The skin is the most important asset of the beauty of a woman. The skin is the only beauty which she can flaunt without effort and can use to control how she looks. The face skin is enhanced through the use of makeup or you can just decide to keep it simple. In either way face skin compliments your personality and makes you feel better in front of people. Now consider if there are some problems with your skin and you suddenly start looking not that beautiful. This must be a worst nightmare of any women out there. One of the many skin damaging problems is “Acne” which makes it difficult to get clearer skin. Acne is actually such a skin condition in which your face, neck, shoulders and back is affected with pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and bumps. Even if they heal the black marks and permanent scares are left on the skin. Now consider yourself with such marks, how would you decide on to face the world? All your confidence will be lost and you will start fearing people. That is why, if not treated on time, acne can lead a person to low self-esteem, anxiety and depression.
Acne is most commonly occur in teenage due to hormonal changes and remains for long if it is not treated on time. Other causes of acne in adults are Oil production on face in hair follicles and pores, dead skin cells and bacteria. Your diet irregularity and stress can make acne worse, so consider proper treatment of acne before you repent. Some women avoids the treatment as it causes itchiness on face, some might think that it will heal itself and some fear the heavy bills of the dermatologists. To all the women out there who want to know how to get rid of acne effectively, you need not to fear anything now because we have identified some home remedies for you which will help you with acne. These remedies are simple and easily available at home. Just apply these home remedies the suggested ways and stop fearing to face the public. The code to look beautiful again is as follows:
“Don’t lose confidence because of acne problems we have some simple home remedies that can prevent acne and keep your skin beautiful.”
20. Apple Cider Vinegar
Our first item in this list is apple cider vinegar that is one of the best home remedies for acne. The sour taste of apple cider vinegar makes it a heart of home remedies which can be used for many skin problems including acne. Apple cider vinegar balances the PH level of your skin and kills the bacteria which cause such problems on skin. With its antiseptic properties, apple cider vinegar makes it difficult for bacteria to grow well and prevents the acne at first place. Apple cider vinegar also helps to dry the excessive oil on your face but don’t let it dry your skin too much.
You can apply apple cider vinegar as follows:
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar with help of water.
- Soak cotton in the mixture and apply it to the blemished skin.
- Leave the mixture on for at least 10 minutes, until your face is dry, and then rinse off with warm water.
- Apply a moisturizer to balance the dryness of your skin.
- Repeat the following procedure several times a day.
19. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a natural DIY remedy for acne which acts as an antiseptic and kills the bacteria on your skin. Tea tree oil is a solvent that clears the dead skin cells and clear the pores thus prevents acne. Tea tree oil is easily available in market but direct application of such oil can create redness and irritation to skin. All these benefits make tea tree oil an amazing remedy for acne treatment. You can apply tea tree oil as follows:
- Dilute the oil with warm water.
- Dip cotton in the mixture and apply to the blemished skin.
- After it is dried, rinse off the skin with warm water.
Honey is very effective medicine when it comes to skin care. It is the perfect answer of your question, “how to get rid of acne”. Many skin cosmetics include honey as an ingredient in them. Honey is a natural anti-biotic which works as an antiseptic to kill bacteria on the skin which causes acne. Its anti-inflammatory properties help balances the PH level of your body and it helps prevent the severe effects of sun. Honey can be directly applied to the skin or it can be combined with other items to make an effective skin mask to prevent acne.
- Mix two tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of cinnamon and blend them to make a paste. Apply this paste on the face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water for better results.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with one tablespoon milk to make a paste. Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Strawberries and honey is also an effective mixture for acne treatment.
Water is the most important substance on earth which is important for perfect skin. Whether it is dryness on your skin, sun effects or acne, water is the only remedy that treats it all. Doctors recommend drinking at least 10 glasses of water daily to prevent break out of your skin and have a healthy and perfect skin. Water keeps the skin hydrated and balances the PH level. So drink more water daily and stop fearing acne. Water will heal your skin from inside out, just give it a try.
16. Baking Soda
In some of the best home remedies for acne that you can easily find at home, baking soda is really effective. Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda is a mild antiseptic to fight against bacteria and viruses. It kills the bacteria and prevents fungus to create acne. It also dry’s the excessive oil from your skin and makes the pores close thus is a best remedy for acne. Baking soda also removes the dead skin cells and balances the PH level of the skin. With all these properties baking soda is easily available at home to be used as a home remedy for acne. You can make your own face mask with baking soda by following this simple procedure:
- Mix 2 tablespoon of baking soda in water and make a paste.
- The paste should be thick so that it can stick to face for some time.
- Massage with this paste for two minutes and leave the paste on for 15 minutes.
- Once it is dry rinse it off with warm water.
