Summers are always fun...... especially with all the garden parties, BBQ and the pool events!
From great tasting food to refreshing sodas and cocktails, everything seems a bliss!
But between all this, we often forget to provide our bodies with essential nutrients that are more than necessary, especially during the scorching summer heat.
Filled with the needed amount of nutrients along with being ultimately tasteful, what could be better than a platter of refreshing summer fruits?
But when you have grilled chops, mac n cheese, and quesadillas in the menu, no one’s going to walk to the fruit platter!
So here are 6, out of the box, fruity party platter ideas to help serve your guests with delicious fruity desserts and starters which can help them retain freshness even under the scorching summer sun!
Summer Food Party Ideas
1. To die for combination of Peaches & ice-cream:
This ultra-refreshing decadent dessert is one of the ‘to die for’ fruit trays for parties. Especially for all the BBQ parties.
To prepare the beautiful peaches and ice-cream concoction you will need:
- -5 large sized Peaches
- -10 scoops of vanilla ice-cream
- -A bunch of mint leaves
- -A griller
- Begin by preheating the grill on high flame.
- While the grill heats up, cut the peaches in half and remove its seed.
- Once the grill has been heated, place the halved peaches on the grill. The opened half should be facing down. Keep it there until deep grill marks start to appear.
- Remove from grill and add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream inside each halved and grilled fruit and garnish it with mint leaves.
- Serve immediately and savor the melt in your mouth. The super texture of the ice-cream will be blended with the gooey, peachy goodness!
2. 6-fruit,revitalizing cocktail:
This is one of those fancy looking fruit trays for parties!
6 refreshing summer fruits sitting one on top of the other inside a tall glass makes this dish look well-presentable for all sorts of events. Be it a ceremonial evening affair or a formal luncheon, this deliciously refreshing dish can work as both, starters as well as dessert.
Here’s how to start this fruity goodness;
You will need a cup of each:
- -Sliced strawberries
- -Sliced mangoes
- -Sliced oranges
- -Sliced kiwis
- -Goji berries
- A tub of whipped cream and some lemon juice.
As this fresh fruit platter recipe yields around 10 servings, you will need 10 tall, champagne glasses.
- Begin by tossing all of the sliced fruits in lemon juice, separately. This is to avoid the blackening or ‘rusting’ of fruits.
- Start with the layering of fruits. Begin by putting a spoonful of strawberries, followed by oranges, then mangoes, then kiwis, followed by Goji berries and raspberries.
- Top with a generous serving of whipped cream.
- Serve toothpicks or fancy forks with each glass.
There you have it! A colorful mix of fruits with a power boost and deliciousness, coming right up!
It is a better alternative to alcoholic cocktails if used as a starter.
It is an even better end to the meal if used as a dessert!
3. Chocolate dipped, strawberry center piece:
Well, this one’s a definite party pleaser!
It not only tastes outstandingly delightful but it also works surprisingly great as a center-piece for dessert tables.
This heavenly combo of chocolate and strawberries makes kids as well as adults drool! Be it summer pool party or an indoor Christmas event, this dessert steals the show, every time!
Here’s what you will need:
- -A cake board
- -A card board cone
- -Fondant dough
- -Fresh strawberries
- -Chocolate frosting
Here’s how you make it:
- Begin by attaching a cardboard cone to the cake board with the help of an adhesive.
- Now take the fondant dough and roll it out evenly with a rolling pin. Not too thin, not too thick!
- Wrap it around the cone shaped, cake board and seal with water. Let it sit for a while.
- Meanwhile, cut the leafy part of the strawberries and set them aside.
- Once the fondant has been set, start sticking the strawberries.
- To do so, take the strawberries and dip its head in chocolate frosting and attach it to the fondant covered cone.
- Line the strawberries in a manner that it resembles the shape of a Christmas tree.
- If it’s a particularly Christmas based party, top the tree with a beautiful ornament.
Your masterpiece is ready to steal the show!
For an even better Christmassy look, cover the ends of strawberries with white chocolate frosting, making it look like they are covered in snow!
4. Bite-sized fruit bowls:
This is one of the most in-demand fruit trays for parties, so far!
Though this fruity recipe requires a little more effort, it tastes amazingly good and the compliments that come rolling your way will make your heart swoon with joy! Trust me!
Here’s all that you will need to get this dish rolling:
- -A roll of packaged cookie dough
- -A pack of softened cream cheese
- -A tub of cool whip
- -four types of fruits
- My family loves berries, so I use sliced strawberries, goji berries, kiwi and ripe mangoes.
-To begin this fruit tray, roll balls of biscuit dough and place them in a greased muffin or cupcake tray. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden.
- Once done, place the cookies on a wire rack and let sit until cool.
- For the filling, take a tub of cool whip cream and fold it into 8oz of cream cheese. This will help attain a nice and fluffy consistency.
- Pour into a piping bag and start with the filling.
Take the biscuit bowls and set them on a tray. Fill the bowls with a generous serving of the deliciously smooth filling and top it with your favorite combination of fruits.
- Begin by preparing the biscuit bowls.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- Arranging the bite-sized delicacies.
Chill for an hour and serve!
5. Mouthwatering fruit cones:
This fruity delicacy is best for children. Be it your child’s birthday party or a child station you want to build at the family dinner party, this dessert idea is fun to assemble which is sure to keep the kids busy and is a healthy snack to munch on!
Here’s what you will need:
- -A dozen of waffle cones
- -Assorted fruits
There is no preparation required for this appetizer or dessert except for slicing the fruits and tossing them separately, in lemon juice to avoid blackening.
Set both the waffle cones and fruits separately on your snack or dessert station and watch as kids and adults indulge into this activity and enjoy healthy, flavorful fruity cones' of their choice!
You can also keep a bowl of whipped cream and some assorted fruit jams for topping along with the fruits.
6. 6-fruit, refreshing skewers:
Perfect for a garden party; skewers are refreshing and work great when served as an appetizer. Not only are they easy to make but also taste effortlessly good.
All you need to have:
- -2 dozen BBQ skewers
- -6 different sorts of fruits
- -Spoonful of lemon juice
- I love to use the combination of papaya, strawberry, pineapple, goji berries, blueberries and green grapes.
- Dice the strawberries, papaya, and pineapples and start screwing them onto the BBQ skewers.
- With the help of a brush, apply lemon juice on the fruit skewers and there you have it!
- Chill them for a while in the fridge or serve them as it is. The sweet and tangy flavor will make the guests grab these absolutely amazing treats, right away!
What fresh fruit combinations do you love the most?
Share with us in the comments below and get a chance to be featured on our portal!