Sun rays, cosmetics aging and many other factors collectively lead us to a dull and gloomy skin. We cannot completely avoid the sun can we? We all have jobs and schools to attend and not wanting to step out in the sun is not reason enough to skip working or schooling. We cannot completely stop applying cosmetics. We are girls and makeup is so our thing! And aging, ugh! Who even wants to talk about it, at least I don’t. All in all, none of the above mentioned factors can completely be avoided so the least we can do to put the lost glow back to our skin is by providing it with the nourishment it needs.
Our skin is a display screen that shows what is going on inside our body and how healthy it is; both externally and internally. What we apply on our skin is important but what is most important is what we put into our body. By following a proper diet, keeping our body well hydrated, cleansing the exposed areas of our body and applying these nourishing masks we can add the lost glow back to our skin. We have these amazing natural remedies for skin rejuvenation that really work like magic.
“18 HOME REMEDIES FOR SKIN REJUVENATION THAT ACTUALLY WORK. SKIN REJUVENATING HOME REMEDIES THAT COME WITH A GUARANTEE. HOME-MADE SKIN REJUVENATING FACIAL MASKS WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS.”
18. DRINK LOTS OF WATER AND SPLASH LOTS OF WATER
Drinking lots and lots of water is a universal solution to almost all of our skin troubles and an essential part of natural skin care. From having acne and pimples to having a dull and gloomy skin, from having dehydrated skin to having open pores and from having a dry skin to having an oily skin – water is the solution to all your skin troubles. It tightens the pores, cools down your skin, supports blood circulation in and around the epidermis, hydrates from the inside and controls the pH of your skin.
- You must have at least 8 glasses of water every day. You can always have more than that but not any lesser than 8 glasses or else just know that you are simply being mean to your skin.
- Splash water on your face after every hour or two. This will wash away the extra oils and tighten your pores.
- In case you have dry skin, splashing water will hydrate and soften your skin and then you may apply a moisturizer to keep your skin supple. However do it twice a day only.
17. PROPER DIET IS CRUCIAL
What you apply on your skin is lesser important in comparison with what you put in your body. Your skin will give you results according to what you put into your body and therefore your blood. Diet has a very important role to play in balancing your hormones or disrupting them. Antioxidants and minerals are really good for the skin; you can add more of them in your diet. You can cut down on edibles that may be bad for your skin like; oily foods, junk foods and anything that your skin is not comfortable with. Your skin need some serious skin care which is not possible without healthy food.
16. CLEANSING SHOULD BE DONE FOREMOST
Owing to the pollution all around us, the pores of our skin get contaminated and clogged with dirt so the first thing we need to do for skin rejuvenation is to cleanse our skin prior to applying any of the below-mentioned rejuvenating masks.
- Wash your face and neck with a face-wash.
- Massage in circular motions with a cleansing milk of your choice.
- You may use tomato juice for cleansing too.
15. TOMATOES HELP YOU DE-TAN
Getting tanned in the sun and losing our skins glow is something that none of us can really avoid. Even after applying sunblock and sunscreens our skin is not completely protected from the damaging UV rays. What we can do is eat and apply things that will put back the lost glow and de-tan our skin tone. Here is a DIY solution that is easy and effective.
Tomatoes are full of antioxidants and have considerable amounts of lycopene. Lycopene tightens the skin and prevents it from aging. It also has clarifying properties in it which will remove all the dirt from your skin. All these attributes make tomatoes an essential part of natural skin care.
- Cut a tomato in two halves. Squeeze the juice of one half in a small bowl.
- Eat the rest half of the tomato.
- Apply the juice on your skin in circular motions to cleanse your skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it off.
14. POTATO IS AMAZING FOR SKIN
Potato provides some serious skin care to prevent many skin problems. It lightens the scars on the skin giving us an even complexion. Potato juice works on the skin like mild bleach and lightens the scars as well as lightens your skin tone. It is usually advised for dark circles however, I suggest you should apply it as a complete facial mask. Having been grown underground, potato is bursting with ground minerals that instantly energize your skin.
- Take a medium sized potato. Peel it.
- Grate it with a hand grater.
- Apply the grated potato all over your face and neck and lie down to prevent it from falling off.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
- It will instantly refresh you.
13. MASHED APRICOT IS THE WAY TO GO!
Apricot will give your skin a peachy glow and add natural colour to your cheeks. You will love what it does for your skin rejuvenation. It makes it soft, supple and radiant. Apricot is full of minerals and antioxidants that will revitalise your skin.
- Mash a medium sized apricot.
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt to it.
- Apply the mixture liberally to your face and neck and lie down in order to prevent it from falling off.
- Wash it off after 20-25 minutes.
12. BANANA MASH COMES IN HANDY
Bananas are another fruit ripening with minerals. In natural skin care, bananas are really effective because of their amazing properties. Banana has a property that assists in the skin healing process. Not just the fleshy fruit inside but also the peels of banana are full of minerals. Banana peels are an amazing remedy for teeth whitening. You can simply rub the peels on your teeth until the peel turns pale.
Coming back to the fleshy part of the banana that we can use to make a rejuvenating mask for the face and neck, you need to;
- Peel a banana and mash it.
- Add a teaspoon of milk powder and a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Mix it well and apply all over your face and neck.
- It would be appropriate if you lie down because the mixture will be thick, gooey and runny but in the end it will be worth it all.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes and feel the difference.
