Toenail fungus is a common problem that the majority of the people are facing it. It starts as yellow or white spot under the toenail. It is a kind of fungal infection, that causes of thickening your nail or crumble at the corner. It can increase from one nail to another as well. It is sometimes mild and never disturbs or pains the patient, but if it is paining and thickening nails, then you must have to take steps for the treatment. It is known as unguium and onychomycosis, it is known as athlete’s foot when fungus appears in the area between the skin and toes of your feet. There are certain conditions in which fungus thrives to your toenail including a weakened immune system, the pH levels of the skin, sweaty shoes and socks, continuous exposure to a moist environment, poor hygiene and diabetes. The toenail fungus is curable if it is splitting, cracking or loss of the nail even. It can be treated through some effective home remedies in one or two months. Here are some efficient home remedies to get rid of the problem.
20. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is the effective remedy that treats the problem effectively. It has acidic nature and this helps to kill the bacteria as well as prevent it from damaging the toenail.
- Blend equivalent amounts of apple cider vinegar and water. Absorb your toenail in it for 30 minutes every day. At the point when done, dry your toenail altogether. At the point when utilized day by day for a couple of weeks, you will see change rapidly.
- Another alternative is made an antifungal shedding scour by some coarsely ground rice flour with a couple spoons of apple fruit extract vinegar. Apply this paste on and around the influenced nail and delicately clean the region. Do this a couple times each week. This cure will likewise help dispose of dead skin cells and keep your skin delicate.
19. Tea Tree Oil
The tea tree oil is an antiseptic and antifungal. It helps to treat the toenail fungus in an extremely efficient way. It is the best home remedy to treat the other skin problems as well.
- Mix some drops of tea tree oil in one teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the solution on the influenced toenail.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, and after that utilization a toothbrush scrubbing it gently the influenced nail.
- Do this a few times every day until you are fulfilled by the outcomes.
18. Baking Soda
Baking soda is available in most of the kitchens at home. It can be used to treat the toenail fungus effectively. It is an effective mean to get rid of the foot odor as well.
- Take one cup baking soda, one cup 3% hydrogen peroxide and one cup Epsom salt to some boiling water. Blend the mixture completely, and afterward, add one-fourth measure of white vinegar to it.
- Soak the influenced toenail in this mixture for around 10 minutes.
- Wash with clean water and dry your foot completely.
- Repeat the procedure twice day by day for a few weeks.
17. White Vinegar
White vinegar is the ingredient that is available at home very easily, moreover, it is perfect to treat the toenail fungus because it has the tendency to fight the infection and helps in preventing the skin. It assists in restoring the PH of the skin as well.
- Mix one part of white vinegar with two sections of warm water.
- Soak the influenced toenail in the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off and dry the influenced range completely.
- Repeat twice day by day until the parasite is no more.
16. Oil Of Oregano
The oil of oregano is having the nature of antifungal, analgesic, antiviral, antiparasitic, antibacterial, and antiseptic. All these properties are sufficient to treat the nail fungus effectively and rapidly.
- Blend two drops of oil of oregano in one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply this solution on the influenced.
- Leave it on for no less than 30 minutes.
- Wash it and dry your toes altogether.
- Repeat it every day for three weeks to see positive results.
15. Listerine Mouthwash
Listrine Mouth Wah is very famous in this condition to treat the toenail fungus. It is highly efficient to kill germs and bacterias to treat toenail fungus. The mouthwash is composed of several compounds including alcohol that is very strong antiseptic that is very effective to kill harmful fungi and bacteria.
- Fill a little tub with Listerine mouthwash, or a blend of equivalent amounts of Listerine and white vinegar.
- Soak the influenced foot in this answer for around 30 minutes, and after that clean the contaminated toenail delicately.
- Rinse it off and dry the influenced range completely.
- Repeat it every day until the disease clears.
These are the natural ways that work gradually and helps you to get rid of the fungus infection easily. These home remedies work slowly and steadily, but deeply. These remedies provide an ultimate protection from the toenail fungus further.
Garlic is rich in ajoene and allicin. These components are full of antiseptic nature in treating the toenail fungus.
- Mix garlic oil with an equivalent measure of white vinegar. Apply this solution on the affected area and around the contaminated toenail and spread the treated toe with a wrap. Leave it on for a couple of hours before evacuating the swathe. Rehash every day until the contamination clears.
- You can likewise eat maybe a couple pulverized garlic cloves every.
13. Lemon Juice
Lemon is a citrus fruit and full of the countless qualities. It is an antiseptic and antifungal product. It contains citric acid that helps to prevent the nail fungus as well as from spreading it.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Use fresh lemon juice for this purpose and apply it on the contaminated toenail. Leave it on for around 30 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Another alternative is to blend equivalent measures of lemon juice and olive oil and utilize this blend to back rub the affected area. Leave it on for some times before washing it off. The olive oil will help mollify your skin, while the lemon juice will help to control the parasitic contamination.
12. Lavender Oil
Lavender Oil contains the volatile compounds as well as full of antiseptic properties. It can help to fight all kinds of infection on the skin and its irritation.
- Mix five drops of lavender oil and tea tree oil each.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture under the top edge of the influenced toenail and encompassing zone.
- Leave it on for no less than 10 minutes, wash it off and dry your toes completely.
- Repeat a few times each day.
11. Orange Oil
The orange oil is an antifungal and antiseptic. It is perfect or treating the infections as well as toenail fungus. It can create allergy on the skin, so it is better to check its effect on small area of skin before starting the treatment.