Oatmeal or white oats are considered as a superfood to fight against many skin problems including acne. It works as a natural cleanser and cleans your skin from dust, cleans your pores and absorbs the excessive oil from the skin thus reduces the chances of acne at first place. Cooked oats has anti-inflammatory properties and its mask is best for breakages of skin. Oatmeal is best used with other ingredients to make a useful mask for your skin against acne. This mask is an effective acne treatment that will also make your skin beautiful.
- Cook a cup of oatmeal first and then add one tablespoon lemon juice and one tablespoon honey in it.
- Mix all these and then apply this mixture on your skin.
- Leave it applied for 30 minutes at least and then wash your face with warm water.
- For better results apply this mask twice a week.
14. Lemon Juice
Learn how to get rid of acne permanently using lemon juice. Lemon contains acidic properties that make it an effective antiseptic to kill the bacteria on the skin. Lemon juice contained all these benefits and cleans the dirt out of your skin. It digs deep in your skin and also clears the pores. With rich in vitamin C lemon juice can help prevent breakouts of the skin. Lemon juice is also used in many skin cosmetics. You can use lemon juice as follows:
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Squeeze a lemon to take the juice out of it. Apply this juice on your face.
- You can put lemon juice in different other ingredients to make a face mask at home.
You can apply lemon juice daily on your skin but if your skin is very dry you can use lemon juice once in two days.
Toothpaste not only is helpful for your teeth protection but can also use to clean your skin from acne. Toothpaste is an old still effective home remedy for acne. The presence of baking soda in toothpaste makes it an antiseptic. Toothpaste also helps in reducing the swelling and does not make your skin dry.
- Take toothpaste on your finger and apply it on your face.
- Do not rub it much but apply it to the affected areas of skin gently.
- Let it dry on your skin and then wash your face with warm water.
- Repeat the same daily and you will see significant improvement on your skin within days.
Papaya has best scrubbing properties. It is also one of the best home remedies for acne. Papaya removes dead skin cells and dry the skin a bit thus remove acne. After a papaya scrub you will feel your skin all soft and smooth. Papaya also contains anti-inflammatory properties that helps prevent the skin from pigmentation in acne. You can easily make your own scrub at home by following these simple steps:
- Peel the papaya and take its skin to mash till it is in form of a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and massage gently for 2 minutes.
- You can also add honey and lemon juice to this paste for enhanced results.
- Leave the paste on your skin to dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- If you feel your skin too much dry, use a moisturizer afterwards.
Orange is also one of the simple home remedy which is most reliable when it comes to fight acne. Thanks to its acidic properties and rich vitamin C that makes it perfects for your skin. Orange kills bacteria that causes acne and reduces the clogging of pores. It also helps clear the extra oil and dead cells in your skin, thus prevents acne. Vitamin C in oranges also helps the growth of new and healthy skin cells and makes your skin healthy. You can use oranges for treatment of acne in either juice form or raw or make a scrub off its peels.
- Apply the orange juice on your face gently and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Cut the orange in half. Rub your skin with a portion of orange gently for 2 minutes.
- Take the peels of orange and grind them to make a paste. Let the paste dried and then apply it on your face as a face mask. Leave it for 15 minutes and then clean your face with warm water for an effective acne treatment.
“The solution to your skin problems (Acne) is hidden in your home. Identify some home remedies for acne and remain young and beautiful forever.”
10. Banana Peel
The use of banana peel in acne is very effective to reduce the swelling and discomfort of acne. A powerful antioxidant lutein is present in banana peel which helps with the growth of new and healthy skin cells. It is also a good scrub to clear the skin from dirt and dead skin cells. So banana peel is an effective home remedy for acne in this way. You can use banana peel this way as an excellent acne treatment for your skin.
- Rub a banana peel on your damaged skin gently for some time.
- Thoroughly cover all your face and then let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
9. Aloe Vera
These amazing home remedies for acne are incomplete without adding Aloe Vera in them. Aloe Vera gel because of its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties qualifies for best acne treatment. It can be used with other ingredients to fight acne. Aloe Vera is an important skin care treatment so it also helps healing the scars after acne. It has antiseptic properties to kill the germs on the skin. Aloe Vera can be used in different cosmetic products and is also available in market in gel form. You can also have aloe Vera leafs off the plant available in market.
- Take the cutting of the leaf of aloe Vera plant.
- Peel it and squeeze the leaf to get the gel.
- Grind this gel to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas on your skin.
- Repeat the procedure twice daily.
If you want to know how to get rid of acne, learn this simple garlic recipe for perfect treatment. Garlic is also one the good remedy to fight acne because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Garlic cannot just prevent bacteria but can also help with the breakouts of skin. Its ingestion is equally helpful for skin than its direct application so you must add garlic in preparation of your food or can make face masks with it. It may be smelly but its positive effects for skin are more than that. You can apply garlic on your face as:
- Take 3 clovers of garlic.
- Mash them to make a paste.
- Dilute this paste with water and leave for some time.