“EASY-TO-MAKE SKIN REJUVENATING FACIAL MASKS THOSE ARE VERY EFFECTIVE. ORGANIC FACIAL MASKS THOSE HAVE NO SIDE EFFECTS AND ADD AN INSTANT GLOW TO YOUR SKIN. FACIAL MASKS WHICH WILL ADD AN INSTANT GLOW TO YOUR FACE.”
11. PAPAYA MASK LIGHTENS THE SKIN
Papaya nourishes and exfoliates the skin. It is great for the skin if you eat it as it soothes all forms of stomach blues. It is amazing if you have constipation and it works great even when you have diarrhoea. It basically balances the on-going situation in our stomach. It is a great source of fibre which is an essential nutrient for healthy and glowing skin. If you’re looking for some serious skin care remedy, papaya is the perfect fruit for you.
For the face pack, it is better to have a raw papaya. The rawer it is the more fruitful the results will be.
- Peel the papaya, remove its seeds and cut a slice out of it.
- Mash the papaya slice into a thick paste. Add a tablespoon of milk powder and mix it well.
- Apply all over your face and neck and lie down.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
- Eat the rest of the papaya to double the benefits.
10. WATERMELON PLUS CUCUMBER
Watermelon and cucumber; both are bursting with antioxidants and are very refreshing and effective for the skin rejuvenation. They immediately refresh the skin when applied externally. They prevent wrinkles and fight the other signs of aging. This mask is particularly for a combination to oily skin.
- Take a slice of cucumber and a slice of watermelon.
- Blend it well.
- Add a few drops of lemon to the blended mixture and apply on your face liberally.
- Let it sit on your face for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- You will notice an evident change in just one application.
- Also: this mask can be applied every day.
9. CUCUMBER SLICES
When you are tired and have no energy left in yourself to prepare a fruit mask or try out any of the other remedies, cut a cucumber into thin slices and massage with them on your face. After about 5 minutes of massage, take new slices and let them sit on your face. In the meanwhile you can take some rest. Remove them whenever you desire. You will come across a fresher you in the end.
8. ORANGE OR LEMON PEELS
In natural skin care regimen, orange is known as beauty fruit. They are overloaded with vitamin C, minerals and antioxidants. Vitamin C is very beneficial for your skin; it prevents the signs of aging from showing up on your skin. The best part is; vitamin C can be applied externally on to the skin too. It penetrates deep into the skin and nourishes it from the inside, prevents skin damage and evens out the skin tone. While the oranges can only be enjoyed while they are in season, their peels can be preserved for later use. Orange peels can be replaced with lemon peels since they are more easily available.
- Dry the peels in the sun and blend them until powdered.
- Preserve the powder in airtight jars and use them a little at a time.
- To form a face pack: 1 tablespoon orange peels, 2 tablespoon gram flour and 1 tablespoon milk, mix everything and apply on your face and neck.
- Wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
7. RAW MILK OR MILK POWDER
Raw milk is famous throughout the history for its skin lightening properties. You can use raw milk or milk powder in place of your regular facial cleanser to cleanse your facial skin and enjoy the benefits. It provides some serious skin care and protection against aging.
Good exfoliation is an important part of your beauty regimen. Skin rejuvenation is incomplete without exfoliation process. You carry out gentle yet effective exfoliation at home via;
- Dried orange peels’ scrub
5. SCRUB YOUR LIPS
No matter how fresh and youthful skin you have, if you have chapped or colourless lips, it is a total turnoff. What you need to do is make lip scrubbing a part of your regular Natural skin care and beauty regimen to achieve soft and pink lips.
- Make a scrub for your lips with Vaseline and sugar.
- Massage with it for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off and apply a good lip balm
- For pink lips: massage your lips with lemon peels (after extracting the juice).
4. TONING YOUR SKIN
Toning is the last part of your beauty regimen but its importance is such that you simply cannot skip this part. When you are done with your regimen, your skin’s pH is either lowered or raised; toning balances the pH of the skin and closes the open pores.
3. GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
No beauty treatment can do what sleep does for your skin. 8 hours of sleep are crucial in maintaining your mind, body and skin’s health. Sleeping is the time when your skin gets to breathe. Make sure you apply no heavy moisturisers when you sleep, just apply a light hydrating moisturiser and let your skin breathe.
2. GIVE YOUR SKIN A PROTEIN TREATMENT
Proteins are an essential nutrient that provide some serious skin care; why not give your skin a protein boost? Eggs are a good source of proteins. We can prepare a mask with it and pamper our skin with it.
- Separate your egg whites (proteins) and add a tablespoon of beauty mud to prepare your mask.
- Apply it and let it dry.
- Wash it off once dry.
Nothing is as beneficial for your skin as exercising. It does not just have temporary benefits but it will benefit your skin and body in the long run as well. It enhances blood circulation throughout the body and it will kick lethargy out from your body. Exercise for 30 minutes every day and notice the difference it makes to your skin, body, mind, mood and overall health.
OLWOMEN THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Keep yourself reminded; 8 is your beauty number. Give yourself 8 hours of sleep and drink 8 glasses of water, every day, rest of the things will fall into place.
- Toning is necessary after every beauty regimen. Never skip it.
- When you apply your facial mask, apply it to your neck as well. You do not want a different tone of your face and neck.
- Always cleanse before applying the masks, after all you don’t want your pores to be clogged with dirt.