozen or two lollipop sticks
In case you have bought biscuit dough,
- Start by deep frying small round balls out of the dough.
- Once done, screw the sticks into the fried doughnut holes.
- Next, dip into the frosting and lay on a tray.
- While the frosting is still wet, stick the chocolate chunks to it and pop the tray in the freezer for at least 15 minutes!
- You could also take out at the time when you want to serve!
- Save a couple extras in the freezer for yourself because the rest will be gone within seconds! Trust me on that!
5. Next in line, Minty Chocolate bars:
This has got to be the best minty dessert I have made so far and I make a lot of desserts so you can imagine! This may not be your kid’s top choice but if you are looking to serve these to your guests or hubby, these are your best choice because they taste absolutely amazing!
Here’s what you will need to gather: (this list is a little lengthier, but the result is all worth it!)
- -1 Cup instant rolled oats
- -½ cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- -6 tbsps. butter
- -1 cup wafers, crushed
- -1 tbsp. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- -1 tbsp. milk
- -1/4th tsp. salt
- -3/4th cup castor sugar
- -2oz cream cheese
- -½ tsp peppermint extract
- -8x8x2” pan
Start by making the crust:
While the crust sets, prepare the chocolate sauce, by melting the chocolate with 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and set aside.
Start with the layering:
- First up, finely grind the oats in a food processor and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add butter and 1/4th cup of chocolate and melt on low heat while mixing frequently.
- Add into the melted chocolate.
- Add wafers, oats, milk, cocoa powder and salt.
- The crust is ready. Spread it in an 8x8x2” pan and chill in the freezer for good 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together – castor sugar, cream cheese, and peppermint extract. Mix until it turns smooth and fluffy.
- Take the chilled crust out, add onto it the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly. Now drizzle the chocolate sauce over it generously and let it chill in the freezer again.
PS. The cream cheese frosting will remain gooey and will not set into a solid state so don’t worry!
Try these tasty treats today and let us know how they turned out, in the comments below!