- Soak cotton in this diluted material and apply it on the face.
- Leave this material applied for some time and then rinse off.
7. Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrub is not only good for the health of your skin but it can also a good healer and heals the breakouts of the skin caused by acne. It is a gentle exfoliator and clears your pores by helping you get rid from the dead skin cells. You can make a sugar scrub by following the simple recipe as follows:
- Take a cup of white or brown sugar and add 1tbsp of salt in it.
- Mix these ingredients in little water.
- After it is mix apply the mixture on face and massage for some time.
- Let the material remain on the face for 5 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- There are other materials which you can add in this scrub like lemon juice and vanilla powder etc. but the suggestion is to keep it simple.
6. Indian lilac
Indian lilac or neem is a best antiseptic the nature has given us. It is used in different antiseptic medicines as well as for the treatment of many skin problems including pimples and skin breakouts. Their antiseptic property kills bacteria and prevents their growth and their anti-inflammatory property prevents swelling on the skin. You can use this effective acne treatment using Indian lilac this way:
- Add the leaves of Indian lilac in bath tub for some time and then take bath with that water. It will kill all the bacteria from the skin.
- Grind Indian lilac leaves with little water in it. Apply this paste to the affected areas of the skin for 20 minutes. Wash the skin with water.
- Boil some Indian lilac leave in water. Strain it and save the water for use latter. Each day drink this water with honey for advance action against acne.
Mint is also one of those home remedies for acne which is very effective. Mint contains menthol which is a natural antiseptic and pain killer and use in different antiseptic medications. It will kill the bacteria on your skin and will reduce the pain and swelling caused by the acne.
- Take mint leaves and crush then to make a paste.
- Add some water in this paste to make a juice.
- Apply this paste to your face for five minutes and then rinse off.
You can also use mint leaves the other way:
- Add some mint leaves in tub.
- Leave for sometimes to let the water absorb the properties of mint leaves.
- Take bath with such water.
Give yourself a perfect acne treatment using avocado. Using avocado for skin care is the best idea because of the many health benefits associated to avocado. The direct application of avocado on face can do wonders for your skin including nourishing the skin, improves the complexion and repair the skin cracks. Avocado contains vitamin A, E and antioxidants to help your skin against acne. Avocado and honey mask is the best treatment of acne which can be made at home as follows:
- Peel an avocado and mash it.
- Add 2 tbsp. of honey in the mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and then mix the materials properly.
- Apply it on your face and rub gently.
- Rinse off and you will see the softness on your face.
Quick link = Health benefits of Avocado
Potato is not just a tasty vegetable but it is also one of the good remedies for acne. Potato is full of potassium and other antioxidants that helps the skin health and clears the marks on the skin. Potato juice is also very effective to be used on skin or you can use raw potato on the skin as follows:
- Cut the potato in half.
- Rub the potato on face in a circular movement for 5 minutes.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and the rinse off with warm water.
2. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth is commonly known as multani mitti in Indian region and is very effective for acne. It has been used for skin care from many years. It has some special properties to help skin from dryness and clogging the pores. It also helps prevent the sun burns and is an effective sunscreen. All these amazing health benefits make it one of the best home remedies for acne. People also named fuller’s earth to improve complexion.
- Take fuller’s earth, rose water and honey to make a face pack.
- Mix all these ingredients in a pot.
- Apply this mask on face and let it dry.
- Wash your face afterwards.
Fenugreek is an herb which is also used as vegetable in different countries of world. This herb has many health benefits associated with its leaves and seeds. The leaves of fenugreek are used as a home remedy for acne because it has antioxidant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Because of all these properties fenugreek can be used to make a face mask to treat acne on different skin types.
- Make a paste of fenugreek leaves and water.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas on your skin.
- Leave the paste on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water after that.
- Repeat the process daily and you will see good results.
With such incredible benefits of these remedies, who would want to visit a dermatologist again? You must understand that acne is something you must be seriously considers some medication for. It is good to use some natural and home remedies to fight acne but there are some tips you need to follow while applying these home remedies to avoid any kind of harsh circumstances. We have listed some Do’s of Don’ts that will help you understand the best and worst practices for acne.
- Wash your face twice a day with some medicated face wash.
- Massage your face gently.
- Use warm water to rinse off.
- Shampoo your oily hair regularly.
- Apply sunscreen whenever you step out of your house.
- If your skin is sensitive, always dilute the mixtures before applying.
- Add more green vegetables to your diet.
- Avoid sweating on the face for long. Wash your face after sweating.
- Avoid application of sponge and towels as they can create irritation.
- Avoid touching your skin often and don’t rub your skin in any case.
- Avoid excessive use of cosmetics. You must eliminate such cosmetics contains so much oil in them.
Just by following few of these tips and techniques you will not have to fear facing the people any more. Your face will also become clear from pimples and you will have your lost confidence back.