In the first edition of Amazing Pasta recipes, we gave away 6 of our FAV pasta recipes and a few tips and tricks that help achieve perfection, when it comes to making pasta, in general.
However, in our second edition, we have chosen to stick to the most loved combination of pasta – Crockpot bacon, macaroni and cheese!
Yes, this article is all about slow cooker, creamy mac and cheese. We bet you have started salivating, already, because we sure have!
Let’s not waste time and head towards the recipes. But before that, let’s take out a minute to appreciate the invention of Crockpots.
- Total lifesaver. With a 4year-old to handle along with work, standing in the kitchen for hours, making food sounds least appealing. Then I came across crockpots, and boy my life has never been simpler.
- Crockpots require minimal amount of work. In fact, all you got to do is chuck in all ingredients at once, and let cook for a couple hours. Stir every once in a while and TADA!
- Not only is the food well done, but tastes better than the usual, as it cooks on a low flame for a relatively longer time, which helps accentuate all flavors.
So, if you don’t yet have a Crockpot in your inventory yet, check out this super cool guide, and buy NOW!
So now, the recipes!
3 Cheeses, Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Uncooked Pasta
The best comfort food is that filled with minimal cheese and carbs, said no one, EVER!
To prepare this amazing pasta, you will need a total of 10 ingredients, which are as follows:
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1 can or 12 ounces of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package or 16 ounces of pasta shells (preferably small)
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Set out your slow cooker.
- Grease it with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, evaporated milk, butter, flour and salt.
- Mix in the 3 cheeses and UNCOOKED pasta.
- Pour into the greased slow cooker and let cook for 3 hours and 30 minutes or until the pasta is well cooked.
Serve hot, as it is. Or with a side of grilled veggies or chicken.
Pssst. Want to learn how to grill vegetables and chicken to perfection? Head over HERE, to find the finest grilling tips and tricks.
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese – without Evaporated Milk
When it comes to making creamy mac and cheese, most recipes require a generous doze of evaporated milk. As common as this ingredient is, not everyone has it available in their pantry at all times.
So if you too, have forgotten to grab the evaporated milk on your grocery spree, or have run out of it, we have an alternative recipe that makes even creamier pasta!
To begin with this creamy pasta recipe, you will need:
- 2 cups of pasta
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 2 ½ cups of shredded cheese (your choice)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 ¼ cups of cheddar cheese soup
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoons dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- In a pot, boil macaroni. Less than how you usually would because it will cook further in the crockpot.
- Once done, add all ingredients in the crockpot.
- Switch the crockpot low heat and let cook for about two hours or till the cheese starts to brown around the edges.
- Make sure to keep stirring, every 20 minutes or less.
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese – with Bacon
Do you find Mac and Cheese boring? Do you think it lacks a bit of texture? Well, todays your lucky day!
Out of all the crockpot mac and cheese recipes we have tried, this one is our Fav. You know why? Because it is topped with a generous amount of crispy Bacon. Giving the otherwise mushy, crockpot mac and cheese a crispy uplift!
Here’s what you will need:
- 3 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 strips of uncooked bacon
- 3 strips of crisped bacon
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 2½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup of milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grab a crockpot and grease it with non-stick spray.
- Put all the ingredients together, in the crockpot, except for the crisped bacon and give it a nice stir.
- Let it cook for 2 hours, while stirring every half an hour or so.
- Once cooked, sprinkle the crispy bacon on top and serve!
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese – with Velveeta
Velveeta makes everything tastier, creamier and worth it. oh yes. especially when you add it to the usual mac and cheese.
Here’s an amazing recipe, I make every Friday, to kick start my weekend.
Stay tuned, for more Pasta-filled recipes. Till then, check out our guide on Most Popular Thai Foods.