Are you a clean-car fanatic? But always fail to keep the car clean because:
- You are always short on time when it comes to cleaning. Obviously, you can’t keep a car clean for forever without any effort.
- You have kids. Well, we all are well aware of the sort of mess they have the tendency to make.
For that, here’s a solution that is sure to keep your car tidy without having to deep clean the car, every now and then.
Want to know how?
Well, it’s simple – Keep the car organized.
There are 100s of tips and tricks that help keep the car organized which results in a cleaner, clutter free car for a relatively longer period of time! Not only this, these DIY ideas will keep your car ready even for spontaneous picnics. Yes, even if you have a bunch of kids that need constant entertainment during car travel!
Isn’t that just so cool!?
We have sorted out some of the best car organizing ideas for you so that you don’t have to go through the agony to search for the most useful and worthy car organizing ideas.
Let’s begin with the simplest yet the most useful ones;
1. A car trash can
Well definitely, something all cars need if keeping them clean is the agenda. No, I’m not asking you to travel with trashcan, but a fairly cheap alternative of it.
A sealable, cereal container, lined with a plastic bag!
- Sealable, so no odor escapes, nor does the trash topple out.
- Cereal container, because it’s fairly easy to find and is affordable.
- Lined with plastic bags, so you don’t have to wash the container after every use, instead just throw the bag out.
^ if looking to make it look presentable and chic, cover the can up with a choice of wrapping sheet and some washi tape!
There you have it, a perfect solution to keep the car litter at bay!
2. A recycled coffee cup dispenser, for tissues
Sounds useless, knowing that you can purchase a box of tissues, which dispenses tissues perfectly well.
But this is for those who seem to be short on space. If you too have very little space to fit stuff, this car organizing idea is a blessing in shape of a coffee-cup tissue dispenser.
A coffee cup, because:
- It would fit perfectly well in the cup holder of your car, taking up the least of your car space.
- How else to recycle those cups?
Here’s how you can make it.
For an even better look, doodle your thoughts, artistically on the cup to make it even more personalized!
3. A plastic bag dispenser
This car organizing idea, calls for the same old, cup dispenser trick. Because we all know, you only require 2 or max 3, of the cup holders out of the 6 or 7 you have in your car. So why not give them a new and fairly better purpose to fulfil?
But Instead of a paper cup, use something sturdy, such as a re-usable plastic cup with a lid, and fill them up with plastic bags, which we all know come in handy, for packing up dirty shoes, catching up your car sick child’s vomit or a hungover friend’s gag.
- A sturdy plastic cup so it doesn’t tear off due to the pressure of the pull.
4. A document holder
If you hate sifting through the messed up glove box compartment in search of that one document, this car organizer is what you need right away!
Grab a folder with several compartments from any stationery or crafts shop, to fit all the necessary car documents, a few maps and an emergency contact list.
- Document holder with several compartments, so that all the documents can be kept in one place, without having the unnecessary risk of misplacing any.
5. No-crumb hack for the cup holders
Well do you get annoyed by the cup holders that often get dirty and filled with dust and crumbs? Well not after you hear this car organizing hack!
Use a silicone cupcake mold, to line the cup-holders, saving them from getting filled with crumbs. Which if you have ever tried cleaning, would know is a tedious task and almost always requires vacuuming!
- Silicone molds, because they are re-usable. You can wash them in a jiffy and they will be as good as new! Also they would cost you relatively less as compared to paper liners, which wear off pretty quickly, unlike silicone molds!
^ it can also double as a temporary coin holder.
6. A change holder
Sick of the change lying around your car, under the seat, stuck between the gear panel, always out of sight and reach when needed? Here’s a car organizing idea to get rid of this tension!
A plastic, mint or gum container!
- Gum or mint container, because they are small and are perfect a size to keep change.
- Secondly, they are sealable, thus ensuring no more topple of coins.
^(crop the ‘tip Tuesday’ part)
^ There you have it, a coin collection, always in sight when need be!
7. A park-picnic essential, basket
Well if you are the sort of person who loves spontaneous picnics, this car organizing idea was made for you.
Pack a large-sized plastic container with essentials for a park picnic. Such as:
A picnic blanket, a bug’s spray, paper plates and cups, hand sanitizer, paper towels and baby wipes as an all-purpose cleaner.
All you need to grab is a takeout from your fav burger joint and enjoy it in the park while lying under the clouded sky.
Pssst. When you have a picnic kit ready in your car, it adds another reason to not eat in the car, other than the obvious. So it’s always a win-win situation, always!
8. Put those shower caddies to use
With compartments of all sorts, this shower caddy can be used for several purposes.
Use it as an essentials keeper, such as sunglasses, tissue dispenser, small toys and books etc.
If you are looking to have some peace, fill the caddies up with your kid’s fav snacks and serve individually. Don’t forget to watch them as they lighten up and enjoy!
Use it as a serving tray when eating in the car, to avoid the crumbles from getting to the car interior.
9. Shoe organizers as essential’s carrier
Well, travelling requires all sorts of essentials. From snacks, to emergency first aid, tools, baby essentials (if you have one on board) and toys for your kid’s entertainment as well magazines for you!
But where to keep all of it?
We have got you covered.
Hang old shoe organizers over the head-rest of the back seats and fill them up with all the essentials.
10. Last but certainly my favorite, driver’s essentials organizer:
When driving, I ought to keep all my attention in one place, on driving of course. Hence hate it when any of my essentials go missing. Such as my glasses, phone and often my to-do-list, which I write and follow religiously!
So this organizer for car was a sanity-keeper for me. Stick it on the passenger’s visor and never lose track of your belongings.
You can buy one on Amazon for less than $15.
Are there any tricks you follow that helps keep your car organized and welcoming? Share with us in the comments below and win a chance to be featured on our portal!