- Use a dropper to apply immaculate orange oil between your toes and on and under your toenails. In the event that you have delicate skin, then weaken the vital oil with an equivalent measure of bearer oil, for example, grape seed oil.
- Leave it on for no less than 30 minutes.
- Repeat a few times every day until you see a change.
10. Vicks Vaporub
Vicks Vaporub is the medicine that is used for easy inhale during the congestion of the nose and chest. It is antifungal that is why it can be used to treat toenail fungus.
- Wash your feet with luke water and let it dry. Apply Vicks Vaporub on the toenail and spread it with a bandage.
- Wear a socks.
Repeat it 2 times each day for 6 -10 weeks or until you see a change.
9. Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is very important to treat the toenail fungus by completing the deficiency of vitamin in the body. Vitamin E is the perfect treatment of skin problems. Eat food that is rich in vitamin E.
- Apply vitamin E oil on the influenced range and underneath the nail.
- Repeat the procedure until you see changes.
8. Onion Juice
Onion juice is great to enhance the health of skin, it is effective to treat the fungal infections. It has the antifungal properties and acidic nature. Onion juice is greatly valuable with the blend of garlic juice.
- Take an onion, cut and rub it on the tainted toenail for a couple of minutes.
- This is a standout among the best common cures for parasitic contamination.
Turmeric is the herb that is full of medicinal qualities. It is antiseptic, antianalgesic, antinflamatory and antifungal. It is the best source to treat the toenail fungus.
Quick link = Turmeric benefits
- Blend turmeric powder and water to make a paste. Spread it on the influenced toenail and leave it for a couple of minutes. Give it a chance to dry. Later, wash with plain water.
- Also, take turmeric oil and water in 1:3 proportions and set up a weakened arrangement. Apply it straightforwardly on the contaminated nail utilizing cotton. Repeat the procedure thrice every day with a specific end goal to accelerate the recuperating procedure.
- Rather, the concentrate of 300 milligrams of turmeric can be taken thrice a day.
6. Lemon Grass Oil
The Lemon Grass oil is the great antiseptic and antifungal that protects the skin and toenail from infection and give it relief from fragility, distortion and crumbling. It is a very efficient home remedy to fight against the infection.
- Mix 12 drops of lemongrass oil and 1 ounce of coconut/grape seed oil. Apply this blend onto the tainted ranges.
- Moreover, drink some lemon grass tea thrice a day, keeping in mind the end goal to mend the toenail organism inside.
- Or else, use teabags to clear the parasite speedier. Apply it on the affected area.
5. Castor Oil
It is the perfect source to get rid of the toenail fungus. Castor oil is very efficient in healing the wounds and highly useful in getting rid of fungal infections on the skin. You can use or mix coconut oil, vitamin E oil, almond oil and olive oil with castor oil.
- Soak a cotton bud in the castor oil and wrap it around the influenced area of feet throughout the night.
- Repeat it for the time until you see the change.
- It will show positive results rapidly.
4. Salt Water
The salt has the property to kill the germs and to stop their reproduction. It can be used to get rid of the toenail fungus.
- Pour some warm water in a tub and include hydrogen peroxide in it.
- Presently put your feet for at some time in this water.
- From that point, apply ocean salt on your toe nail and abandon it for a few minutes.
- Now, include a measure of ocean salt into the tub and dunk your feet again in it.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Pat your feet dry and apply maybe a couple drops vinegar to your toenail.
- Attempt this saltwater and every day to treat toe totally.
- This treatment will kill the microbes bringing in disease.
3. Iodine Tincture
Iodine tincture is the antiseptic solution and very effective for getting relief from the toe nail fungus. This is one of the best home solutions for nail growth. You can apply iodine onto the contaminated nail to reinforce the powerless nails and you will be no longer dependent on acrylic nails.
- As a matter of first importance clean your nail and trim it short.
- Give it a chance to dry altogether and apply iodine on top and underneath the nail.
- Apply it before you go to overnight before going to bed every day for a week.
2. Manuka Oil
The manukaoil is the natural way that is loaded with extraordinary qualities and gives staggering medical advantages. It can be utilized as a part of a medicine for the fungus treatment. It has numerous supplements that are useful for health and skin. The oil is beneficial for the skin and provides the nourishment as well. Manuka oil gives the best treatment to toenail fungus.
- Take few drops of this Manuka oil and apply it specifically onto the tainted territory. Apply it on the affected area.
Alternatively, take two quarts of warm water and pour ten drops of Manuka oil in it. Absorb your feet this answer for 15 minutes every day, keeping in mind the end goal to counteract further, development of contagious disease.
1. Black Walnut Salve
It is an effective home remedy for treating the toenail fungus.
- Prepare a solution by putting some hydrogen peroxide, 8 drops of tea tree oil, 1 crate of ocean salt and dark walnut bodies.
- Mix them well and absorb your feet this answer for no less than 30 minutes to enhance the condition.
- Always keep your feet dry.
- Put on sandals or flip flops for going outside.
- Always use an antifungal powder for keeping it dry.
- Use moisture while wearing socks and shoes.
- Use rubber gloves preventing the nail from water.
- Never share your shoes and socks.
- Do not walk barefoot in damp places.
- Do not share your accessories with an infected person.
- Avoid wearing tight and closed shoes.
- Do not use nail polish on infected nail.